Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-06-2006   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mid to late round picks

Name some prospects that you believe the Texans should look at in the mid to late rounds. Who do you think are this year's sleeper picks?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Name some prospects that you believe the Texans should look at in the mid to late rounds. Who do you think are this year's sleeper picks?

Chris Chester
Ray Edwards
Daniel Bullocks
Daniel Manning
Fred Mauta
Rodikus Wright (JC)
Charles Gordon
Kai Parnham
Old 04-06-2006   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Rashard Butler from Miami.

Undersized <300 quick athletic. Good zone blocker prospect at Tackle IMO.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

As for YoungTexanFan's picks....a lot of those guys are projected to go on the first day, even early...

Chris Chester(maybe 2nd)
Ray Edwards(late 3rd)
Daniel Bullocks(could go as high as late round 1)
Daniel Manning(round 2 or 3)
Fred Mauta(late 3rd-4th)
Kai Parham(Good results, questionable speed, could be a steal on day 2)

And I like Rashad Butler as well...it is said that he may have more upside than Winston
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
As for YoungTexanFan's picks....a lot of those guys are projected to go on the first day, even early...

Chris Chester(maybe 2nd)
Ray Edwards(late 3rd)
Daniel Bullocks(could go as high as late round 1)
Daniel Manning(round 2 or 3)
Fred Mauta(late 3rd-4th)
Kai Parham(Good results, questionable speed, could be a steal on day 2)

And I like Rashad Butler as well...it is said that he may have more upside than Winston
My List/ Your Projections/ MY PROJECTIONS

Chris Chester(maybe 2nd) Early third at best
Ray Edwards(late 3rd) Second day steal. At least at #97
Daniel Bullocks(could go as high as late round 1) Will not go first round. Mid second to mid third.
Daniel Manning(round 2 or 3) 4th at the EARLIEST. More likely the 5th.
Fred Mauta(late 3rd-4th) Accurate, most likely second day.
Kai Parham(Good results, questionable speed, could be a steal on day 2) Good instincts will get him drafted. 5th round after workouts.

Butler is a fine pick late on the second day. Not worth the first day and is a project.
Old 04-06-2006   #6
Dunta_23
All Pro

On the www.nfldraftcountdown.com Mock Draft they are listed as such, I am not arguing with you Im just trying to let you know that some of them have now slipped from below the radar...ALL are good players

41. Daniel Bullocks, Cards
47. Chris Chester, Falcons
64. Danieal Manning, Steelers

Neither of the others are on the first day if I remember correctly...I think Edwards is a good pick at 97 if there isnt a solid CB or LB left on the board...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
DB - Richard Marshall - Fresno state
Richard Marshall would be an excellent pick with one of those 3rd's especially if they take a tackle in the 2nd. then go MLB with the other, I perosnally like Anthony Schlegel, Ohio State & Gerris Wilkinson, Georgia Tech.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2006   #8
bdiddy
Veteran

Greg Eslinger
Old 04-07-2006   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Richard Marshall would be an excellent pick with one of those 3rd's especially if they take a tackle in the 2nd. then go MLB with the other, I perosnally like Anthony Schlegel, Ohio State & Gerris Wilkinson, Georgia Tech.
Just discovered this blog from ScoutsNotebook check it out- http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/module...yschlegel.html

sounds like he would get along with Babin great, could add to team chemistry.

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/module...wilkinson.html

more of a coverage MLB.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

For a late round safety I would love either Greg Threat or Donnie McCleskey.
Old 04-07-2006   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
For a late round safety I would love either Greg Threat or Donnie McCleskey.
I like Greg Threat, but I'm thinking the only way I'd take him is with a 6th.

Since we're talking safeties I have to put a word in for a Baylor Bear. Willie Andrews would be a great pickup in Day 2. He might go as high as the 4th, but more likely will be around in the 5th and maybe early in the 6th. He'd likely be a SS, but it's not out of the question for him to play FS since he does have very good speed (Ran 4.38). I don't think the Texans would take him though as it seems Earl is a pretty good SS.

Charles Gordon would be a very nice addtion too. He's got great instincts, and very good speed. He could also be used to return punts if needed, and he's a pretty good tackler.

Some guys I like who might be available on Day 2:

Spencer Havner
Clint Ingram
Leon Williams
Jeff King
Brian Calhoun
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #12
Huge1
Rookie

I'm kinda partial to LB's since being moved from SS to MIKE my freshman year in college.....so my sleeper in the 4th round is Jamar Williams. Played right down the street from me at Arizona State. Played his high school ball at Langham Creek outside of H-town. This kid is a pit bull with major attitude on the field. Hits extremely hard. Great special teams player as well. A good character type. Went to a couple of Sun Devil games this year and it seemed like the kid was in on almost every tackle.

I was at the ASU pro day and had the kid clocked at 4.55. His official was 4.58.

Last edited by Huge1; 04-07-2006 at 05:57 AM.
Huge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #13
humbleone
Veteran

For #66 and #67... Chester C/G, LB's Howard and Sims, Maxey CB if we don't take one at #33 (Youboty, Marshall, Cromartie)

4th = S Watkins or OG Whimper
5th = Moulds...yeah!!!
6th = Walter...like this move too!
7th = Sutterstrom OG, Slay S, McNeil/Vick QB project
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read