Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-07-2006   #1
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Message from RB to VY supporters

You want the truth?!?

You can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Quote:
Bush said he isn't concerned about backlash from Texans fans who want the team to draft former Texas quarterback Vince Young. Young, scheduled to work out for the Texans on Friday, grew up in Houston and led the Longhorns to a 41-38 victory and a national championship against Bush and the Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

"I would hope it wouldn't turn out that way," Bush said. "I would hope that the city would welcome me with open arms. I know the fans want him to come here. But it's not the fans' choice. It's the choice of the program and the coaches."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2399901

You may not like the bluntness of thoses last two sentences, but as they say - the truth hurts.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #2
real

I love it...
Old 04-07-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

He's right............ but never should have said it.

"I'm looking forward to changing their minds" something like that.

I'm not a Reggie hater, but that was very class-less, and unprofessional.
Old 04-07-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
that was very class-less, and unprofessional.
In the Draft Bush camp, it really wasn't. I liked it. There is nothing unprofessional about this guy. At least he wore a suit to the "interview."
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
In the Draft Bush camp, it really wasn't. I liked it. There is nothing unprofessional about this guy. At least he wore a suit to the "interview."

ouch:brickwall
Old 04-07-2006   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it was classless or unproffesional, just stating the obvious. The fans have the right to voice their opinions by not showing up and spending their hard earned money, which I'm sure many VY supporters will do. I have the feeling though, they'll be coming back in groves when one Mr.Bush is tearing the league up.
Old 04-07-2006   #7
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
I have the feeling though, they'll be coming back in groves when one Mr.Bush is tearing the league up.
Fairweather fans ? In Houston ? Nooooooo.....
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
I don't think it was classless or unproffesional, just stating the obvious. The fans have the right to voice their opinions by not showing up and spending their hard earned money, which I'm sure many VY supporters will do. I have the feeling though, they'll be coming back in groves when one Mr.Bush is tearing the league up.
It is obvious...... hence doesn't needed to be stated...... Kinda don't start none, won't be none..

Why pick a fight with an entity that doesn't really exist?? Why give the reporters something to work with??

Why give Houstonians a reason to not like him??
Old 04-07-2006   #9
KSig44
Veteran

Houstonians won't hate him for that remark, just the pro VY crowd.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"But it's not the fans' choice. It's the choice of the program and the coaches."
I dunno.....but this kid is even smarter than I thought he was in the first place. In one simple, but direct statement Reggie makes a clarification for all to hear and understand, which is he knows who makes the decisions about the team personnel for the Texans, even if all the whiney VY-UT Longhorns
are confused and in denial about who is in charge.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Wait, I thought that the Texans chose the draft pick through the winner of the Sportsradio 610 online poll.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #12
eltoro
Rookie

tulexan, I was thinking the same thing. However, it even sounds as if 610 has come to the realization the Texans are going to make the pick based on talent rather than emotion.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #13
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Wait, I thought that the Texans chose the draft pick through the winner of the Sportsradio 610 online poll.
No, no, no. Its the online petitions that really count.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
There was nothing unprofessional or classless in Bush's remark. Asked about a backlash from Vince Young supporters (and if there is a backlash - that would be classless), Bush gave a direct and honest answer. The first pick in the NFL draft belongs to the Houston Texans. Not the Vince Young fan club.
Old 04-07-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro
tulexan, I was thinking the same thing. However, it even sounds as if 610 has come to the realization the Texans are going to make the pick based on talent rather than emotion.
ok..... el toro....... I'm marking you down as a "Vince Young has no talent, and won't amount to anything at all in the NFL" crowd........

wait a minute, yep you're already there.

at least you're consistant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
There was nothing unprofessional or classless in Bush's remark. Asked about a backlash from Vince Young supporters (and if there is a backlash - that would be classless), Bush gave a direct and honest answer. The first pick in the NFL draft belongs to the Houston Texans. Not the Vince Young fan club.

There are a million things he could have said, that would've been better, and more appropriate. If he want's to be a smart-***, and you jokers still defend it, then what can I say??

As long as there is no emotions involved.
Old 04-07-2006   #16
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
No, no, no. Its the online petitions that really count
Yeah, we saw how well the Carlos Beltran one worked...
Old 04-07-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

I've never heard anyone accuse Reggie of being classless or unprofessional. Let me remind you that after the Rose Bowl Reggie went into the Texas locker room and congratulated them on their great victory. He didn't say that they were still the best team and that the game proved nothing (Matt Leinart), he didn't go around screaming "Who's the Heisman now?" (Vince Young).

He is as professional as they come and was just making a true statement regarding the decision making process with the Texans.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #18
eltoro
Rookie

thunder,

I like to poke at UT homers on this topic, but I do think VY has talent. However, I am not sure how it is going to translate at the NFL level (I don't proclaim to be an "Internet scout"), but most importantly I don't think he is the right fit at this time for the Texans. If Carr had a bad year with all of the changes made and VY stayed at UT for his senior year...that may have been a different story.
eltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok..... el toro....... I'm marking you down as a "Vince Young has no talent, and won't amount to anything at all in the NFL" crowd........

wait a minute, yep you're already there.

at least you're consistant.
Just because he thinks Bush is more of a talent than Young means he thinks Vince has no talent and will fail in the NFL? I mean why should we draft Vince Young with the #1 pick when he is not even the #1 QB in this draft?
Old 04-07-2006   #20
el toro
All Pro

The city will have forgotten VY by Game 2 of the season.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read