Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-07-2006   #1
KSig44
Veteran

Default Since Bush is a high probability of going #1...

I tend to agree somewhat with the VY supporters in the fact that Carr needs to have some competition in camp. To me Sage R. and Dave Ragone just isn't enough. We pretty much have rounds 1-4 filled with players we want/need to fill a team. I would like to see though, the Texans take a chance on one of the following in round 6.

Barrick Nealy
Reggie McNeal
Drew Olson
Omar Jacobs (If he slides this far, I don't think he will though)

The first two are VY esque, very athletic with good arms and mobility. The nice thing is I feel they are worth more than a 6th for the talent they offer, they only drop due to a somewhat QB deep NFL. And since no matter what QB we would take in this draft (VY or these guys) they will probably sit a couple years anyways to learn the system and get comfortable. Plus, if they do bust it's was only a 6th rounder. Less risk for greater reward. And good QB's can be found this late, Tom Brady is proof of that. Thoughts (and please don't turn this into a RB vs. VY thread).
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Rather stick with BPA myself. If it happens to be a QB, so be it. As long as it isn't Marcus Vick.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #3
KSig44
Veteran

Notice I didn't put Vick on the list. He will probably kill a team mate in the first year.
Old 04-07-2006   #4
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Barricks the man, him and Young are clones except Barrick was under center more, dont know if he scored a 6 though.

Look at the Texas State vs. Texas A&M Game at the bottom of the page.
http://www.bobcatfans.com/multimedia.php
This is with D-1AA talent surrounding him.

Last edited by CoastalTexan; 04-07-2006 at 12:40 PM.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I really like Omar Jacobs........ I don't know why.

Reggie McNeal.......... lot of A&M fans around here. I've watched a couple of his games, he also may be a steal in the sixth.

that is if we don't take Vince in the first.
Old 04-07-2006   #6
KSig44
Veteran

Nealy really intrigues me. A&M defense wasn't very good this year but he gave them fits leading a 1AA team at Kyle. He might be first one on that list for me.
Old 04-07-2006   #7
KSig44
Veteran

I am very pro Bush (in more than one way ), I can just see the point for more competition. Useing #1 for that just isn't worth it. These players to me are a drop off from VY, but given a couple years learning might not be. I can see huge value in these players.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
I am very pro Bush (in more than one way ), I can just see the point for more competition. Useing #1 for that just isn't worth it. These players to me are a drop off from VY, but given a couple years learning might not be. I can see huge value in these players.

If the Texans are able to trade down, grab young around 5, and still have another 1st round pick.......... I'd say they worked the Draft perfectly. If they manage to be able to drop further than that, get Vince, a second first, and another first day pick, I'd worship Charlie Casserly as a god.
Old 04-07-2006   #9
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is not about Vince, it's about other possibilities at a much cheaper price.
Old 04-07-2006   #10
KSig44
Veteran

This is what I was afraid of. Coastal Texan is right. This is a thread based on the highest probable situation happening and what can be found later. In this thread, Bush went #1. No trade down.
Old 04-07-2006   #11
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I think Barrick Nealy will be a steal in the later rounds -- i'd love for the Texans to take a chance on him.

I also absolutely agree that Carr needs some pressure from a 2nd potential starting QB. Many QB's games have been raised to a new level by getting yanked a few times.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #12
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Many QB's games have been raised to a new level by getting yanked a few times.
Yeah, I mean look at Kordell Stewart.....Wait, no scratch that....

Seriously, you are right. Everyone here, myself included, turned their nose up at Rosenfels, but if Kubiak really liked him, I have to believe he knows more about QB's than I do.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #13
KSig44
Veteran

I trust Kubes with Sage, I just think they need a 4th. They will push Carr to be a better starter and having 4 will push the other 3 so they have a job which in turn pushes Carr.
Old 04-07-2006   #14
CoastalTexan
Veteran

How long is Ragone signed for? If this is his last year and they dont think hes getting any better then they might find his replacement.
Old 04-07-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I trust Kubes with Sage, I just think they need a 4th. They will push Carr to be a better starter and having 4 will push the other 3 so they have a job which in turn pushes Carr.
Gaffney was our emergency QB last year.
Old 04-07-2006   #16
KSig44
Veteran

I was stressing more for training camp.
Old 04-07-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was stressing more for training camp.
Oh. I imagine they'll have some TC fodder at QB.
Old 04-07-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I think Ragone would be able to offer up more competition than any rookie QB drafted outside the first round of this draft.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #19
KSig44
Veteran

Probably right, just trying to
Old 04-07-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Oh. I imagine they'll have some TC fodder at QB.
his name is sage.....

sorry, couldnt resist the easy cheap shot.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read