Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2006   #1
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Question Where is Moulds on the Texan Website? update: its officially official

I thought we signed him officially on tuesday- and not a word about it so far on the main website.-WHAT GIVES????? We get a solid WR with experience and not even a blurb on the latest news. Sage Roseynobody's information and picture was on there the first day!!!! Not to say Sage is unwanted- I'll welcome him along with everyone else, but come on- a proven 10 year starter and no props on the website- thats Just wrong.

If your out there Moulds- WELCOME TO HOUSTON. WE ARE GOING TO ENJOY WATCHING YOU PLAY. AND SINCE I SIT IN SECTION 119 IN THE FRONT ROW- I'LL HAVE A BEER READY FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET YOUR FIRST TOUCHDOWN HERE!!!!!!
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are one of the slowest and most conservative teams in the league when it comes to this kind of thing. They won't ever be accused of jumping the gun.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #3
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Vinny:

I well aware that the Texans are not one to "jump the gun", but, I'm under the belief that we signed Moulds on Tuesday afternoon- (Unless something has come up and it is not really official)- so a simple announcement (just like everyone else we signed this offseason) would be nice.

Are you making excuses???
Old 04-06-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

no, I'm saying they are slow. This isn't a new thing, so try not to worry.

Old 04-06-2006   #5
Trextexan
Rookie

Default Moulds signing

Maybe they figure moulds wont have as big an impact as jake schiafino
Trextexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

& what about a press conference to end the "What number will he wear" debate...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Personally- I think this is (slightly) insulting. Whathisname WR and whohisface QB get instant recognition and Moulds has nothing so far. This could be minor- but given the size of the other Moulds thread- I hope he knows that the fans are here for him.
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be waiting for the league to sign off on the trade. Pretty much a formality, but I don't think they can say anything until that happens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
mike230765
Rookie

I think they are waiting till they find out what number he is going to wear.

Thank you Eric Moulds(E-MO) for signing with the TEXANS. Good Luck
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

As long as he runs out of the tunnel on opening day, I don't care if it takes until training camp .....
Old 04-06-2006   #11
Holden135
Veteran

Do they have to wait for a physical before the trade could be done with the Bills? If that were the case we wouldn't be able to report it yet.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #12
mike230765
Rookie

I thought he already had his physical
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #13
black00ls1
Rookie

I agree about the Texans being slow. I am tired of reading the same articles from Chron.com, ESPN, Foxsports, SI, and yahoo sports. The Bills haven't announced anything either on there website so I don't know if the deal is really "offically" done.
black00ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #14
el toro
All Pro

I think they're waiting on holding a press conference to announce it.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #15
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Smile

In a respone to an E-mail I sent the Texans from the website they said:

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans. We never post anything on HoustonTexans.com until it is official. We donít respond to unconfirmed reports or comment on rumors. We never announce a signing until the contract is actually signed. We are still awaiting league approval on the Moulds trade.

Because of all of those steps, we are never wrong. Other news outlets that cover rumors and quote unnamed sources sometimes do not get their information correct. You can be guaranteed that all information on HoustonTexans.com is correct, while some news you may be reading might not be entirely.

We hope this information helps and that you will continue to visit HoustonTexans.com for the latest news on our team and events.

Have a great day and GO TEXANS!

So I'm happy with this response. and I just want to say that was not meaning to belittle any of our other FA signing. I look forward to seeing ALL OF THEM in TEXANS uniforms this season.
Old 04-06-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew
In a respone to an E-mail I sent the Texans from the website they said:

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans. We never post anything on HoustonTexans.com until it is official. We donít respond to unconfirmed reports or comment on rumors. We never announce a signing until the contract is actually signed. We are still awaiting league approval on the Moulds trade.

Because of all of those steps, we are never wrong. Other news outlets that cover rumors and quote unnamed sources sometimes do not get their information correct. You can be guaranteed that all information on HoustonTexans.com is correct, while some news you may be reading might not be entirely.

We hope this information helps and that you will continue to visit HoustonTexans.com for the latest news on our team and events.

Have a great day and GO TEXANS!

So I'm happy with this response. and I just want to say that was not meaning to belittle any of our other FA signing. I look forward to seeing ALL OF THEM in TEXANS uniforms this season.
Thanks for posting that
Old 04-06-2006   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

What is his 40 time? No one has even mentioned that I can find. I know he's big, strong, good route runner, good hands, 10 year vet with not much time on field first two years, etc. And I'm grateful he signed. BUT WHAT IS HIS 40??????!! That is usally one of first things mentioned.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
What is his 40 time? No one has even mentioned that I can find. I know he's big, strong, good route runner, good hands, 10 year vet with not much time on field first two years, etc. And I'm grateful he signed. BUT WHAT IS HIS 40??????!! That is usally one of first things mentioned.
40 times are enormously overrated. What would you need them for anyway? He has ten years in the league and has proven he can get open and catch the ball.

Old 04-06-2006   #19
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

true vinny, but i think he wants to know just how much we can spread the field and the defense with our speed and talent...and with the possible addition of bush's 4.33 we will be blazing fast with AJ, RB, JM
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
true vinny, but i think he wants to know just how much we can spread the field and the defense with our speed and talent...and with the possible addition of bush's 4.33 we will be blazing fast with AJ, RB, JM
He isn't a speed guy at this stage in his career. He will be used like Kubiak used Rod Smith the last few years - slants, crosses, come backs and outs that work the areas pretty much where Gaffney worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblnick
Hi, I can understand you guys are anxious for Moulds news, but it is team policy never to announce anything about a player until it is official. The simple fact remains that the NFL has not approved the trade sending Moulds to the Texans yet.

Expect there to be an announcement early next week.

Nick Schenck
Hey Nick! (Nick runs the main page for those who don't know)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read