Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-12-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Richard Justice has done a complete "about-face" !

"Bush is such a rare talent the Texans are lucky to have an opportunity to get him. Some years there's a tough debate about all the top picks. There are no questions about Bush. He's going to be a star.
He makes the Texans better on a variety of levels. He makes them more interesting, too.
It's one thing to pass on Young to take Bush. Young would mean parting company with Carr before finding out how good he is. Such a divorce wouldn't be pleasant.
Bush is a simple fit. He arrives, joins Carr in the backfield, and things roll. Meanwhile, Young will need time.
And the Texans have invested four years and millions of dollars in Carr. With a new coaching staff and an array of new talent, this will be his opportunity. It never should have taken this long.
Domanick Davis is a serviceable NFL back, but he's not a game- breaker. With Johnson, Moulds and Bush, the Texans will have three players capable of quick scores.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/3788381.html
Formerly a big "Draft VY" guy, Justice has seen the light and is firmly in
the corner of the "Draft Reggie" crowd.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

what did you expect... it is richard justice.
Old 04-12-2006   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Wow. Didn't expect that. He may also just be trying to make amends with all the people that ripped him when he wrote that "Open letter to Reggie Bush" talking about how horrible a place Houston was to live.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #4
SESupergenius

"I think the Texans should draft Vince Young." - Richard Justice - April 10

It makes me sick when writers like this flip flop and never stick to their guns.
Old 04-12-2006   #5
barzilla
Veteran

This is Justice's MO. Anyone that reads his coverage of all three sports (especially baseball) know him as a classic flip-flopper. The key for him is the seamless transition. Instead of writing a column about how you are wrong, jump horses midstream and fit in one sentence admitting your switch. If you're lucky people won't notice that sentence. If you're extremely lucky people will never notice you were pro-Vince.

I have no problem with people changing their mind. I do all the time. The key as a columnist is the mea culpa. There is little in his case.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

He just doesn't want to be wrong. Now, no matter what the texans do, Justice can say he told them so.
Old 04-12-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Wasn't it Justice who wrote the RIP article on the Astros when they were 15-30 (or somewhere around there)? That one was an all-time classic.
Old 04-12-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

didn't he then claim to have lit the fires in the astros bellies.
Old 04-12-2006   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
didn't he then claim to have lit the fires in the astros bellies.
Yes he did. That was the icing on the cake. It didn't have anything to do with Bagwell out of the lineup or Berkman getting healthy, did it? Nah, it is all about Richard Justice's article.
Old 04-12-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Wasn't it Justice who wrote the RIP article on the Astros when they were 15-30 (or somewhere around there)? That one was an all-time classic.
Then turn around and say he never doubted them for a second.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Actually after reading Justice's article, it looks more like a concession speech. He realizes we aren't taking Young, so he is accepting that Bush is the pick. He loved Bush prior to getting his just-short-of-Rich-Lord man crush on Young after the Rose Bowl. I wish more VY fans would realize that we are not taking the man.
Old 04-12-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wish more VY fans would realize that we are not taking the man.
I think most of them know that, as they are past the denial stage. Actually the Texans pick is now a foregone conclusion and the big talk now should be
the second the Saints have and where ViY goes. I think there's a good chance someone moves up in a trade with the Saints to take either Leinert or
VY.
By the way, Justice just joined Lance and John on the 610 show this morning.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #13
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually after reading Justice's article, it looks more like a concession speech. He realizes we aren't taking Young, so he is accepting that Bush is the pick. He loved Bush prior to getting his just-short-of-Rich-Lord man crush on Young after the Rose Bowl. I wish more VY fans would realize that we are not taking the man.
That's what it sounds like to me. And I also wish more VY lovers would accept that Reggie Bush is the probable #1 pick. Assuming we keep the pick.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since the Rose Bowl ..... I havent been able to make up my mind which player is a better fit for the LONG HAUL ..... The one thing I do know is that I wish Vince would'a stayed at Texas ..... The Horns would be the fav's to win it all again .... and we wouldnt have to listen to the VY / RB debate in every damn thread !

As for Justice and McLain .... their mission is to sell papers , its a popularity contest with those guy's .... They dont really care if the team wins or loses as long as they have a juicy story to writ about ..... Anyone read what Mclain wrote the other day .... " I hope Vince goes to the Titans so the Texans can play against him twice a year and Ill have something to write about " .....

Popularity doesnt win football games .... It just sells papers , Tennis shoes , Cars , Beer ....or what ever ....... Then you and I (the consumer) pay more for it :brickwall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Anyone hear the Mattress Mac call in to the 610 guys and Justice this morning? Mac was almost hysterical at the thought of the Texans not drafting Mr Young. Was kinda funny ....
Old 04-12-2006   #16
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Anyone hear the Mattress Mac call in to the 610 guys and Justice this morning? Mac was almost hysterical at the thought of the Texans not drafting Mr Young. Was kinda funny ....
Damn, sorry to have missed that! Bet it was hilarious. "C'mon Texans, trade down! It'll save you MONEY!!!"
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #17
kingh99

Mr. Justice needs someone to interview for the next 6 years. He's not doing his career any favors politicking for the wrong guy. He knows it and is a realist. Nothing to do with who he likes. IMHO.
Old 04-12-2006   #18
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

After everyone settles down from the Rose Bowl and looks at the whole picture, they will ALL realize Reggie Bush is the correct pick. It's a NO BRAINER! And I guarantee if Young didn't go to UT nobody here would even be thinking about him as the #1 overall pick.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Damn, that was funny. I wonder if he was jumping up and down with money in his hands while he was ranting.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #20
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, it was Jesus Ortiz who wrote the tombstone article. Justice was speaking of the entire Chronicle staff when he JOKINGLY took credit for the astros making it to the world series.

If you read today's entire article, though, he says that the Texans aren't drafting Vince Young, so it's a pointless argument at this point. I don't think he has flipped on the issue, he just seems resigned to the inevitable.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read