Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 377
Rep Power: 9 DominickDavisFan76 is ridin' the pine
Default Give Anthony Floyd a shot

I accidently posted him as a LB, but he is actually a Safety

I think he will be one of our players that starts on Special Teams and will get so many tackles, or fumbles, or whatever. I think that he could possibly be our #2 Safety, so yes he will probably back up but I think He will get his shot once Earl or Brown gets hurt, and if Earl gets sucker punched again, expect this guy to start.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #2
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 377
Rep Power: 9 DominickDavisFan76 is ridin' the pine
Default

Plus he has the holds the All time most Career Interceptions with 18 at Louisville, so u cant say he doesnt have a nose for the ball

He reminds me of a slower Troy Polamalu, and hes an unrestriced FA so he comes cheap
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #3
Youngstown Colt
All Pro
 
Youngstown Colt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 10 Youngstown Colt is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Plus he has the holds the All time most Career Interceptions with 18 at Louisville, so u cant say he doesnt have a nose for the ball

He reminds me of a slower Troy Polamalu, and hes an unrestriced FA so he comes cheap
Ah Anthony Floyd, believe me, no one has watched more of Antony than me. He went to HS in Youngstown (on the same team with Brad Smith for one year), and I watched him excell. I watched as many of his Louisville games as I could, where as noted he became the all time leading UL interceptor.

*sigh* Then I watched him as he played for the Colts. On special teams, he was nice. He recovered the game clinching fumble against the Titans one year. But every once in a while he gets in the game. And he gets burned. He's just not someone who should be playing anything other than ST. As for the Polamalu comparison, nah.
__________________
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم
 
hot pickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Age: 25
Posts: 2,466
Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

i love you anothony floyd

i think he is great, i watched acouple berlin games this season and he as done really well

ps. i dont actually love him, but he is one hell of a player, just so yall know
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #5
Youngstown Colt
All Pro
 
Youngstown Colt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 10 Youngstown Colt is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i love you anothony floyd

i think he is great, i watched acouple berlin games this season and he as done really well

ps. i dont actually love him, but he is one hell of a player, just so yall know
Huh, I didn't know he was over there. Good to see a Youngstown boy making it (on some level)

Who knows, maybe he's improved his coverage skills a little.
__________________
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 4,990
Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Ah Anthony Floyd, believe me, no one has watched more of Antony than me. He went to HS in Youngstown (on the same team with Brad Smith for one year), and I watched him excell. I watched as many of his Louisville games as I could, where as noted he became the all time leading UL interceptor.

*sigh* Then I watched him as he played for the Colts. On special teams, he was nice. He recovered the game clinching fumble against the Titans one year. But every once in a while he gets in the game. And he gets burned. He's just not someone who should be playing anything other than ST. As for the Polamalu comparison, nah.
I say give him a shot, cause name me our safty who has proven he can handel coverage and doesnt get burned?
__________________
Ugh, I wish my dog would quit Schaubin in the living room...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger