Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-06-2006   #1
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78
Default What Number Should Reggie Wear?

I seem to remember this question getting brought up somewhere on the forum but it never really got officially adressed.

So. what should it be? Personally i am leaning toward something in the twenties b/c numbers in the 40's just seem like the belong to bigger backs or FBs. So that leaves the 20's and 30's. I heard the idea of taking #34 from morency to keep the tradition of great 34's going and that doesn't sound too bad. Then again we could go smaller and say 22 or 25. 22 for Emmit (my pick) or 25 b/c he wore 5 in college. There is also 35 and that would be acceptable as well.

The decision is yours.....well at least untill he actually decides....and even if we draft him....either way i want your opinions, so bring them on.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #2
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big78
I seem to remember this question getting brought up somewhere on the forum but it never really got officially adressed.

So. what should it be? Personally i am leaning toward something in the twenties b/c numbers in the 40's just seem like the belong to bigger backs or FBs. So that leaves the 20's and 30's. I heard the idea of taking #34 from morency to keep the tradition of great 34's going and that doesn't sound too bad. Then again we could go smaller and say 22 or 25. 22 for Emmit (my pick) or 25 b/c he wore 5 in college. There is also 35 and that would be acceptable as well.

The decision is yours.....well at least untill he actually decides....and even if we draft him....either way i want your opinions, so bring them on.
Old 04-06-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

31. Only because it's my favorite number.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #4
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
31. Only because it's my favorite number.
And no one else is doing anything with that number right now....
Old 04-06-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I'd like him to pick a number that isn't very popular. That way it can be the next big number. Like when Jordan decided on 23.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

34! All great Texans wear 34. Think about it..
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

25 or 28. I think both will look good on him.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2006   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be #25. That's why they had to cut Hollings.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
He'll be #25. That's why they had to cut Hollings.
I think Bush would've bought 25 anyways. I think that'll be his number. The 30s numbers seem like they are for bigger backs, but that's just me.
Old 04-06-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

25 not 34

34 is too big a number for Reggie Bush.
Old 04-06-2006   #11
THEFUTURE
All Pro

21.... just like Tomlinson
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #12
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I figure since WRs can take non 80s numbers, then running backs can too, and with the contract he's gonna get I don't think he'll have any qualms about coughing up the extra dough for #5. He's had it since highschool and wrecked in it ever since, why stop now? Besides, scat backs look better in small numbers...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

21 would be cool like Tomlinson like THEFUTURE said. They are good friends but does anyone on our team have that number?
Old 04-06-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
I figure since WRs can take non 80s numbers, then running backs can too, and with the contract he's gonna get I don't think he'll have any qualms about coughing up the extra dough for #5. He's had it since highschool and wrecked in it ever since, why stop now? Besides, scat backs look better in small numbers...
Extra dough for #5? Huh???
Old 04-06-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I figure since WRs can take non 80s numbers, then running backs can too, and with the contract he's gonna get I don't think he'll have any qualms about coughing up the extra dough for #5. He's had it since highschool and wrecked in it ever since, why stop now?
A WR can take 10-19 and 80-89 numbers. That is because there are many retired numbers.

Quote:
Besides, scat backs look better in small numbers...
I agree with you there. If he could wear 5 I would like to see him wear that.
Old 04-06-2006   #16
mike230765
Rookie

I hope it's 21 cuz thats my favorite number. I would have to get rid of my carr jersey to buy one of reggies if he wears 21.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #17
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

i still like 22 b/c of Emmitt Smith. Also, no one ever wears 22 anymore.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I figure since WRs can take non 80s numbers
Wr's can only wear numbers in the teens if it is outside of the 80's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Wr's can only wear numbers in the teens if it is outside of the 80's
Hey Vinny, aren't all numbers in teens outside of the 80's?
Old 04-06-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Hey Vinny, aren't all numbers in teens outside of the 80's?
If you are a WR you can wear a number in the 80's or a teen number. Pretty simple stuff.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read