Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-08-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chron: Young-Bush rivalry gets under way

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3780415.html
Quote:
Houston's son will play to win, even vs. Texans

By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

The first time quarterback Vince Young lost something to Reggie Bush — the Heisman Trophy — he got revenge by leading the University of Texas to a Rose Bowl victory over Southern California in the national championship game.

On April 29, Young is destined to lose to Bush something else he covets — a chance to play for the Texans, his hometown team.

Imagine the hype when Young gets a chance for revenge against Bush and the Texans, especially if he's drafted third overall by the Tennessee Titans, who are bringing him to Nashville on Wednesday.

"I'll always love my hometown, and I'll always respect my hometown team, but if it doesn't work out here, when I come home, I'll be coming home to (win)," Young said Friday after he worked out for the Texans. "It's like I said when we were getting ready to play the Rose Bowl. I'd lost the Heisman, and I told my guys that we're going to play hard and give it everything we've got.

"So it'll be pretty much the same thing."

Although Young is hopeful the Texans will draft him, he knows Bush is expected to be the first overall pick. Like Bush, who visited the Texans on Thursday, Young knows that if he plays for the Titans and tangles with his hometown team twice a year, they could develop a Bird-vs-Magic kind of rivalry.

"I know Reggie, and he's a great guy," Young said. "He's got great skills.

"If he comes to Houston, I'm going to pull for him. But when I come home, it's going to be a (big) game. We've got a good rivalry going already because he's a competitor, and I'm a competitor."

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #2
Tha_Tinman
Veteran

Default How bout

How bout we have a pay per view Celebrity Death Match Vince Vs Bush ...and the Texans take the winner with the pick.

Vince has the reach but Bush is kinda quick ...I'm still rolling with Vince!
Tha_Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #3
MONARCH
Rookie

ATTA BOY.......

Believe me....OUR HORNS ARE UP! ...and they will indeed STAY UP .......ALL THE WAY TILL DRAFT DAY 2006!

You are coming home VINCE......and we cannot wait to SALUTE YOU!
MONARCH
MONARCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 86117 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONARCH
ATTA BOY.......

Believe me....OUR HORNS ARE UP! ...and they will indeed STAY UP .......ALL THE WAY TILL DRAFT DAY 2006!

You are coming home VINCE......and we cannot wait to SALUTE YOU!
MONARCH
So what are you going to do if we dont draft VY? Will go to the other teams message board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
So what are you going to do if we dont draft VY? Will go to the other teams message board?
An Excellent Question!
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Reggie could take him. Not only does he have the speed, but I think he has the strength advantage too
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #7
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
One can only hope...
Old 04-09-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

This rivalry was over a week (if not a couple months) before this article was even written.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
This rivalry was over a week (if not a couple months) before this article was even written.
Not really. The debate may be over, but not the rivalry, I hope that Tenn picks VY s we can have a kind of football rivalry like Magic and Bird, or Jordan and Barkley, even the newest LeBron and Carmelo. It like Bush wins Heisman, VY gets championship, Bush gets top pick, VY wins the first game between the 2, and it goes back and forth were both dominate and play up to another level against each other.
Old 04-09-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Not really. The debate may be over, but not the rivalry, I hope that Tenn picks VY s we can have a kind of football rivalry like Magic and Bird, or Jordan and Barkley, even the newest LeBron and Carmelo. It like Bush wins Heisman, VY gets championship, Bush gets top pick, VY wins the first game between the 2, and it goes back and forth were both dominate and play up to another level against each other.
Can't say I hope that VY wins the first game against us (or any for that matter) and Jordan/Barkley was never much of a rivalry either, not like LeBron/Carmelo and certainly not like Bird/Magic.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #11
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I hope the Texans take Young and throw the whole dang Draft into a frenzy, It would be so funny watching everyone scramble to try to get Bush. I bet New Orleans could get some mental/value compensation for all of those draft picks they lost when they traded up for Ricky Williams all those years ago. I hope some team is that desperate for Bush, if we were to trade down considerabley to 10-20 with an additional second this year and a first + 2nd or 3rd next year that would be awsome. Can anyone remember who traded the pick to New Orleans that year??
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #12
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Per KFFL.com

Quote:
Saints | Team not bringing in Leinart for a visit
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:29:43 -0700

Les East, of the Advocate, reports New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said the Saints will bring in 15-20 prospects for their first two draft picks for get-acquainted sessions, but that USC QB Matt Leinart would not be one of them.
Leinart will be a Titan, not Vince.
Old 04-09-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well at least he's not bitter anymore about losing the heisman.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
John McClain, Houston Chronicle

The Titans wasted their time interviewing Reggie Bush after USC's Pro Day unless Norm Chow just wanted to say hello and Floyd Reese and Jeff Fisher wanted to see the player they're going to have to defend two times a season.

The Texans are going to use the first pick on Bush, the highest-rated player in the draft. It says here they should take quarterback Vince Young. If Young ends up with the Titans, what a rivalry it's going to be.

Two times every year, Young will want to prove to his hometown team that they made a mistake passing him up. After Young's first couple of seasons in Nashville, fans will be asking, "Steve who?"
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....604080373/1027
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Per KFFL.com

Leinart will be a Titan, not Vince.
Is this new news that the Saints won't be drafting Leinart?
Old 04-09-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Is this new news that the Saints won't be drafting Leinart?
It's news that the Saints will be taking Williams or Ferguson.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #17
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
It's news that the Saints will be taking Williams or Ferguson.
I have to believe they will take Leinart over Young. For many reasons.

- He is the top rated QB in the draft & the most "NFL ready"
- Norm Chow
- Jeff Fisher's alma mater is ISC
- They won't pass Leinart to take Young only so Bud Adams can "have the last laugh" at us. I bet he doesn't even think about Houston anymore.

So, I still think Vince will go to Oakland or Buffalo. I say Buffalo only because of the rumors that they are shopping Losman(sp?).
Old 04-09-2006   #18
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
well at least he's not bitter anymore about losing the heisman.
Nope, Vince got the only trophy that really counts.
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
I bet he doesn't even think about Houston anymore.
That would be odd, given that he still lives and works here.

I'm also fairly certain that Bud Adams is keenly aware of the impact Vince Young would have on the Titans from a marketing perspective. Houston has a lot of consumers, and the Texans continue to make it easy for him to keep a foothold in our market.
Old 04-09-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Nope, Vince got the only trophy that really counts.
i never would've guessed he really cared about that one.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read