Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-13-2006   #1
Low Life
Rookie

Default #37

Just Curious as to where you guys think DD fits in the scheme of things IF we get Bush?
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

I think his touches get cut in half but productivity and longevity get a boost.
Old 04-13-2006   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life
Just Curious as to where you guys think DD fits in the scheme of things IF we get Bush?
Denver essentially had 2 backs run for 1,000 yards last year in Bell and Anderson. I see the Texans using both Davis and Bush in a similar manner. Hopefully it keeps them fresh and injury free. With an improved offense the Texans should have fewer 3 and outs this year. I think they led the league with 4,509 last season. This leads to more offensive plays . Each of them could get 225 carries. I'd see Davis ending up in the 900 yard range and Bush in the 1200.

The downside for fantasy footballers is figuring out which one is going to get the carries from week to week.
Old 04-13-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

This will keep them fresh though. I think DD will be used more in goaline or short yardage situations and Reggie to be used on 1st/2nd down.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think Davis is really all that much more suited for goalline situations. Both of them are threats catching the ball though, so it could be a tossup.

Either way.. yah, they will be splitting carries. We are gonna have a scary offense next year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #6
cyanides
Rookie

In college Bush averaged about 15 touches a game. (I think) I've heard "experts" saying he SHOULD get about the same as a pro. I can see him lined up in the slot or as a motion man with DD on the field also. I can also see him on 1st and 2nd down, but not every one. All and all I don't think DD carries are going to suffer that much. Especially if spliiting time resulted in him being healthy enough to play more games. I would be shocked if they ended up with about the same amount of carries.
cyanides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanides
In college Bush averaged about 15 touches a game. (I think)
He had 15.5 carries per game (more than Lendale White by the way) plus 3 receptions per game--18.5 touches per game.
Old 04-13-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's no longer an IF here, so that will make the trade all the sweeter.

DD will still be the starter, unless any other RB, maybe 34, play very well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan

You really think DD will still start? I don't think so. Bush will be the starter and depending on the play will be either in the backfield, slot or split wide. We'll probably see formations where both RB and DD will be in the backfield.

Overall, RB's and DD's dual production will make us a much stronger and more exciting team.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #10
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I agree w/ Japan. No way we can put 60 million on the bench.

I'm still confused as to the point of a 80 million dollar backfield. One or the OTHER but please not both.

This is turning into another charlie meltdown.
Old 04-13-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he will share carries with Bush for one season and then will be cut in late Feb '07 because of a cap number somewhere around 4.6.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well we just signed dd to a pretty new contract and we have nothing we owe bush, so the most logical would be to keep D.D and not get bush, thats if ur worried about how much we have invested in our back field.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan
You really think DD will still start? I don't think so. Bush will be the starter and depending on the play will be either in the backfield, slot or split wide. We'll probably see formations where both RB and DD will be in the backfield.

Overall, RB's and DD's dual production will make us a much stronger and more exciting team.
One has to let Reggie learn about the nuances of running in the NFL. He does have an advantage over DD because Reggie has been in the zone-blocking scheme. Still, Kubes has to let DD increase his trade value IF Bush is drafted. IF we draft him.
Old 04-13-2006   #14
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan

I agree with you. I see it in a way that DD is our starting RB and Bush would be our starting athlete. Its like, we can have both of them in the backfield, DD in the backfield and Reggie in the slot, or Reggie in the backfield and DD on the bench, DD in the backfield and Reggie on the bench. I also think that Reggie will contribute on punt return, so that will be about 4 or 5 of his touches a game.
Old 04-13-2006   #15
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan
Bush will be the starter and depending on the play will be either in the backfield, slot or split wide. We'll probably see formations where both RB and DD will be in the backfield.
I could see them both starting a majority of the time. Who knows, it may be the Fullback who ends up losing the most playing time.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldar
I could see them both starting a majority of the time. Who knows, it may be the Fullback who ends up losing the most playing time.
Okay, DD, you're starter A
Reggie, you're starter 1
Old 04-13-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I see Davis and Bush splitting carries early in the season until Bush pulls away from Davis and takes the starting job. Bush will be in on 1st and 2nd down, while Davis will be in during 3rd.
Old 04-13-2006   #18
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default no way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I agree with you. I see it in a way that DD is our starting RB and Bush would be our starting athlete. Its like, we can have both of them in the backfield, DD in the backfield and Reggie in the slot, or Reggie in the backfield and DD on the bench, DD in the backfield and Reggie on the bench. I also think that Reggie will contribute on punt return, so that will be about 4 or 5 of his touches a game.
Reggie will not return punts for us next year. Period. He really didn't amaze as a punt returner at USC. What makes you believe he'll be an astounding one in the NFL?

To the OP....It doesn't make sense now but we really didn't expect at the begining of last year to be in the position to have the #1 pick. That's why we signed DD to the deal we have. At the end of next year one of two things will happen. Either DD restructures his deal...which i think would be in his best interest...we really should have an explosive offense next year and progress well. I think He'll want to finish what he started with the texans. That is the most plausable one IMO but other then that Cut or traded.

I really don't understand the fuss about having a two deep backfield. The money tied up in it WILL be addressed next year. I also think a year or two i nthe league and he will become the coveted everydown back that people crave. Until then I think him and the team BENEFITS from running multiple backs.
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve
He really didn't amaze as a punt returner at USC.
yes he did

Buchanon will be the punt returner.
Old 04-13-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Does it matter who is the starter if they are getting around the same amount of carries? Bush will be on the field for the majority of the plays, whether he is lined up as a receiver or a back he will be there.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read