Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2006   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Free Safety

I may have missed something, but who's going to play free safety for us this year? If we have no one, any ideas about free agents?
Old 04-06-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

C.C. Brown..Unless we draft another.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
C.C. Brown..Unless we draft another.
Ko Simpson
Old 04-06-2006   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Hopefully Ko Simpson or Donte Whitner.
Old 04-06-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont like the idea of a rookie starting at that spot , a lot of responsibility comes with the job .... making sure all the DB's are in the proper position , calling the coverages , pretty much the quarterback of the secondary . FS is a position I would have rather seen filled via FA ..... But they did spend quite a bit of money in FA already and filled a few viods .... so I wont complain much ..... If there was ever a good time to start a rookie at a position like FS this would be the season to do so .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6
THEFUTURE
All Pro

CC Brown and Glenn Earl played well at the safety positions last year, and are probably going into the season as the starting safeties. they are theirs to lose
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
*** sorry to the above, computer is stupid***
lol triple post
Old 04-06-2006   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

CC Brown has the job for now I would think.

I understand some hesitation about a rookie in the position, but at least if we draft a FS it will be their natural position, unlike Brown who is a SS by nature.

What I wouldn't want to see is us draft a CB/S combo type and see a combination of roookie mistakes and not knowing the position well mistakes pile up.

For me I say lets draft a genuine FS day one.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah right now cc brown has that job...there is a chance that we take jason allen or ko simpson in the second round but that's only if eric winston doesn't fall to us at the 33rd pick

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read