Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-06-2006   #1
Mario Williams
Rookie

Default Give me proof that Bush will be our pick

Because there seems to be a few that still believe he won't be. Give me reasons/ evidence/ proof/ articles/ quotes that say he is the #1 pick.
Old 04-06-2006   #2
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Because of his pro day workout

Because he gives the Houston Texans another playmaker on offense

Because Kubiak is an offensive coach that maybe likes to draft offensive players in the first round
Old 04-06-2006   #3
kingh99

It seems like they built the offense around him. Big physical receivers who will block downfield. role player at other skill positions.

Apparently Reggie Bush is quite charismatic as well. People are attracte to him. The Texans could do a lot worse.
Old 04-06-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Especially with it obivous that the Saints will stay put & draft Ferguson, and the reports from KFFL.com that the Jets are NOT going to trade up, all signs point to Reggie. I just dont want to get too excited until it happens.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

There's your proof.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I think they are dead set on taking Bush because ESPN and the rest of the media told me so. They know everything, I still do not believe the Texas Longhorns won the National Championship Game. ESPN said there was no way, quote "USC is the most powerfull team in the history of college football, there is no way the Longhorns will win" End Quote.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
LikeABoss
All Pro

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave350
I think they are dead set on taking Bush because ESPN and the rest of the media told me so. They know everything, I still do not believe the Texas Longhorns won the National Championship Game. ESPN said there was no way, quote "USC is the most powerfull team in the history of college football, there is no way the Longhorns will win" End Quote.
*sighs*

The Vince Young worshippers are LOSING

*cries*
Old 04-06-2006   #8
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Sure we are? I would say its the Texans loosing if they pass on Vince. Its o.k. when Bush gets his toothpick legs broke in training camp we'll see who is laughing and crying.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
KSig44
Veteran

You better look at you boy VY when you start talking about toothpick legs.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #10
LikeABoss
All Pro

Red face

Quote:
Sure we are? I would say its the Texans loosing if they pass on Vince. Its o.k. when Bush gets his toothpick legs broke in training camp we'll see who is laughing and crying.
@ Vince Young having to sit 4 years just to learn how to make a pre-snap read under center
Old 04-06-2006   #11
CarrIsFine
Rookie

Quote:
I know you are not living in reality, but you can take your pick of why the Texans will draft Bush:

Bush is one of the top prospects in the last 10 years, the Texans signed Carr to an extension, the guy can cut like Barry Sanders, he runs a 4.3-4.4 40 and he did 24 reps at 225. Want more?
CarrIsFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
*sighs*

The Vince Young worshippers are LOSING

*cries*
Texas - 41
USC - 38

Yeah, we're all torn up.
Old 04-06-2006   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Here's a try.

1. David Carr QB bonus
2. Sage Rosenfels backup QB with nice sized salary.
3. Bush is a solid choice. Hard worker. Top quality college career and pro day. People who are being ugly about him are reaching. You can think that VY is a great player without discounting the excellent college career of Bush and trying to picture what sorts of trouble he could cause against NFL teams.
4. McNair wants to surround Carr with tools to succeed.
5. McNair wants to win ASAP.
6. The only way that Bob McNair could love David Carr any more would be to adopt him. You cannot listen to him speak on the subject without hearing that in everything he says. I am not saying this in a critical way, it just is what it is. A QB who knows that the owner has his back in a talk-radio-love-the-backup-QB age is something. Back in the day, QBs had more of that sort of support.

And one more thing.

Why the heck do I even try to participate in these threads??? The exaggerations by certain folks of various factions are just plain ole silly.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #14
LikeABoss
All Pro

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Texas - 41
USC - 38

Yeah, we're all torn up.
Vince Young's stock is fallinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg
Old 04-06-2006   #15
KSig44
Veteran

Huge, at least you will have that to remember him by while he sits the bench in Oakland.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #16
big homey
Veteran

-Bush is the consensus top-rated player, and we happen to have the top pick.
-The FO went all out to fill our needs in FA, so we won't need to trade down.
-We didn't resign Jonathan Wells, so we're thin at the RB position.
-Carr got his bonus, so the organization apparently has some faith in him.
-McNair wants to start winning, as opposed to rebuilding the team around VY.
-http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=reggie+bush
Old 04-06-2006   #17
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

1. Jonathan Wells is still an unsigned FA.
2. We've signed FAs to fill our biggest needs, decreasing the criticality of selecting a D'Brick or Mario or Hawk or Vernon
3. The new staff has nothing but good things to say about David Carr.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Vince Young's stock is fallinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
Huge, at least you will have that to remember him by while he sits the bench in Oakland.
As a Cowboys fan (check the avatar), I'm hoping he falls a lot further than Oakland.

Longhorn eyebrows were raised when Chris Simms was drafted much lower than many thought. That seems to working out pretty well.
Old 04-06-2006   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
You better look at you boy VY when you start talking about toothpick legs.
Took the words right out of my mouth!! Why worry about it. You will have your proof in a little over 3 weeks!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Texas - 41
USC - 38

Yeah, we're all torn up.
Just proof positive all you college frat rats can't get into the NFL game. Do yourselves a favor and stick to watching football on Saturdays. Sundays are a little out of your . . . ahem . . 'league'.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read