Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-09-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting note on Winston Justice

This guy seems like a no-brainer to me. If he somehow manages to last until the middle/late part of the 1st round, I would love to trade down to get him.

1) He's ridiculously strong (38 benches)
2) He's quick
3) He played in a zone blocking scheme with RB at USC!
Old 04-09-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a borderline top 10 pick. he could go as high as buffalo. i'd focus more on the guards, lutui or matua, in the later rounds.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #3
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
he's a borderline top 10 pick. he could go as high as buffalo. i'd focus more on the guards, lutui or matua, in the later rounds.
last i heard there were 2 teams very interested in moving up to get one of those guys...I wish i could remember where I read it...it was either off of kffl or espn.go.com...
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
This guy seems like a no-brainer to me. If he somehow manages to last until the middle/late part of the 1st round, I would love to trade down to get him.

1) He's ridiculously strong (38 benches)
2) He's quick
3) He played in a zone blocking scheme with RB at USC!
USC did not really run a zone blocking scheme, Minnesota is the main college team that runs one, and I agree with the next post that says he will probably be gone in the top 15 or so. I've heard the Ravens really like him if he falls to #13, or they could maybe even trade up for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
I don't think either of these guys fit our zone blocking scheme very well, especially Lutui.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Setterstrum from Minnesota.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I want Setterstrum from Minnesota.
Ditto. Him and the RT from the U; Butler I believe.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #7
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
USC did not really run a zone blocking scheme,
Then maybe you should inform the guys on Sports Radio 610.....Every week I hear them talk about how Reggie ran in a zone blocking scheme at USC. Supposedly USC brought Alex Gibbs in to install the blocking scheme and last time I checked he was pretty much considered the expert at the zone blocking scheme.....
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

The USC Pro Day pretty much garenteed that he won't be available at #33.
Old 04-09-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72
Then maybe you should inform the guys on Sports Radio 610.....Every week I hear them talk about how Reggie ran in a zone blocking scheme at USC. Supposedly USC brought Alex Gibbs in to install the blocking scheme and last time I checked he was pretty much considered the expert at the zone blocking scheme.....
I have also been reading the same thing. Let me see if I can find a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72
USC is ZB, though it may be a modified version, but still ZB.
Gibbs is still coaching OLines with ZB as he's now doing in the NFL with the Falcons.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

http://ocregister.com/ocregister/spo...cle_872713.php
Quote:
The Trojans run the same way the Denver Broncos run, because the linemen can stick and move and zone-block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I do say that is quite impressive if Luiti is moving like that. I remember him being good on pulls, but I still wouldn't take him for our system.

Chester
Butler
Eslinger
Settersom

Thats a good little group that will fit our system in the later rounds.
Old 04-10-2006   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Ditto. Him and the RT from the U; Butler I believe.
I would be ok with Setterstrom in the 6th round (5th if we had the pick still), but please don't bring Butler here. He's small, not particularly athletic, and a big pansy.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read