Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Signings from KFFL

from www.kffl.com

Texans | B. Steele signed
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:50:32 -0700

The Houston Texans have signed free agent TE Ben Steele (Packers) to a one-year contract with a base salary of $350,000.

Texans | Contract update: M. Stone
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:46:31 -0700

Houston Texans S Michael Stone signed a one-year contract with a base salary of $585,000.

Texans | T. Peko signed
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:42:37 -0700

The Houston Texans have signed street free agent OL Tupe Peko (Panthers) to a one-year contract with a base salary of $500,000.

Texans | C. Doering signed
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:38:27 -0700

The Houston Texans have signed street free agent WR Chris Doering (Steelers) to a one-year contract with a base salary of $585,000.
Old 04-12-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Anyone here really valuable to us?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

just stockin up for TC
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #4
Rovator
Veteran

Tupe Peko is a 78 in madden, which is better than Seth Wand and Chester Pitts
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Stone was a likely starter. Did I hear wrong?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I thought Stone was a likely starter. Did I hear wrong?
Re:Stone
McClain said that on chronicle. It is solely his comment I think.

But at least,Peko(G) and Stone(S) should be able to put some competition at their position respectively.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #7
SESupergenius

Chris Doering has been around a while, he last floated around with the Steelers. I thought they'd give him a chance now that Randle El is gone but I guess not. Hes 6-4 201. He's got good hands
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2006   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Chris Doering has been around a while, he last floated around with the Steelers. I thought they'd give him a chance now that Randle El is gone but I guess not. Hes 6-4 201. He's got good hands
Well, any player/s that give us a competition and depth to our team and not just for TC. I'm for it. Who knows, there might be a sleeper or two(Am I getting too optimistic?)!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Steele was a decent TE for GB, mainly a #3/Practice squad player. Doering hasn't done much but he's a pretty good player and could probably replace Armstrong if he leaves.
Old 04-12-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius

That avatar is hilarious supergenius. LOL
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Thats were I go to find out if someone is good, Cause they realy do a lot of checking with scouts and everything.
Why is Robaire always faster then Carr?:brickwall
Carr: "I want to keep my scrambling a secret. I want to be known as the slow white guy."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I don't think I've heard of any of these guys. Hope our new staff has a better eye for talent than the last one, or we're in for a long season.
Old 04-12-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Man, I don't think I've heard of any of these guys. Hope our new staff has a better eye for talent than the last one, or we're in for a long season.
The Patriots never picked up marquee FA's...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
True, but we can only hope our staff will be as sharp as their's. While they are a dynasty organization, I like the idea of using them as a standard of measurement.
Old 04-12-2006   #15
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovator
Tupe Peko is a 78 in madden, which is better than Seth Wand and Chester Pitts
I guess that shows that you can't believe the ratings in Madden...Peko was on the Panthers roster last season but didn't play. He was playing in the Arena Football League this year until recently.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
All of these guys are likely just depth for training camp and added competition, I doubt most of them make the final roster.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Corey Dillon?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read