Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-07-2006   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Can't-miss Bush makes choice easy (John Lopez)

Quote:
IF you've been sniffling into your No. 10 Longhorns jersey since this Bush campaign gained steam and threw you into a blue state, stop it.

The decision has been made. To paraphrase NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue's April 29 comments, with the first pick of the 2006 draft the Houston Texans select Reggie Bush, running back, the University of Southern California.
Dry those tears. It's not about the Texans or anyone doubting Vince Young and never has been. It's about not finding so much as a hint of doubt in anything about Bush. It's about the NFL's greatest football minds studying and analyzing Bush in every way and not finding a flaw in his game or personality. Not so much as a wrinkle in his shirt. Not so much as a hair out of place or a conversation that does not include at least one, "yes sir."

john.lopez@chron.com
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #2
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Great article!

Can't wait to see this morph into a "trade Carr" thread.

:brickwall
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

He probably got inspiration for this article (and I didn't read the whole thing yet since I have class at 10) from dealing with Richard Justice on a daily basis for the last few weeks.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

nice article. what else is left to say?

this guy is the Michael Jordan of football: he's got the talent, the poise, the charisma, and just an all-around focus on the game that is far beyond his years. he's the type ofplayer that can potentially re-define the NFL and transcend Randy Moss/Michael Vick/Etc.....you know, all the guys who are hyped but have not truly become the innovators they were hyped to be.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

It's a no brainer! It would be like if the Cavs had opted not to draft LeBron!
Old 04-07-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Lopez is the only writer who liked Bush before the Rose Bowl and never jumped ship to the Vince camp.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'me sorry, but what does having a tattoo or not have to do with character?
Old 04-07-2006   #8
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Is this "can't-miss Bush" in any way related to the other can't misses like Curtis Enis, Archie Griffin and Lawrence Phillips?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #9
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Lopez is the only writer who liked Bush before the Rose Bowl and never jumped ship to the Vince camp.
Yeah because he won't let an emotional and irrelevant detail like VY being from Houston cloud his opinion on who the BPA is. It's Reggie Bush. PERIOD.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
I'me sorry, but what does having a tattoo or not have to do with character?

Nothing, but it is about marketability. Big corporations want the most clean cut person possible.

Reggie is like the Peyton Manning of RBs in terms of clean cutness
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #11
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
Yeah because he won't let an emotional and irrelevant detail like VY being from Houston cloud his opinion on who the BPA is. It's Reggie Bush. PERIOD.
Amen.
Old 04-07-2006   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Nothing, but it is about marketability. Big corporations want the most clean cut person possible.

Reggie is like the Peyton Manning of RBs in terms of clean cutness
You're really stretching it here. I don't care how clean-cut a guy is -- the only thing that matters is if the guy is going to win games. And right now, the team needs a much stronger OL and defense for that to happen. RB was productive for them last year and they have a good QB. If they don't trade the pick and get what they really need, the Texans will have another series of bad years -- and that won't do much for Bush's "marketability."
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #13
MasterC25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey_rebelde
You people act like he is the "second coming". Let me throw a wrench in all this! Give me Jay Cutler and send Carr packing. I can't stand Carr.

If you can't stand Carr then get out, don't support the Texans please. Did Carr steal your girl or something. Anyways I think we need less Carr Haters and more supporters anyways. So please feel free to cheer any other team.
MasterC25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Why don't we pull a Mike Ditka and trade all of our remaining picks and next years No. 1 pick and draft Bush AND VY? Just thought I'd try a funny one.
Old 04-07-2006   #15
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
Why don't we pull a Mike Ditka and trade all of our remaining picks and next years No. 1 pick and draft Bush AND VY? Just thought I'd try a funny one.
I figured out who you are.....Rich Lord ?

Kidding.
Old 04-07-2006   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
I figured out who you are.....Rich Lord ?

Kidding.
Be interesting to see if CC reads these boards and actually does something dumb like that!!!
Old 04-07-2006   #17
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey_rebelde
You people act like he is the "second coming". Let me throw a wrench in all this! Give me Jay Cutler and send Carr packing. I can't stand Carr.

I didn't realise Matt Millen lurked on our boards.:brickwall
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think it's pretty obvious that we are getting Bush when we are making threads about what is number is going to be already...
Old 04-07-2006   #19
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
It would be like if the Cavs had opted not to draft LeBron!
i'm sure i'm not the only one in the vy-camp that sees the irony in that statement.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #20
KSig44
Veteran

But the problem is LeBron was the top player. You think VY is the top player, while the rest of America thinks Bush is the top player. No irony really, just bias.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read