Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default Do we already have our S?

I have noticed that we sent 9 players to NFL Europe and one of them happens to be Kevin Curtis (not the receiver) but the FS. Now I havent checked his stats in NFL Europe (if someone could that would be cool, o yea also check up on Mark Estelle, they both play for the centurions) but I think that they could both possiblely fill our S position, so It wouldnt matter if we still take a Safety, just take him (or her...Jk) later in the draft.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think our starting safeties are going to be Brown and Earl. Estelle and Curtis might be back ups to them.
Old 04-09-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I was talking about instead of wasting a pick on a safety, that we might need in the draft for another key position.

plus I kinda thought I would get more responses than just 1. but o well
Old 04-09-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
I was talking about instead of wasting a pick on a safety, that we might need in the draft for another key position.

plus I kinda thought I would get more responses than just 1. but o well
I don't think our players in NFLE will be starting players on our team, maybe at most special team players. I think that getting a player in the second round such as Ko Simpson would help us out more and I wouldn't consider that "wasting" a pick I think our #1 need is a #2 CB, and right behind that a safety, but with all the moves we have made I think that drafting a S or CB in round 2 makes a lot of sense. I think that with #1 we pick Bush, and then after that with our next 3 picks we draft a CB, S, and OLineman. I don't really care in which order, but I think whenever we get a safety in the draft he will make more of an impact on the team next year than our NFLE players.
Old 04-09-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I sure hope we draft a S with our #3 pick. Our #2 should be spent on a O-Linemen.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #6
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think that anyone who gets sent to NFLE is high on the teams depth chart.

Even Ragone who tore up NFLE gets no time.

As for S, we are set at SS with Earl and Brown...

Draft a FS on day one and we will be set
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Id like to know if any player that was sent to NFLE ever came back and actually became a major contributor to their team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2006   #8
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

other than the obvious kurt warner
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
other than the obvious kurt warner
Was Kurt Warner in the NFLE? I thought he just came in and won a starting spot. Interesting. But yah, OTHER than Kurt Warner
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jake Delhomme, Adam Viniatieri, and our S of the future, Eric Crouch.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #11
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think our starting safeties are going to be Brown and Earl. Estelle and Curtis might be back ups to them.
Does anyone have ideas on how much yardage was given up by these two safeties? Over all I thought they did a pretty good job of protecting the middle of the field. I'm sure some receivers made "down the sidelines" catches, but do we have to have a new free safety? I don't project anyone at 2nd round and as others i am looking for a solid ot or guard such as Max Jean Gilles or Eric Winston if he slips.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Does anyone have ideas on how much yardage was given up by these two safeties? Over all I thought they did a pretty good job of protecting the middle of the field. I'm sure some receivers made "down the sidelines" catches, but do we have to have a new free safety? I don't project anyone at 2nd round and as others i am looking for a solid ot or guard such as Max Jean Gilles or Eric Winston if he slips.
The problem is that Earl and CC are both best at SS, and if we can draft a FS they can battle it out at SS. Then everything will be better if we can draft a first day FS.
Old 04-10-2006   #13
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Id like to know if any player that was sent to NFLE ever came back and actually became a major contributor to their team.

I can only think of one, and that is Dante Hall.
Old 04-10-2006   #14
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
The problem is that Earl and CC are both best at SS, and if we can draft a FS they can battle it out at SS. Then everything will be better if we can draft a first day FS.
Vote For CC Brown at SS.
Old 04-10-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Well, for starters, Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Jason Allen, Jimmy Williams, and Daniel Bullocks are all going to be gone by the end of the second round.

Giles is not going to be our pick. He is the last guy we would draft right now for our scheme. You need to realize and accept that fact, and then quit saying we should draft him. Sorry to be harsh, but I was starting to feel embaressed for you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read