Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2006   #1
Texans86
All Pro

Default Moulds Interview

If you haven't been to the NFL.com main page yet, there is an interview with Eric Moulds from the NFL network. It's on the right side with the videos. Currently, it's the video that is paused, but if another video is put up, you can just search through the bar for it. Pretty cool, nothing too substantial. He just seems like a good team player who is ready to come in and work.
Old 04-11-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Looks good. I am getting excited already.
Old 04-11-2006   #3
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't let the cat out of the bag about his future number though. Didn't not 80 however.
Old 04-11-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I really like everything I've heard Moulds say. He really seems to want to work with AJ.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I really like everything I've heard Moulds say. He really seems to want to work with AJ.
AND David Carr. Said they have already worked out together
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
AND David Carr. Said they have already worked out together
I hope that by "working out together," they mean helping David Carr move to 'Zona.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

A few interesting notes that I saw in two different articles on Moulds:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2488

Quote:
A large part of what attracted Moulds to Houston is the team’s quarterback situation. After dealing with massive turnover behind center the past few seasons with the Bills, Moulds looks forward to having some continuity with Carr.

Following a conversation he shared with the former No. 1 draft pick, Moulds is confident that the Texans are in good hands.

“We worked out together, and (Carr) just talked about how successful he wants this organization, this offense and this team to be,” Moulds said. “We’re on the same page and hopefully we can get the work done behind the scenes and get started.”

According to Moulds, the Texans have a good opportunity to reach the postseason in 2006 for the first time in franchise history. Considering the team’s 2-14 campaign last year, that outlook might seem a bit presumptuous. But Moulds sincerely believes that the Texans are headed in that direction, especially with him on board.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2404282

Quote:
"I looked at the weapons they have with Andre [Johnson] and David Carr and I just thought they were missing a couple other players to get them over the top," he said. "And I feel like I'm one of those players that can help them."
Quote:
After playing with a virtual revolving door of quarterbacks in his 10-year career, Moulds said Houston's commitment to Carr was an attractive aspect of coming to Houston.

The Texans exercised the option on Carr's contract in January to keep him with the team for at least three more seasons.

"I played with 10 different quarterbacks and so now that I know that David Carr is the guy, he and I and Andre can just get on the same page and just work," Moulds said. "We look good on paper right now. Now it's up to us to go out there and get it done."
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

from www.kffl.com

Texans | Moulds new teammate instrumental to his signing
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:10:13 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports recently signed Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds said Texans WR Andre Johnson was instrumental in his signing with the team. "That was a big plus for me to have a guy that had his arms open saying I need you on the other side of me to be successful," said Moulds who was also receiving interest from the Philadelphia Eagles.
Old 04-14-2006   #9
Dunta_23
All Pro

On a side note...Moulds will wear #84....its on the team roster list
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
On a side note...Moulds will wear #84....its on the team roster list
Thanks for the update I haven't checked for his number in awhile.
Old 04-14-2006   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
If you haven't been to the NFL.com main page yet, there is an interview with Eric Moulds from the NFL network. It's on the right side with the videos. Currently, it's the video that is paused, but if another video is put up, you can just search through the bar for it. Pretty cool, nothing too substantial. He just seems like a good team player who is ready to come in and work.
Did they ask him about his paltry 10 TDs in three seasons?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #12
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Did they ask him about his paltry 10 TDs in three seasons?
Do you see it as your lifes work to endlessly spew this toxic negativity on a sport you profess to love, being AND I QUOTE "A fan of the NFL"? ... Happiness must genuinely hurt for you ... Last picked at kickball, mama dressed you funny, name your cliche'. What truly blows me away is that you have spent thousands of dollars ALLEGEDLY on Texans season tickets to no doubt sit there in your seat & slam the organization, I bet. I have 2 words & only 2 for you ... seek help.

EDIT: You're still typing? Figured you'd have come back some more trash by now.
Old 04-14-2006   #13
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
Do you see it as your lifes work to endlessly spew this toxic negativity on a sport you profess to love, being AND I QUOTE "A fan of the NFL"? ... Happiness must genuinely hurt for you ... Last picked at kickball, mama dressed you funny, name your cliche'. What truly blows me away is that you have spent thousands of dollars ALLEGEDLY on Texans season tickets to no doubt sit there in your seat & slam the organization, I bet. I have 2 words & only 2 for you ... seek help.
If you get your "happiness" from a football team's success then you must have been very, very unhappy last season. I know I was. I actually felt bad for this team -- probably even worse than Capers felt, if that is possible. In fact, I was there in Reliant Stadium sitting in my seat last year when a large chunk of so-called "Texans fans" didn't even bother to show up with tickets they had already paid for and were actually hoping the team would lose. And now I imagine some of these same so-called "fans" are talking about how "negative" I am and how awful I am for no longer waving the pompoms. Yeah, some fans. Some of these so-called "fans" literally laughed at me when I told them, yes, I was going to the game on Sunday despite the fact that the team is dead in the water. In turn, they called me "a dyed-in-the-wool" Texans fan because I was there during the team's darkest times. And let's make this clear: Just because I don't wave the pompoms for the Texans anymore and won't drink the Kool Aid doesn't mean that I don't love the NFL. Yeah, I will slam this organization because -- instead of improving -- they have made obvious mistakes from the get-go and continue to compound these errors to such an extent that I personally have long since given up hope that they have any idea of knowing what to do. But one thing is for certain. When this team once again goes into the tank and half the stadium is empty come mid-season, I will still be there in person, sitting in my seat and watching the game while tens of thousands of so-called "fans" don't even bother to show up and use the tickets they have already paid for. Of course, this isn't atypical in Houston. The so-called "football fans" deserted the Oilers by the tens of thousands when they announced the move to Nashville when instead they should have mobbed the turnstiles, realizing that their time to see NFL football was very limited.
Old 04-14-2006   #14
CoachJim
Veteran

Whatever dude ... rock on.
Old 04-14-2006   #15
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
If you get your "happiness" from a football team's success then you must have been very, very unhappy last season. I know I was. I actually felt bad for this team -- probably even worse than Capers felt, if that is possible. In fact, I was there in Reliant Stadium sitting in my seat last year when a large chunk of so-called "Texans fans" didn't even bother to show up with tickets they had already paid for and were actually hoping the team would lose. And now I imagine some of these same so-called "fans" are talking about how "negative" I am and how awful I am for no longer waving the pompoms. Yeah, some fans. Some of these so-called "fans" literally laughed at me when I told them, yes, I was going to the game on Sunday despite the fact that the team is dead in the water. In turn, they called me "a dyed-in-the-wool" Texans fan because I was there during the team's darkest times. And let's make this clear: Just because I don't wave the pompoms for the Texans anymore and won't drink the Kool Aid doesn't mean that I don't love the NFL. Yeah, I will slam this organization because -- instead of improving -- they have made obvious mistakes from the get-go and continue to compound these errors to such an extent that I personally have long since given up hope that they have any idea of knowing what to do. But one thing is for certain. When this team once again goes into the tank and half the stadium is empty come mid-season, I will still be there in person, sitting in my seat and watching the game while tens of thousands of so-called "fans" don't even bother to show up and use the tickets they have already paid for. Of course, this isn't atypical in Houston. The so-called "football fans" deserted the Oilers by the tens of thousands when they announced the move to Nashville when instead they should have mobbed the turnstiles, realizing that their time to see NFL football was very limited.

Perhaps you should move to Nashville too, eh?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #16
CoachJim
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I will slam this organization because -- instead of improving -- they have made obvious mistakes from the get-go and continue to compound these errors to such an extent that I personally have long since given up hope that they have any idea of knowing what to do.
Ms.Cleo, is that you? ... Every red-blooded American is entitled to his/her OPINION but this crystal ball stuff, you gotta give it a rest ... either that or you're in the wrong line of work. If you've got that good an eye for talent then why haven't 32 NFL teams hired you yet as their senior scout? I gotta know whats gonna spew outta your mouth when our Texans go 10-6 or 12-4 & all is well on the O&D lines?
Old 04-15-2006   #17
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
Ms.Cleo, is that you? ... Every red-blooded American is entitled to his/her OPINION but this crystal ball stuff, you gotta give it a rest ... either that or you're in the wrong line of work. If you've got that good an eye for talent then why haven't 32 NFL teams hired you yet as their senior scout? I gotta know whats gonna spew outta your mouth when our Texans go 10-6 or 12-4 & all is well on the O&D lines?
It seems like there are a whole lot of people on this board who seem to believe they have a good eye for talent. Why don't you ask the same question of them? I'd like to know what's gonna spew outta YOUR mouth when your Texans go 3-13 or 4-12. As for me, I'll tell you what will be "spewing out of my mouth" if the Texans do well. I will say, "Oh, that's nice" and simply go about my business. If they lose, I'll say, "Oh, that's too bad" and I'll simply go about my business. In other words, it will be the same reaction I'll have if the Arizona Cardinals or the St. Louis Rams have good/bad seasons.
Old 04-15-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Perhaps you should move to Nashville too, eh?
I don't know why, seeing that I am not a homer and never did like that team -- though I did go to a few games for the NFL experience.
Old 04-15-2006   #19
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default did I say that?

Quote:
It seems like there are a whole lot of people on this board who seem to believe they have a good eye for talent. Why don't you ask the same question of them? I'd like to know what's gonna spew outta YOUR mouth when your Texans go 3-13 or 4-12. As for me, I'll tell you what will be "spewing out of my mouth" if the Texans do well. I will say, "Oh, that's nice" and simply go about my business. If they lose, I'll say, "Oh, that's too bad" and I'll simply go about my business. In other words, it will be the same reaction I'll have if the Arizona Cardinals or the St. Louis Rams have good/bad seasons.
yeah right!...like you only post one time a day, every few days!!??
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

And once again, our oh-so-great hater 'fan', Bobo has ruined a whole thread. well done, you must be so proud.
please go ahead and frequent the rams/cards boards(or even miami's where you can be re-united with your ONLY true love- the mighty Dom Capers) more often...i promise you won't be missed
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read