Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2006   #1
MasterC25
Rookie

Default Top AFC REceving tandems(NFL.com)

Which of these AFC receiver tandems will produce the most yards in 2006?

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Randy Moss and Jerry Porter

Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds

or if there is other tandems not mention then feel free to add I think it will be the colts tandem because of constitency playing with each other, but I still am keeping my eyes on our own of Johnson and Moulds.
MasterC25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #2
BeReal
Rookie

It would be a close race between Harrison/Wayne and Johnson/Houshmandzadeh (Depending on if Carson Palmer is at full strength) IMO.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC25
Which of these AFC receiver tandems will produce the most yards in 2006?

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Randy Moss and Jerry Porter

Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds

or if there is other tandems not mention then feel free to add I think it will be the colts tandem because of constitency playing with each other, but I still am keeping my eyes on our own of Johnson and Moulds.

I'd like to think that Andre and Eric will be, but the best and safest bet is on Marvin and Reggie considering they have the one of the most elite QB in the NFL right now.

I think you should add Javon Walker and Donald Driver on there, and maybe Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El/Brandon Lloyd.
Old 04-06-2006   #4
BeReal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I'd like to think that Andre and Eric will be, but the best and safest bet is on Marvin and Reggie considering they have the one of the most elite QB in the NFL right now.

I think you should add Javon Walker and Donald Driver on there, and maybe Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El/Brandon Lloyd.
He said Top AFC Tandem
Old 04-06-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeReal
He said Top AFC Tandem
lol
Old 04-06-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ouch Houston is in last place with 8% of the votes....
Old 04-06-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Ouch Houston is in last place with 8% of the votes....
I think it's more the Carr factor than the talent of Moulds and Johnson that's doubting football fans.
Old 04-06-2006   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's more the Carr factor than the talent of Moulds and Johnson that's doubting football fans.
NO........its more of the Manning, Harrison, Wayne factor.

Hater.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
NO........its more of the Manning, Harrison, Wayne factor.

Hater.

I like David Carr a lot. I already said in my first post in this thread that I think it is Manning, Harrison, and Wayne. What I was saying is a lot of people, football fans in general, might not think that he can get the job done. I don't have anything against David Carr and our offense. I'm not saying even if Carr was Peyton Manning that we'd be first, just that we would get a higher percentage of votes than 8 percent.
Old 04-06-2006   #10
BeReal
Rookie

Yeah, I think it's more of a Manning/Harrison/Wayne thing. Those guys have been playing together for years with a proven game plan.

Carr/Johnson/Moulds all haven't played with each other at the same time. Not to mention a new coaching staff and it will take a few games to get their timing and chemistry right.
Old 04-06-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea this is on NFL .com.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The answer is Bush and Putzier, lol.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the case of the Texans duo, I suspect that it is more to do with the perception of the entire team and our historical inability to keep DC in the upright position so they doubt that the reciever core will be able to produce.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I would pick Harrison/Wayne and Johnson/Houshmandzadeh over AJ/Moulds. I would put our duo ahead of Moss and Porter though. Moss is past his prime and I don't think Porter is as good as AJ or Moulds. The mere fact that we're mentioned as one of the top 4 recieving tandems in the AFC is pretty awesome though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The answer is Bush and Putzier, lol.
If we take reciever duo + rb (duo optional) + te
we would be right up at the top

Bengals: Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, Reggie Kelly

Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dominick Rhodes, Dallas Clark

Raiders: Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamont Jordan, Courtney Anderson

Texans: Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, Reggie Bush, Dominick Davis, Jeb Putzier
Old 04-06-2006   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like David Carr a lot. I already said in my first post in this thread that I think it is Manning, Harrison, and Wayne. What I was saying is a lot of people, football fans in general, might not think that he can get the job done. I don't have anything against David Carr and our offense. I'm not saying even if Carr was Peyton Manning that we'd be first, just that we would get a higher percentage of votes than 8 percent.
Sorry, kidding. I was hoping the smiley conveyed that. Guess it didnt.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Sorry, kidding. I was hoping the smiley conveyed that. Guess it didnt.
lol I'm sorry I didn't pick that up. I've been missing a lot today.
Old 04-06-2006   #18
Texansbacker
Veteran

Another duo worth watching is Steve Smith and Keyshaun Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
Another duo worth watching is Steve Smith and Keyshaun Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin.
This topic is AFC, lol, I made the same mistake.

But I can't wait to see what happens with Smith and Johnson because Smith will not be targeted 15 times a game by Delhomme anymore and Delhomme will be able to spread the ball out more.

I think one of the more underrated WR duos in the AFC is Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton. Old, consitant veteran and young up and coming rookie. If Bowler can pick up his game, watch out for Mason and Clayton.
Old 04-06-2006   #20
stpaul_football
Rookie

Quote:
If we take reciever duo + rb (duo optional) + te
we would be right up at the top

Bengals: Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, Reggie Kelly

Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dominick Rhodes, Dallas Clark

Raiders: Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamont Jordan, Courtney Anderson

Texans: Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, Reggie Bush, Dominick Davis, Jeb Putzier
If you sum all that up, you're pretty much just saying that Carr is gonna be the AFC leader in passing... unless some #3 WR or #2 TE has some kinda breakout season. 5 people? Carr can't throw it to anyone else but himself!
stpaul_football is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read