Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Bush or Young?
Reggie Bush 93 70.45%
Vince Young 26 19.70%
Other - (trade down) 13 9.85%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2006   #1
Avenged Sevenfold Texan

Default Bush or Young Poll

Who do you want the Texans to draft.Bush or Young or Other. No explanation needed, just vote.
Old 04-09-2006   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

geez for all the talk the Young people make, in numbers they are a small minority, a loud one, but a small one.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #3
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I believe most have come to their senses. Even most Trade Down campers are drooling over Reggie
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'd still prefer Mario, but it's looking very unlikely that we'll take him. I'll be happy with whichever player we take at #1, and the signs seem to point to us taking Bush.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
I believe most have come to their senses. Even most Trade Down campers are drooling over Reggie

I think the Texans are leaning towards Reggie.... but I still want Vince.... has nothing to do with "coming to our senses"

just tired of fighting.
Old 04-09-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I think the Texans are leaning towards Reggie.... but I still want Vince.... has nothing to do with "coming to our senses"

just tired of fighting.

I echo that..its like speaking to a brick wall. I dont think anybody has switched sides since this whole debate began

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #7
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

The inside of the Reggie Bush fan head
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yes, the insane that wanted young all along won't be converted any time soon.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno....I think we all knew it was a small, but vocal minority who wanted
Young to be the Texans pick. I just hope ole man McNair understand whats going on here so he can let his people know not to use our second round pick on VY if he's still on the Board.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #10
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
yes, the insane that wanted young all along won't be converted any time soon.
Nor, will the soon to be disappointed ones that want Bush. Especially, when they finally accept the fact that he can't run up the middle, or get around the corners, with speed of the LB's, CB's, & Safties of the NFL. Only, this time he won't have Lendale White to cover for him.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lendale white will make a glorious paperweight in a few years.
Old 04-09-2006   #12
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Especially, when they finally accept the fact that he can't run up the middle, or get around the corners, with speed of the LB's, CB's, & Safties of the NFL.
And your boy Vince can ???
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

When they resigned Carr ... Vince and the die-hard VY supporters should have seen the writing on the wall .

I'm not a big Carr fan and if the FO said we're trading Carr and drafting VY I would'nt have shed a tear . The fact that the entire Texans brass has said Carr is their guy means its time to move on .

The scouts say Reggie is the best prospect in the last 15 years which is not a bad consulation prize for the Young and restless . Reggie might be the best WR in this draft and is easily the best offensive weapon . I can't wait to see the Texans play with Bush , Putzier , Moulds , Flannigan , and real coaches .
Old 04-09-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no, but he CAN operate a spread-option offense with elite talent around him playing inferior opponents every week, a year after struggling in a more traditional pro-style offense despite superior talent. that'll definitely come in handy in the NFL!
Old 04-09-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I would like Bush if we stayed at #1, but I would like to trade down if possible.
Old 04-09-2006   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh, how could you say that no one has converted from Vince to Bush? After the Rose Bowl, this poll would have been the exact opposite. I think saying that they have "come to their senses" is the best way to describe what has happened. Thunderkyss, MONARCH, hottoddie and swtbound07 consist of about 90% of the Anti-Bush sentiment on the Texans MB. I envy your patience and consistency, but there will be no Vince Young on the Texans. You should come to the realization that this argument has never been about who is better on the field. It is about who is better on the wallet. Bush is highly anticipated, more so than Young. But if the Texans take VY, it will be a waste of all that money we gave to Carr on the extension. Step back and smell the napalm, my friends.... this war was over before it began. Bush is in Houston for the '06-'07 season, period.

P.S. - If you truely like Vince Young, and think he is talented... you should want him to go to another team. With the changes Kubiak is making to the O-line, there will be no room for his style. He would suffer in Houston. Vote for him to go to the Raiders instead. If not... then you truely don't care much about VY... maybe you are just a UT pusher. Hmm, imagine that.
Old 04-09-2006   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default D. None of the above.

Where is the option that says:

I want the Texans to do whatever they believe is the right decision to do after looking at tape, working the players out and judging what draft options are out there.

I would love watching a Texans VY.

I would love watching a Texans RB.

I would love getting a mammoth trade down that gives us tons of value and sets the team up for winning for years to come.

With what I know, I think they will take Bush given the contracts for current players, off-season FA signings and the way they are marketing through the media that Bush is likely to be the guy--to choose other than Bush with all that going on would be something that would be difficult for the general public (as opposed to the hardcore) Texans fan base to swallow. Hardcore fans might be able to deal with the trade down stuff easier, but boy howdy the Texans would have to sell the heck out that after all this hype.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Honestly I wish we would have cut or not signed anymore de's and took Mario Williams and took a FS instead of a DE that we took in the FA.However that didnt happen... So im all for Reggie Bush or a trade with another team and taking D'Brick...I love young but I dont see us taking him.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Heh, how could you say that no one has converted from Vince to Bush? After the Rose Bowl, this poll would have been the exact opposite. I think saying that they have "come to their senses" is the best way to describe what has happened. Thunderkyss, MONARCH, hottoddie and swtbound07 consist of about 90% of the Anti-Bush sentiment on the Texans MB. I envy your patience and consistency, but there will be no Vince Young on the Texans. You should come to the realization that this argument has never been about who is better on the field. It is about who is better on the wallet. Bush is highly anticipated, more so than Young. But if the Texans take VY, it will be a waste of all that money we gave to Carr on the extension. Step back and smell the napalm, my friends.... this war was over before it began. Bush is in Houston for the '06-'07 season, period.

P.S. - If you truely like Vince Young, and think he is talented... you should want him to go to another team. With the changes Kubiak is making to the O-line, there will be no room for his style. He would suffer in Houston. Vote for him to go to the Raiders instead. If not... then you truely don't care much about VY... maybe you are just a UT pusher. Hmm, imagine that.
That is the kind of sentence you could come to me with if today was april 29th. Then if I am still talking about Vince, feel free to put me in my place. As of now, nobody is on the texans, and you proclaiming something to be a grand fact doesnt make it so. Its not like im in denial...i CANT BE. Why? Draft hasnt happened yet. I personally want somebody besides bush to be drafted now just to silence all these people who spoke in absolutes and made promises that didnt come true. Nobody here is psychic, so im going to need everyone to stop acting like it's signed, sealed and delivered. Before you start talking to me about circumstantial evidence, read my last post in the vince young workout thread.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have never said VY was my boy. I've stated that I believe the Texans would rather take Young, than Bush. I have admitted to being intrigued by Young's skills & the added dimension that he brings to the QB position. But, not once have I said that it's VY for me, or bust.

I have taken the position of trading down & picking up D'Brick from the beginning, & I still maintain that position.

I am completely opposed to Reggie Bush, because I don't believe that he can go up the middle & that much of his speed will be negated by the speed of the NFL.

I've been one of the front runners in the smear Reggie Bush campaign, just to play the devil's advocate & jack with all the people that think he walks on water. While over 90% of this board believes taking Bush is a foregone conclusion, I don't. And, apparently the Texans still have some doubts, or they wouldn't have brought Young in & would've most likely, already have started contract negotiations. But, they haven't. That has to make you go hmmmmm.

However, I do believe in the coaches & FO, & if they decide that Bush is the right choice, then I'll support him 110%. After all, I'm a Texans fan, not any one player's fan.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read