Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2006   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Koolbiak

While I will miss that squinting Dom Capers shared with Dubya, a new, hipper personality will be calling the plays come August. Gary Kubiak. The more press confrences I see him in, the more he looks like a cool guy. While outdated, he was wearing loafers with no socks when the Texans were scouting players in the upcoming draft. He was wearing stylish clothes in the last few interviews I saw. His suits were clean and he was smooth.

In contrast, Capers wore ugly Texans sweaters and jackets. He wore ugly brown suits. He had a horrible toupee. His press confrences were dull, predictable, and one half expected him to call for Bueller. More importantly, he lost.

Kubiak is undefeated as head coach. So, if for some reason we lose, we'll do it in style.

I'm bored, if you can't tell.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Have you ever seen Bill Belichek? I've never seen him at a press conference, but what he wears on the sidelines is just...dumb looking.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #3
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Yep, gotta love the team swetter and sweat-pants. Vince Lombardi turns over in his grave...
Old 04-09-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
His press confrences were dull, predictable, and one half expected him to call for Bueller.
He just didn't Execute...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
He just didn't Execute...
NICE! Around this time last year, Mike Nolan petitioned the league to allow coaches to wear suits. The NFL's response: How much is Armani willing to pay?
Old 04-10-2006   #6
BaLou
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Have you ever seen Bill Belichek? I've never seen him at a press conference, but what he wears on the sidelines is just...dumb looking.
Who cares? Belichick is a proven winner! On that note, if Capers was a winner with the Texans, I wouldn't care if he wore a muscle shirt, shorts with flipflops on the sidelines. But, he was fired for his performance, not for what we wore.
BaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Kubiak is undefeated as head coach. So, if for some reason we lose, we'll do it in style.

he can wear an evening gown for all I care, as long as he brings home those wins
Old 04-10-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Warning: This post contains images that may not be suitable to people with eyes.

Quote:
While I will miss that squinting Dom Capers shared with Dubya, a new, hipper personality will be calling the plays come August. Gary Kubiak. The more press confrences I see him in, the more he looks like a cool guy. While outdated, he was wearing loafers with no socks when the Texans were scouting players in the upcoming draft. He was wearing stylish clothes in the last few interviews I saw. His suits were clean and he was smooth.
Actually, if you judge by magazines and catalogs, loafers no socks is in style as long as it is the right type of loafer.

The picture of Kubiak sitting on the turf on the sidelines during I think VY's Proday struck me as something I couldn't picture Capers doing.

He seems to be one of those coaches I always liked playing for--easy to talk to, trying to build confidence, not putting on a front, not playing games with you, just treating you like a human being--but clearly letting you know his expectations--and that you don't want to disappoint him.

Quote:
In contrast, Capers wore ugly Texans sweaters and jackets. He wore ugly brown suits. He had a horrible toupee. His press confrences were dull, predictable, and one half expected him to call for Bueller. More importantly, he lost.
Nah, that wasn't a toupee. That was just a really fuzzy combover. A lot of those horrible clothes are Reebok's fault--Reebok is a terrible designer of NFL clothes. (I could make them tons more money just spending a couple of days telling them what stuff they do is sorry).

Quote:

OK, I'll bite. I will go one step further. I think our coach is the hottest looking coach in the NFL. Of course, that ain't saying much.......

given......

the horror......

be careful, that button's gonna blow......

Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
he can wear an evening gown for all I care, as long as he brings home those wins
Nice, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Actually, if you judge by magazines and catalogs, loafers no socks is in style as long as it is the right type of loafer.

The picture of Kubiak sitting on the turf on the sidelines during I think VY's Proday struck me as something I couldn't picture Capers doing.

He seems to be one of those coaches I always liked playing for--easy to talk to, trying to build confidence, not putting on a front, not playing games with you, just treating you like a human being--but clearly letting you know his expectations--and that you don't want to disappoint him.

Nah, that wasn't a toupee. That was just a really fuzzy combover. A lot of those horrible clothes are Reebok's fault--Reebok is a terrible designer of NFL clothes. (I could make them tons more money just spending a couple of days telling them what stuff they do is sorry).

OK, I'll bite. I will go one step further. I think our coach is the hottest looking coach in the NFL. Of course, that ain't saying much.......

given......

the horror......

Man! That image will wake you up in the morning and keep you awake at night,

Parcels has a BIF (booty in front).
Old 04-10-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Man! That image will wake you up in the morning and keep you awake at night,

Parcels has a BIF (booty in front).
Becky, look at that butt. It's just so...Big! He looks like one of those Jaguars fans.
I like big bu....eewwwww!

Last edited by mexican_texan; 04-10-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2006   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick

You're terrible.

I'll say one thing TC, you've made quite an impression around here if click on your rep button and get "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Texans_Chick again".

Jeez Louise!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
You're terrible.

I'll say one thing TC, you've made quite an impression around here if click on your rep button and get "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Texans_Chick again".

Jeez Louise!

Sometimes I just feel compelled to apply the beat down by innate forces I do not quite understand. I've decided it is a special superpower.

heh.

And double heh on the "Booty in front"--I have never heard that before but it is apt.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #14
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this is why Kubiak never interviewed well. They were always distracted by his bare ankles.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Ummmmmm NOOOO Malloy! I'll flag this post!

The TUNA!!! He looks so mad there, I think the dude needs a bra (brother).
He needs the BRO (Kramer)
Old 04-10-2006   #16
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
amen brother!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Better now.
Old 04-12-2006   #18
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
NICE! Around this time last year, Mike Nolan petitioned the league to allow coaches to wear suits. The NFL's response: How much is Armani willing to pay?
The NFL won't allow suits because they don't sell them.
Old 04-12-2006   #19
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Quote:

And Mexican_Texan thought we wouldnt find out his true identity...
Old 04-12-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by |The.Brand0n|

And Mexican_Texan thought we wouldnt find out his true identity...
Dang! My secret's out! Time to watch Brokeback Mountain again...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read