Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Were we blessed!

Its kind of funny, because we started out seeking the WR who went to the Titans. He was using us, but he was really interested in the money. Everyone was worried and unhappy that we lost the guy.

The next guy to appear on the radar screen was Burlleson who was young and wanted the money. Appeared to be in the middle of a fight between the Vikings and the Seahawks. He eventually got a lot of money from the Seahawks.

Then along came Moulds and Casserly and company jumped at the opportunity. They should have and they did. He is intelligent, has a very fine reputation as a reciever, has a good work ethic, has been to 4 pro bowls, has worked out a lot with JR, and brings a solid vetern leadership to the WR coor. Now who do you think got the best deal by far? Yea, you got it, the TEXANS.

I may be wrong, but I think the good Lord and patience gave us the best of the lot. He's no TO, but we didn't want a TO. From our perspective he might be better than TO. I am really impressed with the gentleman and how he presents himself. I mentioned in the long post may be we needed to show him a little love. It looks like we did and he recognized it. Too bad for Philly in that regard. He thought we ment what we said. I think he means what he said to. That is just sit back folks and wait for the ride to begin. I think we have picked up some real hungry intelligent guys who are going to put the past way behind us. GOOO TEXXXXAAAANSSSSSS.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgtexan
Do you really think that "the good lord" is a Texans fan?
Well if he is, he's not on any bandwagon.
Old 04-11-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, the Saints need all the help they can get...They do need a new LB...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Its kind of funny, because we started out seeking the WR who went to the Titans. He was using us, but he was really interested in the money. Everyone was worried and unhappy that we lost the guy.

The next guy to appear on the radar screen was Burlleson who was young and wanted the money. Appeared to be in the middle of a fight between the Vikings and the Seahawks. He eventually got a lot of money from the Seahawks.

Then along came Moulds and Casserly and company jumped at the opportunity. They should have and they did. He is intelligent, has a very fine reputation as a reciever, has a good work ethic, has been to 4 pro bowls, has worked out a lot with JR, and brings a solid vetern leadership to the WR coor. Now who do you think got the best deal by far? Yea, you got it, the TEXANS.

I may be wrong, but I think the good Lord and patience gave us the best of the lot. He's no TO, but we didn't want a TO. From our perspective he might be better than TO. I am really impressed with the gentleman and how he presents himself. I mentioned in the long post may be we needed to show him a little love. It looks like we did and he recognized it. Too bad for Philly in that regard. He thought we ment what we said. I think he means what he said to. That is just sit back folks and wait for the ride to begin. I think we have picked up some real hungry intelligent guys who are going to put the past way behind us. GOOO TEXXXXAAAANSSSSSS.
With Moulds you have ask two questions.

1. Does he fit the system Kubiak is starting?

2. Can he provide the production required of a #2 WR and take the coverage emphasis off off Andre Johnson?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy. Yes, Moulds had a great career at Buffalo, but no one else really seemed interested in him until he got cut. There were reports Philadelphia was interested but you really can't rely on those type of reports to guage the market. If you recall, there were similar reports of Washington being interested in Buchanon before we traded for him, and they were really just hyped up.

Moulds may have his best years behind and may not provide the production we hope for.

We shall see early in the season because I think if things don't get cookin' quick, that long road game stretch could spell big trouble and us looking at another high draft pick.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #5
Ghetto D
Rookie

Quote:
Would that also make "the good lord" anti-Bills? Why wouldn't he prefer the Cowboys who built a stadium custom tailored for his/her/its viewing pleasure? Is he pulling a "Job" (the person not the noun) on us with that 2-14 season?

Man, this brings up so many more interesting questions beyond this EMo thing.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

You cant pray in a greedy manner. God takes no sides.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
2. Can he provide the production required of a #2 WR and take the coverage emphasis off off Andre Johnson?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy.
I don't see how this can be a serious question. Moulds has just finished 10 years in the league as a #1 WR with multiple pro-bowl performances and consistantly drawing double teams and enabling their #2 to excel. Last year he had 81 receptions (good for 15th in the league) despite consistant double teams and playing for the 29th passing offense with a QB controversy. In 2004 (the last year for a declining Drew Bledsoe) he had 88 receptions (good for 10th in the league. The answer is a resounding yes that he can be a #2 here in Houston. The fact that fans aren't privy to all the phone calls and interest level discussions of league members is a pretty thin reason to think otherwise.
Old 04-11-2006   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Does "the good lord" cause fumbles or only help in recovering fumbles?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic
Does "the good lord" cause fumbles or only help in recovering fumbles?
no, that's just David Carr's butterfingers. BTW, I don't know when I turned into a Carr-basher. I guess I'm waiting for a QB named John Byke.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #10
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

James 4:3 -- "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss ..."
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
You cant pray in a greedy manner. God takes no sides.
I like that, good post.

And alot of people need to unclench a little bit.
Old 04-11-2006   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I guess my point is for a change may be we did got the best deal. I personally feel that is the case without a doubt. We certainly have had our fair share of misery. I guess you would say we are do some favors, but perhaps we earned them.

I think this one trade is going to pay very large dividends. I can't wait for TC and the minicamps. What I hope to hear is that our receivers and Carr are clicking on all cylinders.

All of the people we have picked up seem to have a very good work ethic. That seems to fit the Kubiak mold. It will be interesting to see if Kubiak himself gets out there and begins to throw a few balls. He wasn't bad in his day. He certainly can demonstrate want he wants.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm a little confused, is the title supposed to be "Were we Blessed?" or "We were Blessed!"? Because the current title is a little confusing.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
All of the people we have picked up seem to have a very good work ethic. That seems to fit the Kubiak mold. It will be interesting to see if Kubiak himself gets out there and begins to throw a few balls. He wasn't bad in his day. He certainly can demonstrate want he wants.
A.) Please site source for this "work ethic" thing. B.) Please site source for Kubiak's dedication to work ethic. I don't see anything here that any other NFL coach doesn't have. C.) Kubiak was a good second string QB, but he was a backup.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope God is NOT a Texans fan, because we just had a 2-14 season.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #16
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
With Moulds you have ask two questions.

1. Does he fit the system Kubiak is starting?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy. Yes, Moulds had a great career at Buffalo, but no one else really seemed interested in him until he got cut. There were reports Philadelphia was interested but you really can't rely on those type of reports to guage the market. If you recall, there were similar reports of Washington being interested in Buchanon before we traded for him, and they were really just hyped up.

Moulds may have his best years behind and may not provide the production we hope for.

We shall see early in the season because I think if things don't get cookin' quick, that long road game stretch could spell big trouble and us looking at another high draft pick.
I believe Moulds was a great #1 about three seasons back. Then Evans was faster and Bledsoe was sucking it up. Moulds had an injury. Moulds came back from injury, and Losman sucked it up. I'm thinking for a #2 he will rock no doubt.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #17
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I sure hope God is NOT a Texans fan, because we just had a 2-14 season.
Sometimes you need to suffer. It's God's will. But I think the 2-14 season last year was just a sense of God's humor. You know he has a sense of humor anyway, I mean c'mon...the platypus.
Old 04-12-2006   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea I mean look what he did to you
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #19
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
A.) Please site source for this "work ethic" thing. B.) Please site source for Kubiak's dedication to work ethic. I don't see anything here that any other NFL coach doesn't have. C.) Kubiak was a good second string QB, but he was a backup.

To JOHN ELWAY!!! Fool
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I don't see how this can be a serious question. Moulds has just finished 10 years in the league as a #1 WR with multiple pro-bowl performances and consistantly drawing double teams and enabling their #2 to excel. Last year he had 81 receptions (good for 15th in the league) despite consistant double teams and playing for the 29th passing offense with a QB controversy. In 2004 (the last year for a declining Drew Bledsoe) he had 88 receptions (good for 10th in the league. The answer is a resounding yes that he can be a #2 here in Houston. The fact that fans aren't privy to all the phone calls and interest level discussions of league members is a pretty thin reason to think otherwise.
another good post by infantrycak........ Moulds will more than likely have us wondering who is really our #1 at the end of the season. I love AJ, don't get me wrong, but we've got two legit #1s starting for us....... where some teams like the Cowboys had two #2s, and Philly doesn't have a #1 at all.

I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money he wanted........ I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money we wanted to. I don't care who Kubiak is/was, but that is a lot of money to pay a guy like Givens when we have a guy with near identicle numbers that we didn't think twice about letting go.

Then we got Moulds for less money to boot......

Quote:
I guess my point is for a change may be we did got the best deal. I personally feel that is the case without a doubt. We certainly have had our fair share of misery. I guess you would say we are do some favors, but perhaps we earned them.
This deal to get EM may be the best deal we've got to date......... but it's kinda hard to say really. We did pick up DD for a #4 pick, that's got to be up there somewhere. And all the other FA that we've signed through the last 4 years, some didn't pan out........ but that may very well have been due to the Coaching staff..... I honestly don't know why they did some of the things they did with the people we had.......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read