Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-11-2006   #1
Trenches
Veteran

Default Trade offers?

I dont live in Houston anymore so I dont hear as much as I used to. I listen to Sirius NFL quite a bit and get info, like most, from many of the sports sites on the internet.

I have yet to hear about any team trading up with us. I'm sure we are asking for way too much, but, I still think its strange not to hear about deals that fell through. ESPECIALLY since Reggie Bush is the best prospect to come out in..............You would think if the guy is that great somebody out there would be willing to go Ditka and throw caution to the wind to get the guy.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Default Is this the #1 pick ?

I have noticed something that i find really strange. We haven't been able to even hear of one sound bite or sentence from an article about the what the Texans have been offered for the right's to the #1 pick. I don't think that is odd so much as i think it is mismanagement of the pick, we aren't using this pick as leverage for Reggie Bush. Even if we are deadset on keeping the pick i think it is pretty sorry to not even find out what other teams are willing to give for the one of the Greatest college RB's ever to come out in the NFL draft. I also believe that if Charley Casserly was so smart as a G.M. that he would leak out to the media possible offer's that we have been given by teams. Obviously he wouldn't be able to tell which teams have offered specificaly, but he would have started the bidding out in public. I think we are going to be hearing about teams offer's after the draft and i'm very interested to know how smart our front office is from hindsight. I also wonder if Reggie Bush is so awesome how come nobody is willing to come out publicly and try to get him? Is Reggie Bush worth less than Ricky Williams? Is he worth less than Phillip Rivers? Only time will answer that question but i cannot believe no one is trying to come after him publicly.
Old 04-11-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

we may not have been given anything close to what we would want.

I mean.. if we got offered the Jets 1st and 2nd.. you dont really want to leak that out to start a bidding war, because that sets a precedent. Maybe Tennessee would seek to beat it by offering their 1st and 2nd.. and then the jets would counter with their 1st, 2nd, and a 4th or 5th.

None of these are the kind of big payout we would want in order to give up the #1 pick.

Though the thought is intriguing ... heck, there may not have even been any offers. Alot of the time, from what i can tell, you dont see people seriously talking about trading up and down until draft day.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm sure they've had plenty of offers. why would anyone publicly say they're interested in trading up for a player? unless they're stupid, or mike ditka, they'll keep quiet.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #5
HOOK'EM
Veteran

More teams are in need of a QB, so they just need to work out a trade w/ the Saints.(to get ahead of the Titans)
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6
Samer
Veteran

Maybe its all being kept hush hush and on draft day or just before draft day they will announce that a trade happened. Or they may not even trade it, no one knows and no one will know until they come out and tell us what is happening.
Old 04-12-2006   #7
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Maybe Bob has told the guys to keep quiet, like a duck on a pond, you see calm smoth motion but under the water those legs are churning a mile a min. I think we will trade the pick, if Reggie is as great as most of you believe he is then we should be compensated very well I am sure
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I'd like to trade down....give a team our first for there best DB and there 1st...Then take mario williams...Bam that would boost our D 10%...Our O is already on track
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #9
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
I'd like to trade down....give a team our first for there best DB and there 1st...Then take mario williams...Bam that would boost our D 10%...Our O is already on track
For Reggie I think you could get a good DB their first this year, and a first next year.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read