Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2006   #1
dhaNim
Rookie

Default J. Wells meets with Bills

per KFFL:
Quote:
Bills | Team visits with J. Wells
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:31:07 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills visited with free agent RB Jonathan Wells (Texans) Tuesday, April 11.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Good luck Wells.
Old 04-11-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hope we keep him. Do we have a 3rd round tender on him?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. He's unrestricted.
Old 04-11-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

that doesnt sound right... i could have swore that we had given him a deal that would have to be matched
Old 04-11-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
that doesnt sound right... i could have swore that we had given him a deal that would have to be matched
Wells has acrued 4 years in the league. He no longer qualifies for RFA tenders. The only things which can be stuck on him are franchise and transition tags which were not used.
Old 04-11-2006   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Payback...although at a lesser scale.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

wow..so we let him go. That sucks.
Old 04-11-2006   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Payback...although at a lesser scale.
No no..............Payback would be letting the Bills have a 42-0 lead and the Texans coming back to win the game after half time. Payback would be letting Jim Eddy coach the Bills D.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #10
Trenches
Veteran

J Wells and a 5th rounder for Moulds? I'll take it!
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches
J Wells and a 5th rounder for Moulds? I'll take it!

Hmm good way to put it...I agree!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

I think you're thinking about Peek.
Old 04-11-2006   #13
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
No no..............Payback would be letting the Bills have a 42-0 lead and the Texans coming back to win the game after half time. Payback would be letting Jim Eddy coach the Bills D.
Please don't talk about that.
Old 04-11-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I think you're thinking about Peek.
I think you are right.. I was thinking that we had tendered an offer to them both..but I may have been imagining things.

ahh well...id hate to see him go. I think he is useful to us. If he does go..we REALLY will need an RB.

Morency aint ready to be starting, and Davis cant make it a whole year without getting injured.
Old 04-11-2006   #15
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
If he does go..we REALLY will need an RB.

Morency aint ready to be starting, and Davis cant make it a whole year without getting injured.
Reggie Reggie Reggie!!!

All kidding aside, I think we would be trying harder to keep Wells if that wasn't the plan
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #16
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans didn't offer him a contract for a reason. No sense having a 250lb RB who doesn't run like one. Last year he actually did a decent job, but still only got significant playing time when we ran out of RB's due to injury. One out of four years of DECENT playing doesn't cut it in the NFL. I am actually surprised to see ANYONE interested in him at all.
Old 04-11-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

eh.. since we instituted the zone blocking scheme, Wells has done very well I thought. Every time he has started he has played hard and put up fairly good numbers.

Personally ive never gotten hung up on the 250lb thing. So he doesnt run like Bettis.. oh well.. the important thing is getting the job done, and he seemed to do that. His size makes him durable..and that is very useful as well. Learning the fullback position has also been increasing his value.

All in all id like to keep him.
Old 04-11-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As I understand it, the importance of Wells was mainly special teams play with the addition of a few carries from game to game and filling in when someone is hurt.

It would be nice to keep him, but I don't know what he is looking for in compensation and does that make sense.

Maybe he asking too much for the value he provides? I hope so because I thought he was an asset due to the special teams play last year.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll hate to se him go.

I've always been partial to the "bruiser" style of running back. I thought he'd be the one to benefit the most from the coaching change. He seemed to be a presence on special teams also.

He always really stepped up when we needed him.

I'd rather see Mathis go.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #20
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvice
I'll hate to se him go.

I've always been partial to the "bruiser" style of running back. I thought he'd be the one to benefit the most from the coaching change. He seemed to be a presence on special teams also.

He always really stepped up when we needed him.

I'd rather see Mathis go.
makes sense. i guess wells made the pro bowl last year was named as the Texans first ever All-Pro selection.

other than that, i have nothing wrong with j. wells. guy always shut his mouth and busted his tail on special teams and when/always DD got hurt. would like to see him come back, but wish him luck if he sees a better opportunity.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read