Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-09-2006   #1
BrianC
Rookie

Default abc13 Texans Draft Special

Ill be watching but its almost certain to be a Vince Vs. Reggie debate, I wish they would talk about what were looking to do in later rounds but you know that wont happen for more than a minute if that.
BrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Cmon now, its not like TV will pick one subject and beat it to death for 3 months, will it?
Old 04-09-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Cmon now, its not like TV will pick one subject and beat it to death for 3 months, will it?
I thought American Idol was longer?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #4
LoneStarState
Veteran

Ch 13 should have named this farce of a show the "Draft Vince Young" show. What a pathetically biased display of Vincelove. Bob Allen and Tim Melton have just as much of a man crush on VY than Rich Lord or any of the other morons at 610 All Vince, All the Time.

Oh - and these same bozos will be the ones to tear VY down when he busts.
Old 04-09-2006   #5
LoneStarState
Veteran

Really objective reporting. And John Granato was more or less like "even if we suck after 10 years, it's Vince and that stadium will still be packed!" What an idiot.
Old 04-09-2006   #6
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I thought American Idol was longer?
hahahahaha thats one of those "lol"'s where you actually do Laugh out Loud
Old 04-09-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

So my question is, if Vince Young is projected to sit and learn his first year or two in the NFL, and the Texans drafted him, would people go just to watch him sit on the bench? The argument that says draft him because more people will go to the games just because of him is ridiculous. Winning will attract fans. A QB on the bench will not. It's as simple as that.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2006   #8
LoneStarState
Veteran

I wonder if they put out a casting call for UT Alums? Could they possibly have been at a sports bar where UT fans had gathered to watch the Horns lose in the NCAA Tourney? Only true 's would have given some of the responses some of those people gave...
Old 04-09-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected

I really dont want their best selling point to be "well, we'll come watch ya". If we win they will come, simple as that. In fact, I guarantee that opening day will be a sell-out, even coming off a 2-14 season and not drafting Vince. Shakes head in disgust....

EDIT: I didnt even see the post above me that said the same thing...
Old 04-09-2006   #10
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
So my question is, if Vince Young is projected to sit and learn his first year or two in the NFL, and the Texans drafted him, would people go just to watch him sit on the bench? The argument that says draft him because more people will go to the games just because of him is ridiculous. Winning will attract fans. A QB on the bench will not. It's as simple as that.
EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 04-09-2006   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I wonder if they put out a casting call for UT Alums? Could they possibly have been at a sports bar where UT fans had gathered to watch the Horns lose in the NCAA Tourney? Only true 's would have given some of the responses some of those people gave...
Hell, Im a UT homer and still dont want them to draft VY. I was screaming my head off during the Rose Bowl, Ohio State game and NCCA tourney for that matter. Where you go to school should not impact who you want your team to drat. Yes, VY was a great college QB. No, he will not help this team RIGHT NOW and we can find better uses for that pick, not necessraly Reggie, either...
Old 04-09-2006   #12
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
I really dont want their best selling point to be "well, we'll come watch ya". If we win they will come, simple as that. In fact, I guarantee that opening day will be a sell-out, even coming off a 2-14 season and not drafting Vince. Shakes head in disgust....
You have the line up of Bush, AJ, Moulds, DD, and Carr and all the NATIONAL hoopla over having REGGIE BUSH in the line up - eyes beyond Texas will be on the Texans. The snort would be back in the bull...
Old 04-09-2006   #13
Mailman04
Veteran

Thank you. I guess some want the Texans to trade Andre Johnson for someone from Texas, Dunta Robinson for someone from Texas. The same homers who are now whining for Vince Young will be the loudest rippers of the Texans when and if he is a bust or if they don't win with him. If all the NFL defenses were as pathetic as the one USC had, that would be fine, but unfortunately that isn't the case. I personally think Vince Young will be a bust in the NFL, but he may not. However, either way, Texans don't need him. The stupidest reason to use the No. 1 pick in the draft is to take someone just because he is from Houston. Win and they will put their butts in the seat no matter who Houston drafts.
Mailman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #14
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

"Vince vs Reggie" . . . That was so damned biased to Vince. It was ridiculous. Guess you have to expect it being the LOCAL media and all.....still frustrating though. At least they didn't have Rich Lord & Richard Justice on there proclaiming their rump ranger love for the guy though...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #15
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

You Reggie Bush fans are getting pathetic. Just listen to yourselves. I hope we trade down & don't take either one of them. That'll sure clear out the fake Texans fans.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #16
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
You Reggie Bush fans are getting pathetic. Just listen to yourselves. I hope we trade down & don't take either one of them. That'll sure clear out the fake Texans fans.
Well...I'd rather hear that statement from you than from MONARCH...At least I understand what you say
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats really sad about the whole thing is that the vast majority of fans will watch this show to educate themselves on the draft. They dont read these boards, or other NFL boards or anything.. they will just watch this show, and decide that we need to draft Vince Young.

Now.. when the draft rolls around, if we dont take Young..we are gonna have thousands of fans who think our new staff sucks. Why? because some UT loving jackholes planted this seed in the minds of a bunch of ignorant fans.

No good comes from such bias reporting.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #18
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Not that it's worth responding to, but I've been a Texans fan from the beginning and will be here whether they draft Reggie or not.
Old 04-09-2006   #19
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Whats really sad about the whole thing is that the vast majority of fans will watch this show to educate themselves on the draft. They dont read these boards, or other NFL boards or anything.. they will just watch this show, and decide that we need to draft Vince Young.

Now.. when the draft rolls around, if we dont take Young..we are gonna have thousands of fans who think our new staff sucks. Why? because some UT loving jackholes planted this seed in the minds of a bunch of ignorant fans.

No good comes from such bias reporting.
Channel 13's been an extension of the Texans from the very beginning. What if the front office has decided to go in another direction & is using Channel 13 to start preparing the public? Makes you go hmmmmm......, doesn't it?

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Well...I'd rather hear that statement from you than from MONARCH...At least I understand what you say
HAHA! Exactly! I laugh so hard reading his unorthodox posts that I can barely finish any of them. Serious right there

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read