Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hollings - What was he still doing in the game?

Boxscore

Rookie
With the score 31-3, why did the Texans coaches keep Hollings in the game. Our number one running back is out with what is kind of a mysterious injury. Why would they leave our potential #1 back in for so long. He got his clock rung a few plays before they finally took him out. It was a short pass play with two defensive players converging. Don't remember if it was Banks or Ragone, but whichever, a pass that should have never been thrown into that kind of coverage

Not much else to go to as far as RB's. Agree it was an incorrect call, and it was Ragone.

If he's healthy enough to play, he needs to play. The Texans still don't know what they have with Hollings. He needs as much time on the field as anybody. If he gets hurt, better it be in the pre-season so you have time to fill the vacancy before the season starts.

He had to! The other guys that were available have been here for less than a week. You just don't throw them in there having no clue who to block.

Davis, Wells, Anderson....all hurt.

I don't know if I am in the minority, but Hollings sure seems unimpressive. If he's not fumbling, he is running straight ahead and leaning on D-linemen. He looks like as faster Wells.

Ediddy73 said:
I don't know if I am in the minority, but Hollings sure seems unimpressive. If he's not fumbling, he is running straight ahead and leaning on D-linemen. He looks like as faster Wells.
For the last time. THERE WERE NO HOLES FOR HIM TO RUN THROUGH!!!! They just showed a couple of running plays on ABC 13. No Holes...

Boxscore was so observent he can't even spell the man's name right. Am I supposed to take critism seriousely when he can't spell the man's name right after a year and a half. :hehe:

so you're saying that there's NEVER been any holes for him? against a 3rd string defense? C'mon!
4 Games total as a RB before getting hurt in college. Uconn, Vandy, Kentucky and one other Syracuse I think is his only RB experience. We're paying this guy a lot of money to LEARN how to do his job. More that DD. There are plenty of wavier wire backs better than Hollings for half the price.

Porky said:
Boxscore was so observent he can't even spell the man's name right. Am I supposed to take critism seriousely when he can't spell the man's name right after a year and a half.
lol: lol: lol:

Huge said:
If he's healthy enough to play, he needs to play. The Texans still don't know what they have with Hollings. He needs as much time on the field as anybody. If he gets hurt, better it be in the pre-season so you have time to fill the vacancy before the season starts.

Fill the vacancy with what??? If there were any good running backs floating around the Dophins would not be relying on Travis Minor going into the season. Look at what we signed this week: a furniture saleman and a guy from the dakotas.

Late in 3rd or early in the 4th Hollings is not providing anything. Bad move by Capers.

ArlingtonTexan said:
Fill the vacancy with what??? If there were good running back floating around the Dophins would no be relying on Travis Minor going into the season.

Late in 3rd or early in the 4th Hollings is not providing anything. Bad move my Capers.
I'm with AT on this one

ArlingtonTexan said:
Fill the vacancy with what??? If there were any good running backs floating around the Dophins would not be relying on Travis Minor going into the season. Look at what we signed this week: a furniture saleman and a guy from the dakotas.

Late in 3rd or early in the 4th Hollings is not providing anything. Bad move my Capers.

Free agent, make a trade, doesn't matter. I'm not talking about finding somebody that can start...they already have that.

And again, you don't know what you have with Hollings yet. What's the point of saving him for the season if he's not good enough to be the back-up in the first place. And there's only one way you're going to find that out.

Huge said:
Free agent, make a trade, doesn't matter. I'm not talking about finding somebody that can start...they already have that. . .
The Texans arent going to give Davis 20+ carries a game. They have already stated that. They said that Hollings will get 10-15 carries a game and Davis will get around 15 carries a game so that means the Texans have already seen something in Hollings to state that he would carry half the load so there was no reason to play him....

Hmm, the way you describe it it sounds like you're saying DD and Hollings will split carries. The way I understood it was Davis will get more along the lines of 20 carries to Hollings 10. Davis is clearly the starter in my eyes, whereas Hollings is more of the "spell Davis for a play and get back on the bench until trash time" back this season.

Boxscore was so observent he can't even spell the man's name right. Am I supposed to take critism seriousely when he can't spell the man's name right after a year and a half.

Porky, I have always respected your comments. For the record, I corrected a one-character mistake. What makes you the Holy Roller of etiquette! All I am posting is a concern for the well being of our team and you are being like a little old lady teacher correcting grammar.

By the way Porky the correct spelling of what you mispelled is Criticism

Fiddy said:
The Texans arent going to give Davis 20+ carries a game. They have already stated that. They said that Hollings will get 10-15 carries a game and Davis will get around 15 carries a game so that means the Texans have already seen something in Hollings to state that he would carry half the load so there was no reason to play him....

If they do that (basically split the carries between Davis and Hollings), then the coaching staff needs to be replaced. But I think there's going to be a difference between what they say and what they do.

The Texans need two starting-quality RB's for several reasons.

1. Running backs get injured frequently in the NFL.
2. Davis hasn't proved he can play a full season at any level without getting injured.
3. You want to split carries to some extent to keep the starter fresh. If there is a significant drop off when the second stringer is in the game, the defense won't need to defend against the run and can tee off on the QB.
4. A team coached by Dom Capers is going to emphasize the run and have more running plays than the NFL average.

Chronic reported today that Hollings has a bruised rib, negatives on the x-rays. :mag:

We'll see what happens this coming week when they start their game planning and the starters begin to see more time.

Hollings was the only back on the team that knew the plays. The Texans have had a tough time with injuries to RBs just as they had earlier in camp with TEs. It's always something.

I dogged Tony last week when people were praising him, so I'll give him some love this week. Hollings didn't fumble and he did a good job of picking up the blitz in Steeltown. Those are my biggest concerns about Tony. If he can keep getting the job done in those 2 areas, Hollings will be a productive player on this team.

There's nothing more precious than someone calling out someone else's spelling while making multiple spelling errors of their own. Unless it was supposed to be humor or something...

Anyway, from everything I've read and heard the goal is 30 running plays per game (35 passing) with a 2/3 split to DD (20/10 - DD/Hollings).

The backside blocks weren't there on Saturday night. Wade was getting beat to the inside by the Steelers LDE who was shading him to the inside. Since Wade couldn't beat the guy inside it closed the center-left guard gap (where at least two of Hollings runs were designed to go) too early. If you look at the tape, if Wade is able to head off the LDE, Hollings breaks a couple for 20. It's those kind of little things that most people never see.

Huge said:
If they do that (basically split the carries between Davis and Hollings), then the coaching staff needs to be replaced...
Why do they need to be replaced??? All they are doing is getting their backs equal touches and are in return keeping them fresh and Davis wont wear down as fast. Plus Hollings is the big play back with his speed, by giving him 10-15 touches a game you are giving your team a threat that can break off a 60 yard TD...

You mean on that one touch where he goes for 60 while the other 14 he goes for minus 2?

DD is the better back right now. Better vision, better cutback ability, better in all aspects except for straight away speed. He needs to get the majority of the carries.

aj. said:
You mean on that one touch where he goes for 60 while the other 14 he goes for minus 2?

DD is the better back right now. Better vision, better cutback ability, better in all aspects except for straight away speed. He needs to get the majority of the carries.
the line just has to give him some blocks and Hollings will be fine.

I wont agure that DD is the better back right now because I cant, but the key word is 'right now' and you have to let Hollings get his touches so you can see how he develops and if one day he can be a better back then Davis...

Touches -smutches. This isn't the NBA. The Texans aren't playing games to get players their touches. Especially backups. What's next, "practice?"

Hollings will see plenty of action but he's not going to 50-50 split carries with DD this year as long as DD is healthy. I see a 2/3 - 1/3 split if everyone is healthy.

I haven't been impressed with Tony so far. Week one was fumbling problems and week two the O-line couldn't open a hole but yet when they did he didn't hit them hard to break through to the secondary. I've always questioned his ablity and so far he hasn't shown me anything special.

Now I am going to have to duck after I say this, but I wouldn't be suprised if Wells emerges to second string. The only thing I really see that holds him back from all that is just his past reputation. But really what good was it to let go of Mack? Hollings hasn't really moved the ball and keeps fumbling. He is just a smaller Mack (Mackito). Here's hopin Davis stays healthy.

aj. said:
Touches -smutches. This isn't the NBA. The Texans aren't playing games to get players their touches. Especially backups. What's next, "practice?"
the Texans are still trying to figure out EXCATLY what they have with Hollings so you do need to give him touches in real game situations...
MIGHTYTEX said:
. . .week two the O-line couldn't open a hole but yet when they did he didn't hit them hard to break through to the secondary. . .
Name one play that the oline opened up a hole. And if there was, tell me what the backside blocking did because there were a couple of holes but by the time Hollings got the ball there was already someone in the backfield who came from the backside...
MIGHTYTEX said:
I've always questioned his ablity and so far he hasn't shown me anything special
El Tejano said:
Hollings hasn't really moved the ball and keeps fumbling
How soon we forget the Dallas game. Even with the fumbles, Hollings proved that he could run and move the ball effectivley and remember that the defense he was running through was the 1st ranked defense from a year ago...

Interesting that you mention that ET, I was wondering the same thing. If Hollings doesn't show some real improvement by the season and Wells keeps going well, then Tony could be looking at 3rd back type of reps. I am certainly NOT a Wells fan, but who gets the job done is who you need to use.

the Texans are still trying to figure out EXCATLY what they have with Hollings so you do need to give him touches in real game situations
And they will. About 1/3 of them if DD stays healthy. That's enough to reduce wear and tear on DD and figure out exactly what they have with Hollings.

swisher said:
Fiddy, are you related to Tony Hollings?

Just kidding.
We have guys sticking up for Wells, someone has to stick up for Hollings...

aj. said:
And they will. About 1/3 of them if DD stays healthy. That's enough to reduce wear and tear on DD and figure out exactly what they have with Hollings.
Okay, I get it...

from Fiddy ...so that means the Texans have already seen something in Hollings to state that he would carry half the load so there was no reason to play him....

I disagree. There was a major reason to continue to play him. Who do they put in there? Split time between two guys who just showed up for practice last week? Its very dangerous to do that. I think that they were keeping Hollings in there two fold: 1) further evaluation of Hollings to see if he can endure a 20 carry game - which he did and 2) quite simply there was no other alternative. It was an act of necessity. I believe that the conservative play was engineered to keep Hollings from injury. Not to take it out on the field and just dominate guys.

There is no doubt that the Texans see something in Hollings. We all do. For those of you who are Hollings bashers I really do feel for you. This guy is special and we are lucky to have him on our team.

More so then that I think that Cower wanted to lay it thick this game since we embarrassed him in 02 with only 47 yards in offense. Its ok though - our guys will not go into the season with malaise and puffed ego's. Cower wanted to show that 02 was just a fluke and that by giving us a good drubbing in the pre-season he has somehow undone all of that which has hurt his own sense of respectability. An expansion team beat him. That is a seasoned coaches worst nightmare.

I personally do not like Cower. I think that he is a spineless back stabbing ego-maniac. More so then that, most former players feel the same.

Lastly, is really sucks that Anderson got hurt. I really liked that guy.

DominatorDavis said:
There is no doubt that the Texans see something in Hollings. We all do. For those of you who are Hollings bashers I really do feel for you. This guy is special and we are lucky to have him on our team..
Let me tell you what I see in Hollings. I see an extremely average back with poor anticipation and field vision who is going to make about $111,000 more than DD this year, and even more next year to try to LEARN how to be a RB!! Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Hollings is barely a college RB in terms of experience. WE don't all see something in Hollings, other than he is really good at running 2 yards and leaning on a defender, or he can't hold onto the ball. If he was a 4th rounder, okay, but he's not. He will forever be linked to the 33rd overall pick in the 2004 draft, and he has not as of yet show me one damn thing that says he's a first day pick, let alone #33 overall. Stop your self now, I know at the time the Radiers were coming off a Super Bowl year, and no one saw 4-12 coming, but I'll go one further. Hollings has shown nothing to prove that he is worth the 64th over all pick. Sorry Fiddy, I know he's kinfolk and all, but he is under-whelming for the money. He should have gone to NFL Europe this year, but he is recovering from knee surgery, strike 2 IMO.

For all intensive purposes this is Hollings rookie year. Last year he had no speed, which is definitely his biggest attribute. He was 9 months removed from his surgery in preseason last year. Think about that.

E. James and Jamal Lewis looked bad the season they each came back from surgery. Willis MacGahee got injured 2 months after Hollings and is just to contribute for the Bills. Show some patience man. This instance everything, remote control, cell phone, Xbox/PS2 generation seems to have about as much patience as a cat sprayed with water.

Ediddy73 said:
He should have gone to NFL Europe this year, but he is recovering from knee surgery, strike 2 IMO.
I think Tony was better off in the Texan weight room and the coaching sessions.

Look the draft pick is spent. No reason to dwell on that unless this current organization fails to turn the Texans into contenders. If the Texans miss on a 2nd round pick, they'll join the list of other teams that have missed on 2nd round picks. Which includes the other 31 teams in the NFL. The draft is a black art, not a science. That's how the Texans can hit on a 4th round pick like Davis. A solid organization's hits & misses will balance out in the end.

I'm not convinced that Hollings won't be a good NFL player. I see a lot of Charlie Garner in his game. But maybe I can't see that the emperor isn't wearing a cup. The overwhelming majority of NFL players have to learn the NFL game before becoming productive. I just don't think the verdict is in on Hollings.

Its much easier, ( assuming you have the innate ability), to be a RB becasue it is mostly all in the instincts and vision to see the field. So it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to have all the experience in the world to be a RB. The fumbling in the Dallas game worried me more than how much more he is making than DD. He did better at least in that respect in the P-ugh game, and it truly wasn't all his fault that the O-line weren't doing their jobs. In so far as DD is concerned, believe me, he will more than make up for the difference in salary when his contract comes up again. So whats to worry? :rolleyes:

I was down on Hollings after the game last weekend because he was terrible in that particular game. He was and there's no way around that. Not every NFL RB gets to run behind a good offensive line, and they have to make some of their own opportunities when they're not getting much help up front.

BUT--after watching the tape, I definitely agree with aj that Todd Wade got repeatedly crushed by the Pittsburgh d-line. On the other end, Wand was missing assignments and not doing a lot to give the QBs time. Hollings definitely did not get much daylight on the line. I don't think any of our backs would've fared too much better. So I'm trying to be "fair and balanced" on my criticism of Hollings' performance...

Fiddy said:
How soon we forget the Dallas game. Even with the fumbles, Hollings proved that he could run and move the ball effectivley and remember that the defense he was running through was the 1st ranked defense from a year ago...

Wow, averaging 3.8 yards per carry, fumbling 3 times and haveing a long run of 14 yards sure was stickin it to 'em. Hollings had an OK game, but I really wouldnt say he was that empressive, I would say most of his success came to the great blocking that the o-line was giving him, they wore out that dallas front 4.

And why would you mention having an average game in the 1st pre seaseon game. Its not like he was amazing. If anything I think he was the 2nd worst out of all the best. Dunta, basically shut down Keyshawn Johnson, Carr completed 6 of 7 passes, the whole defensive front 7 was a monster, the o-line played great, the only person Hollings beat out in that game was Babin , though Babin had a sack and a forced fumble.

Oh, and why is everyone so hung up on Hollings speed? Is that the only thing he can do, run fast? Hes shown no cutback skills, vision, no tackle breaking ablility, and mediocer hands. All that I know he can do is run fast, if thats all you need, why dont we sign Maurice Green after the Olympics and put him in the backfield, Im sure hes much faster than Hollings. :wacko:

BuffSoldier said:
Wow, averaging 3.8 yards per carry, fumbling 3 times and haveing a long run of 14 yards sure was stickin it to 'em.
Look deeper into the stats Buff:

1-10-HOU23 (11:26) T.Hollings right end to HST 22 for -1 yards (D.Nguyen, T.Newman).
2-11-HOU22 (10:47) T.Hollings left guard pushed ob at HST 36 for 14 yards (R.Williams).
1-10-DAL37 (9:37) T.Hollings left guard to DAL 32 for 5 yards (G.Ellis, D.Coakley).
2-9-DAL24 (7:46) T.Hollings left guard to DAL 23 for 1 yard (J.Brooks).
1-10-HOU25 (4:08) T.Hollings up the middle to HST 27 for 2 yards (M.Wiley).
2-8-HOU27 (3:31) T.Hollings right tackle to HST 31 for 4 yards (L.Glover).
2-9-HOU42 (1:16) D.Carr pass to T.Hollings to DAL 23 for 35 yards (P.Hunter). FUMBLES (P.Hunter), recovered by HST-M.Bruener at DAL 27. M.Bruener to DAL 27 for no gain (D.Coakley).
1-10-DAL18 (:00) T.Hollings left end to DAL 12 for 6 yards (P.Hunter).
1-10-DAL17 (12:35) T.Hollings left end ran ob at DAL 6 for 11 yards (T.Dixon).
1-6-DAL6 (12:06) T.Hollings left end to DAL 6 for no gain (L.Glover).
2-6-DAL4 (11:21) T.Banks FUMBLES (Aborted) at DAL 6, recovered by HST-T.Hollings at DAL 4. T.Hollings to DAL 4 for no gain (L.Glover).
1-10-HOU11 (6:22) T.Hollings left guard to HST 15 for 4 yards (B.James; K.O'Neil).
1-10-HOU26 (5:15) T.Hollings right end to HST 31 for 5 yards (K.Davis).
2-5-HOU31 (4:39) T.Hollings left end to HST 34 for 3 yards (S.Smith).
-----
3-3-DAL4 (3:39) T.Hollings up the middle to DAL 4 for no gain. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by DAL-D.Lee at DAL 4.
1-10-HOU34 (2:51) T.Hollings left end to HST 37 for 3 yards (Ja.Brooks).
2-7-HOU37 (2:08) T.Hollings right guard to HST 37 for no gain (R.Wingrove).

The dash is to seperate a 2 quarter rest

Not even I said that Hollings was a goaline back. If you take away his goaline carries and the 3 carries after an hour and a half on the sideline his 54 yards on 11 carries has a 4.9 ypc average. And please dont say "DD would have gotten it in from the 5 yards out" because I will have to remind you about the game against the Pats when we had the ball at the one and Davis couldnt punch it in from 1 yard out. And then you are going to say that the Pats had the best Defensive line in the league last year, the Cowboys arent a pushover on their Defensive line. And most importantly they are two different backs. And if you count the 3 carries after his one and a half hour on the sideline, the yards per carry goes to 4.1. And if you exclude the one from the 5 yard line again, the average is 4.4 ypc...

The coaches have to know that Hollings isnt going to be a back that can punch it in from within the 10 yard line when the defense can stack the line, he is a speed back that works well in space. 5 yard per carry average in the when he wasnt trying to run between the tackles to punch it in and didnt have to sit on the bench for 90 minutes??? Thats pretty good against a good Cowboy defense...

And dont forget the 30 yard screen play, he fumbled but the play was nice...

Everyone can say what they want about Hollings, but the fact is the players have confidence in DD and not Hollings. Hollings has yet to earn their respect. He has to show what he can do in a real game and until that time, he will simply be 2nd string. The line changes are not because of Hollings abilities to run the ball. They are designed to take advantage of DD's skills.

Ibar_Harry said:
Everyone can say what they want about Hollings, but the fact is the players have confidence in DD and not Hollings. Hollings has yet to earn their respect. He has to show what he can do in a real game and until that time, he will simply be 2nd string. The line changes are not because of Hollings abilities to run the ball. They are designed to take advantage of DD's skills.
Have you been in the locker room, because how do you know the players dont have confidence in Hollings???

The line changes werent made particuarly for DD, they made the line changes because the best rushing teams in the league use zone blocking and he takes cares of defensive line stunts for the passing game. It just happened that DD best attributes are used for running in a zone blocking scheme...

DominatorDavis said:
from Fiddy ...so that means the Texans have already seen something in Hollings to state that he would carry half the load so there was no reason to play him....

I disagree. There was a major reason to continue to play him. Who do they put in there? Split time between two guys who just showed up for practice last week? Its very dangerous to do that. I think that they were keeping Hollings in there two fold: 1) further evaluation of Hollings to see if he can endure a 20 carry game - which he did and 2) quite simply there was no other alternative. It was an act of necessity. I believe that the conservative play was engineered to keep Hollings from injury. Not to take it out on the field and just dominate guys.

There is no doubt that the Texans see something in Hollings. We all do. For those of you who are Hollings bashers I really do feel for you. This guy is special and we are lucky to have him on our team.

More so then that I think that Cower wanted to lay it thick this game since we embarrassed him in 02 with only 47 yards in offense. Its ok though - our guys will not go into the season with malaise and puffed ego's. Cower wanted to show that 02 was just a fluke and that by giving us a good drubbing in the pre-season he has somehow undone all of that which has hurt his own sense of respectability. An expansion team beat him. That is a seasoned coaches worst nightmare.

I personally do not like Cower. I think that he is a spineless back stabbing ego-maniac. More so then that, most former players feel the same.

Lastly, is really sucks that Anderson got hurt. I really liked that guy.

You think Cowher ran up the score in a meaningless preseason game to get revenge on the Steelers regular season loss in 2002? You may hate Cowher and thats just fine. I see no reason to believe though Cowher would do that.It wouldn't serve no vindication.Your opinion might be what some fans think though. In regular season games,if the Steelers are up big they don't rub it in by trying to pile on points. You feel that former Steeler players think he's a jerk? :crazy: I would love to know where you got that opinion from.

You and I both know that Cowher has a "beat the preseason texans" bonus clause in his contract, mulpwr. You're not fooling anyone!!!

moving on to my Hollings v. Davis impressions thus far...

Hollings has that darned speed about him. I think that he'd be a heck of a denver back, in that if the hole is there where it's supposed to be he can fly through it. The thing that bothers me is that I'm not seeing that "get the extra inch" mentality so far. I think that Hollings is the kind of guy who could be lethal behind a dominant oline, but will live and die with the holes the line can create.

Davis creates. If the designed lane isn't there, he can first see and then bounce to another spot. He also has that mindset that if the choice is between 6 more inches and a big hit by the linebacker, or just rolling on the turf--he's getting those 6 inches every time. That attitude sometimes turns 6 inches into 6 yards. He may not ever be a big strike kind of runner, but when a play breaks down he's the guy you want in there. In fact, Davis's first standout play (in my eyes) came when he bounced off a 'sure' tackle in the backfield and turned it into a 15 yard gain.

good points clan, I would take it one step further and say Tony Hollings is a tremendous talent that two years ago a coaching staff decided we've got to get him the ball somehow, hey I got an idea lets make him our RB. Makes you wonder how guys like Portis & Dominack Davis fall in the draft because of size or speed even though they've been RB's their whole football careers. There must be more to it than footspeed, cut-back ability & assorted combine testing.

on another note the Texans would have considered Kevin Jones two years ago in the draft, if he where eligible, possibly even over Andre Johnson, this year he slipped to Detroit with the 30th pick. Steven Jackson has the earmarkings of a great NFL back he was drafted by the Rams #24 pick. Maybe next year we can trade our 2nd, 3rd & 4th round picks to move up and select Texas Cedric Benson or Carnell Williams of Auburn.

no I'm not giving up, this is only a worst case scenero which would not be all that bad considering the Texans finish 8-8. Of course alot depends on how the Offensive lineman work together and injuys adversly affect the team such as Seth Payne & Gary Walker, but thats for another thread.

I have not been very impressed with him, even last week, when he had holes. Perhaps it's a personal preference, but I'd rather have a back that has great field vision, hits the holes with authority, breaks tackles, has a low center of gravity, and is shifty and deceptive. Add in toughness and durability, and you've got a HOF-er, and Emmitt-type back. I may be in the minority, though, because a lot of folks seem to want that burner that can hit the outside and take it to the house. That's all well and good, but I prefer the former. They almost never are the same, unfortunately.

I don't see Hollings as having too many of those qualities, and I really don't see the vaunted speed. Honestly, I don't think he's really that much faster than Wells. I have no clue what their 40-yd. times were, so I am probably off-base, but it seems that Wells has as much game speed as Hollings, at least from what I've seen in practice and in the Dallas game. Hollings still has a lot to prove, IMO.

mulpwr said:
You think Cowher ran up the score in a meaningless preseason game to get revenge on the Steelers regular season loss in 2002? You may hate Cowher and thats just fine. I see no reason to believe though Cowher would do that.It wouldn't serve no vindication.Your opinion might be what some fans think though. In regular season games,if the Steelers are up big they don't rub it in by trying to pile on points. You feel that former Steeler players think he's a jerk? I would love to know where you got that opinion from.

Your coach is a jerk. Everyone knows it. Ask any writer on the NFL what they think of Cowher - outside of the ones on Pittsburgs staff. Maybe even them too. He has a bad habit of crossing people the wrong way. Let me just say that. You may have an affinity toward the man but what I am telling you is gospel.

You are on the Texans board Steeler-fan. I'm sure that Pittsburg has a message board somewhere where you can say all the good things about the Steelers that you want. But here you will from time to time be challenged.

Pittsburgh came out ready and laid the wood to us - it will concede that. That was a drubbing. Hands down.

Lastly, I do hope that Cowher, you, and your city are now content and able to sleep again after such a convincing victory.

DominatorDavis said:
Your coach is a jerk. Everyone knows it. Ask any writer on the NFL what they think of Cowher - outside of the ones on Pittsburgs staff. Maybe even them too. He has a bad habit of crossing people the wrong way. Let me just say that. You may have an affinity toward the man but what I am telling you is gospel.

You are on the Texans board Steeler-fan. I'm sure that Pittsburg has a message board somewhere where you can say all the good things about the Steelers that you want. But here you will from time to time be challenged.

Pittsburgh came out ready and laid the wood to us - it will concede that. That was a drubbing. Hands down.

Lastly, I do hope that Cowher, you, and your city are now content and able to sleep again after such a convincing victory.

First do you have any proof? All the interviews and past players who played for Cowher that i know have done nothing but speak good things about him. I don't live anywhere close to Pittsburgh so i am not biased to their sports writers. How has he crossed people? All you have done is make an opinion with nothing to back it up. Your words are far from the truth. I don't think Cowher is a great coach and certainly don't happen to be a coddler. You act like you have some inside info though.
Second i love when i go to an opponents board and someone like you has to reaffirm the stance of "its our board don't you have a board to go to"! Listen dude i was on the old board back in 2002. I don't care if you rip the Steelers or not. One thing i have is an extremely thick skin so its going to take a lot more then your little winefest to get me to never come back.If i can take the heavy traffic of the Eagles and Browns board,this place will be a piece of cake.
If you've noticed i made no mention of the preseason game in this thread. It doesn't matter as its just a player evaluation scrimmage. The game back in 2002 has no bearing upon the 2004 season. Its obvious that win means a lot more to you now then the loss did to the Steeler fans.

from mulpwr: First do you have any proof? All the interviews and past players who played for Cowher that i know have done nothing but speak good things about him.

Yeah, I'm just making this stuff up. Your right. I'm wrong. :crazy:

I'll stick to my original point - I think that Hollings will be a very good player for us.

Back