Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2006   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default profootballweekly.com report on wong

saw this and thought i'd copy and past it here for everyone

A source close to the Texans says LB Kailee Wong is healing well from an October knee injury. Wong is likely to start at one of the OLB spots if veteran Sam Cowart starts in the middle.
Old 04-06-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Excellent news. I've always liked wong.
Old 04-06-2006   #3
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I think Wong will be better playing at the spot he has played before. Funny that.
Old 04-06-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong has played all the linebacker spots...

This isn't really news. I think most of expected him to start at the Sam if healthy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Thanks for the post Keyfro
Old 04-06-2006   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he plays better than this past season. Of course, it's hard to know where the blame should be placed on last season's defense: The scheme itself, the coaching, the players, a bad offense which kept the defense on the field too much, all the above?

Wong, IMO, never had the badness it takes to be a MLB. He's more of a finesse guy who plays the edges and (to me) plays best when he's supporting other LBs by swarming to the ball without necessarily having to be the one guy who shuts the play down.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
RBforRB
Rookie

Hope this Wong Report isn't wong....

sorry, work's getting to me today!!
RBforRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always enjoyed his interviews. Is he from Harvard or is Payne our only Ivy-Leaguer?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think our LB core looks solid with Wong, Greenwood, and Cowart.

It's better than last year and everyone's at their right position
Old 04-06-2006   #10
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think our LB core looks solid with Wong, Greenwood, and Cowart.

It's better than last year and everyone's at their right position
What about Shantee Orr? I'd like to see him get more PT after what we saw late last year. Do we have Orr, Greenwood, and Wong in on passing downs?
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
What about Shantee Orr? I'd like to see him get more PT after what we saw late last year. Do we have Orr, Greenwood, and Wong in on passing downs?
I like Orr a lot, but where would he fit? Are you saying that he'd play MLB, because I've heard people say he would be well suited there? With Cowart's weak points being passing downs I think that would be a great idea to bring Orr in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read