Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-11-2006   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Trade down to #3?

In Profootballweekly's chat on ESPN.com today, Jeff Reynolds hinted at the possibility of a deal with the Titans. However, he also stated that scouts "are least enamored" with Leinart right now, and it was "very likely" that Young was the first QB taken in the draft.

So, if there's any basis to this rumor, who would the Titans be moving up to take? I've read that Floyd Reese wants VY, but according to all but a few* mocks he'll be there at #3. Do they want Bush or Brick? Will the bidding war center around VY?

*PFT had the Ravens moving up to #2 to take VY, and Billick has spoke well of him.

Last edited by Dr. Toro; 04-11-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Guess it depends on if Steve McNair goes to the Ravens.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

No one is going to trade up to #1 for D'Brickashaw Ferguson or probably Vince Young. While certain teams may like Vince, Leinart is generally regarded as the #1 QB still so he's the more likely to get picked first among QBs, so I think the Titans would just stay at #3 if they want Vince. Anyone trading with us or the Saints would likely be targeting Reggie Bush (if they trade to #1) or Matt Leinart (trade to #1 or #2).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #4
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
No one is going to trade up to #1 for D'Brickashaw Ferguson or probably Vince Young. While certain teams may like Vince, Leinart is generally regarded as the #1 QB still so he's the more likely to get picked first among QBs, so I think the Titans would just stay at #3 if they want Vince. Anyone trading with us or the Saints would likely be targeting Reggie Bush (if they trade to #1) or Matt Leinart (trade to #1 or #2).
That's the conventional wisdom, which is why i was surprised to see these comments. Running back isn't a need for them, but receiver is... so maybe Chow has sold the brass on Bush. Today, PFT said Leinart switching agents was influenced by a guarantee to get the Jets or Titans to move up to #1 and take him... taken with a grain of salt, but intriguing.
Old 04-12-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Didn't Parcells retire according to ProFootballTalk? And Brees will never play in New Orleans?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Didn't Parcells retire according to ProFootballTalk? And Brees will never play in New Orleans?
They broke Wonderlicgate... must have been a lie then.
Old 04-12-2006   #7
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I have read on Foxsports where the Titans are leaning more towards Vince over Lienart. Lienart had problems overthrowing people all year, and he did alot of the same in the pro-day performance. I doubt we could land Reggie at the #3 spot. If we were to trade down to the #3 it would be because Fisher is moving up to take Bush, not Young. I don't know weird things happen in the draft. Last year, all I ever saw was mock drafts with us taking either D. Thomas or Alex Barron??? We ended up with Travis Johnson
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2006   #8
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
That was an April Fools scoop edition
Old 04-12-2006   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank
I have read on Foxsports where the Titans are leaning more towards Vince over Lienart. Lienart had problems overthrowing people all year, and he did alot of the same in the pro-day performance. I doubt we could land Reggie at the #3 spot. If we were to trade down to the #3 it would be because Fisher is moving up to take Bush, not Young. I don't know weird things happen in the draft. Last year, all I ever saw was mock drafts with us taking either D. Thomas or Alex Barron??? We ended up with Travis Johnson
Remember Capers was helping with personnel decisions last year. This year could have more conventional wisdom involved.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read