Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,323
Rep Power: 12 jacquescas is ridin' the pine
Default Jacquescas only drunk mock

Texans 6 round mock draft.

1 Reggie Bush HB
33 Eric Winston OT
65 Ray Edwards DE
66 Richard Marshall CB
98 Fred Matua OG
6th Marcus Vick QB/WR


this would make me very happy. but there are some reaches there, Matua in the fourth would be a steal as would vick in the 6th. (he is there for all those people who think we need a more mobile qb )
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame
 
Coach C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Houston
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default

you are obviously drunk and that is great. Disturbing that you are able to type when drunk, but some people need a little of the good medicine to function during the day. Winston if he falls is a great pick. Ray Edwards is not worth it double goes for Matua. Marshall in the third is a steal and getting Marcus Vick is pointless.
__________________
"Inconsistency is the only thing in which men are consistent" Horace Smith. 12-7 Aggies!!!
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame
 
F-minus67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Middletown,CT
Age: 27
Posts: 1,070
Rep Power: 12 F-minus67 is ridin' the pine
Default

I doubt that Marshall makes it to the 3rd, he is projected as a late 1st to early 2nd.
__________________
"Democracy is not for the people." - Judge Dredd
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame
 
ledzeppelin229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spring / San Marcos, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 6,829
Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Disturbing that you are able to type when drunk,
It's an inherited skill, some are born with it and others aren't. I know guys that can't even type sober.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
godzmn young fomkss are slow. they can all kissmy ass.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame
 
TexanFan881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Age: 24
Posts: 2,801
Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
It's an inherited skill, some are born with it and others aren't. I know guys that can't even type sober.
My friend took a computer class and he still couldn't type over 10 words a minute even if he was looking at the keyboard and yes he was sober
__________________
Proud Adoptee Of Our Future Starting Running Back Chris Taylor
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,337
Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Texans 6 round mock draft.

1 Reggie Bush HB
33 Eric Winston OT
65 Ray Edwards DE
66 Richard Marshall CB
98 Fred Matua OG
6th Marcus Vick QB/WR


this would make me very happy. but there are some reaches there, Matua in the fourth would be a steal as would vick in the 6th. (he is there for all those people who think we need a more mobile qb )
Not bad but here is a much better list with two potential sleepers at the end of the draft who could possibly develop and make the 53 man roster w/all of the top 5 improving the Texans at their positions.

#1 Reggie Bush, RB
#33 Richard Marshall, CB
#65 Andrew Whitworth, RT
#66 Charles Spencer, OG
#98 Gerris Wilkinson, LB
#170 Marques Colston, WR
#251 Jason Hatcher, DE
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Texans 6 round mock draft.

1 Reggie Bush HB
33 Eric Winston OT
65 Ray Edwards DE
66 Richard Marshall CB
98 Fred Matua OG
6th Marcus Vick QB/WR


this would make me very happy. but there are some reaches there, Matua in the fourth would be a steal as would vick in the 6th. (he is there for all those people who think we need a more mobile qb )
I agree with Coach C that Ray Edwards and Fred Matua are a bit of a reach where you have us taking them, and Marcus Vick is a pretty pointless pickup for us. We are trying to build our team with character guys and he does not at all represent that, plus his skillset doesn't really bring much to the table for our franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Not bad but here is a much better list with two potential sleepers at the end of the draft who could possibly develop and make the 53 man roster w/all of the top 5 improving the Texans at their positions.

#1 Reggie Bush, RB
#33 Richard Marshall, CB
#65 Andrew Whitworth, RT
#66 Charles Spencer, OG
#98 Gerris Wilkinson, LB
#170 Marques Colston, WR
#251 Jason Hatcher, DE
Not sure I like Richard Marshall quite that high, if he somehow fell to #65/66 then I'm fine with getting him, but not overly liking him at #33.
Whitworth would be an interesting pick, he's pretty solid and is strong but would probably need to lose a little weight and add some quickness for our scheme.
Charles Spencer probably won't fall that far, plus at 352 lbs. he's much larger than ideal for our system. He carries his weight a lot better than Jean-Gilles and is currently more athletic than him, but he still isn't a real good fit for our scheme. I'd prefer Chris Chester at #98.
Gerris Wilkinson likely won't last that long, but I have no problem with us getting him that late.
If Marques Colston somehow falls to the 6th round and we got him there then I would have to consider that one of the major steals of the draft.
I've heard a little about Jason Hatcher and don't have much of a strong opinion one way or the other, but with the #251 pick you can't expect much or complain much about it anyways.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2006   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,337
Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Not sure I like Richard Marshall quite that high, if he somehow fell to #65/66 then I'm fine with getting him, but not overly liking him at #33.
Hill, Williams, Cromartie & Youboty will all be long gone. the next three corners off the board will be Jennings, Marshall & Joseph. I'll bet the Texans take one of them, who ever is graded out the highest on their board. I choose Richard Marshall because of his toughness & run support. Jennings reminds me alot of former Hurricane Phillip Buchanon, while I like Joseph he lacks experience and lost a season due to a broken foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Whitworth would be an interesting pick, he's pretty solid and is strong but would probably need to lose a little weight and add some quickness for our scheme. .
Andrew is a player I liked before the season, he is tough, strong, smart & possess great leadership with a nasty streak. no doubt his conditioning will be improved once he gets into the Texans training facilities & NFL camp, but don't knock his frame and size for his position RT he is near ideal, that goes for any system in the NFL, not to mention he can play some LT if he has to due to injury.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Charles Spencer probably won't fall that far, plus at 352 lbs. he's much larger than ideal for our system. He carries his weight a lot better than Jean-Gilles and is currently more athletic than him, but he still isn't a real good fit for our scheme. I'd prefer Chris Chester at #98. .
there is an outside chance he is still there, most likey your right but he does have a 2nd/3rd rd. grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Gerris Wilkinson likely won't last that long, but I have no problem with us getting him that late..
the inside linebacking group is weak, its hard to say who will be there who best fits the Texans system. I choose Wilkerson because of his coverage skills, something the Texans lack. if they love this guy and one of the other prospects are gone in the 3rd they may take a hard look there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
If Marques Colston somehow falls to the 6th round and we got him there then I would have to consider that one of the major steals of the draft.
I've heard a little about Jason Hatcher and don't have much of a strong opinion one way or the other, but with the #251 pick you can't expect much or complain much about it anyways.
these are two sleepers for sure that lack big game time experience but have ideal measureables for their positions. Hatcher from Grambling ran something like a 4.82 40 @ 284 lbs and is almost 6070. which is as you well know pretty darn close to your man Mario Williams (6070 4.66 40 295lbs). If Colston is gone (maybe 4th rd.) and Hatcher is there @ 170 take a look at him.

then go with another Grambling prospect QB Bruce Eugene, this guy is thick and has a strong arm @ 6002 280 lbs. w/251
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Hill, Williams, Cromartie & Youboty will all be long gone. the next three corners off the board will be Jennings, Marshall & Joseph. I'll bet the Texans take one of them, who ever is graded out the highest on their board. I choose Richard Marshall because of his toughness & run support. Jennings reminds me alot of former Hurricane Phillip Buchanon, while I like Joseph he lacks experience and lost a season due to a broken foot.
I think Johnathan Joseph will go before Youboty. Hill, Williams, Cromartie, Joseph, and Youboty are all good picks at #33 IMO, still not as fond of Marshall and definitely don't like Jennings there. I agree with your comparison between Jennings and P-Buc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
these are two sleepers for sure that lack big game time experience but have ideal measureables for their positions. Hatcher from Grambling ran something like a 4.82 40 @ 284 lbs and is almost 6070. which is as you well know pretty darn close to your man Mario Williams (6070 4.66 40 295lbs). If Colston is gone (maybe 4th rd.) and Hatcher is there @ 170 take a look at him.

then go with another Grambling prospect QB Bruce Eugene, this guy is thick and has a strong arm @ 6002 280 lbs. w/251
I like Colston there, and some of the other bigger WRs that will probably end up going before the 6th round. Don't know much about Hatcher still, sounds like he has a decent combo of size and speed but trying to compare him to Mario doesn't convince me, if he was anywhere near as athletic, strong, and skilled then he wouldn't be available in the 7th round. Mario will be an instant stud, I wouldn't expect much of anything out of Hatcher if he does fall to the 7th round.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,337
Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Don't know much about Hatcher still, sounds like he has a decent combo of size and speed but trying to compare him to Mario doesn't convince me, if he was anywhere near as athletic, strong, and skilled then he wouldn't be available in the 7th round. Mario will be an instant stud, I wouldn't expect much of anything out of Hatcher if he does fall to the 7th round.
bottom line he will not be there in the 7th rd. he is actually projected as a 4th or 5th rounder. I don't see many players compare to Mario, I only mention it because I know you are a big fan of his. wish I could have seen him play this past season, who would have known? anyway this Hatcher kid is something of a physical freak himself, he also benched 225 lbs. 28 reps, a respectable 40 Time: 4.82, 35 1/2 Vertical, 9'5" broad jump. Actually watched him play at Relient against Texas Southern, what a specimen, not playing at a superlevel of competition but Casserly goes alot for those small school prospects if they have the measureables like this kid.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,783
Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I'd rather draft "a sharp stick to the eye" than Marcus Vick. I hope we continue to stay away from sociopaths, punks, gangsters and the low character guys in general.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger