Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-06-2006   #1
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb Saints have D'Brickshaw Ferguson written all over their #2 pick (proof inside)

Quote:
Saints trade left tackle Wayne Gandy to the Atlanta Falcons

Filling one of their biggest remaining offseason needs, the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday afternoon reached an agreement to acquire New Orleans left offensive tackle Wayne Gandy in a trade that sends three-year veteran safety Bryan Scott and an undisclosed 2007 draft choice to the Saints

It remains to be seen how the Saints, who have now lost three offensive line starters in the offseason, will replace him. One option might be to move Jammal Brown, the team's first-round choice in 2005 and an immediate starter at right tackle as a rookie, to the left side. Another might be to use the second overall pick in the draft to select a tackle. The Saints lost Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley to Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent and recently released guard Kendyl Jacox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2399461
Now all the Saints are drafting Mario Williams at #2 rumors can end now

And moving Jammal Brown over to right tackle is not and would not be a smart move by Sean Payton IMO.
Old 04-06-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Falcons could be good. D'Brick is going to compliment Brees well. Best of luck to him.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

There's no way they don't take D'Brick now
Old 04-06-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

So, will it be Leinart or Young for the Titans ?
Old 04-06-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
It's got to be Leinart. I don't see Young going until at least the Raiders.
Old 04-06-2006   #6
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
It's gonna be Leinart no way Norm Chow lets his slip past #3

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

I agree. It has to be Leinart. I believe they would take Cutler before Young as well. This way they can hype former USC teammates vs. one another twice a year, Bush vs. Leinart.
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's amazing how any thread turns has Vince Young involved. Vince Young ordered a pizza today and got it yesterday, but Reggie ate it two days ago. Reggie Hayward that is.

The Saints need playmakers. Young could be that guy, but without a line, he'll be Couched. D'Brick all the way.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Red face

Darn, I spook too soon about this.

I just read on Saintsreport that Sean Payton was on NFL Network today and he said that he was moving Jammal Brown to LT.

Mods can you change the title of this thread for me?

It's very misleading now.
Old 04-06-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Darn, I spook too soon about this.

I just read on Saintsreport that Sean Payton was on NFL Network today and he said that he was moving Jammal Brown to LT.

Mods can you change the title of this thread for me?

It's very misleading now.
I still say if the Saints stay at #2 it's Mario Williams all the way (they have said they like Mario a lot) but I definitely think they will look to trade down and grab A.J. Hawk (they have also said they really like Hawk and are more satisfied with their OLine and DLine than their LBs).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think they will take Brick.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I still say if the Saints stay at #2 it's Mario Williams all the way (they have said they like Mario a lot) but I definitely think they will look to trade down and grab A.J. Hawk (they have also said they really like Hawk and are more satisfied with their OLine and DLine than their LBs).
DE is not a need for them, they have Will Smith and Charles Grant. LB though...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #13
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
It's got to be Leinart. I don't see Young going until at least the Raiders.

no way raiders are taking hawk

1. reggie
2.D brick
3. lieniert
4. jat cutler
5. mario williams
6. vernon davis
7. aj hawk
Tha rizzock is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read