Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-05-2006   #1
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Reggie in town

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3774738.html

Reggie is in town tonight. And he is excited to be here.

Nothing new, but though I would post it anyways.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good find. Heres KFFLs version:
Texans | R. Bush excited to visit team
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:46:30 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports USC RB Reggie Bush was excited to visit Houston to meet with the Houston Texans. Bush said, "I've been looking forward to this visit. I want to let everybody know who I am and what I am all about. I'm so excited to be here. I wish we could have started today. I'm hoping Houston will be my new home." Bush will spend time Thursday, April 6, meeting with Texans owner Bob McNair, offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun, running backs coach Chick Harris and many others in the organization.
Old 04-06-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I'm so excited to be here. I wish we could have started today. I'm hoping Houston will be my new home."
It's great to hear that from him
Old 04-06-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

In fact, they need to just take him right to his new home and show him around--it's a place called "The Endzone".
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
In fact, they need to just take him right to his new home and show him around--it's a place called "The Endzone".

Nice!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports USC RB Reggie Bush was excited to visit Houston to meet with the Houston Texans. Bush said, "I've been looking forward to this visit. I want to let everybody know who I am and what I am all about. I'm so excited to be here. I wish we could have started today. I'm hoping Houston will be my new home." Bush will spend time Thursday, April 6, meeting with Texans owner Bob McNair, offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun, running backs coach Chick Harris and many others in the organization.

Chick Harris must think that it is Christmas. I attended a clinic that he did on running back play and drafting, and someone asked him about Reggie Bush, and he said nice things about our current running backs, but then said something like, I can never have enough playmakers to work with--he had a smile about a mile wide.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Anybody think some crazed UT fan is going to go Nancy Kerrigan on Reggie Bush's knee when he gets off the plane?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Anybody think some crazed UT fan is going to go Nancy Kerrigan on Reggie Bush's knee when he gets off the plane?
...........Don't even joke about that.

" Hey, Reggie....Could you look this over & sign at the bottom please ?"
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #9
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Well, when you know someone is way better than you.... Reggie, consider this your new-hire orientation. I think may be the the start of a beautiful relationship. You are the Chosen One.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Wouldn't matter. Even if the guy had Barry Bonds "enhanced" bat speed, Reggie could still just juke out ot the way, and leave a pair of smoking sneaker marks where he just was.

Reggie could even dodge a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-06-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Wouldn't matter. Even if the gut had Barry Bonds "enhanced" bat speed, Reggie could still just juke out ot the way, and leave a pair of smoking sneaker marks where he just was.

Reggie could even dodge a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris
Reggies fast, but he aint that fast.
Old 04-06-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Seems fairly presumptious for Manfull to plainly state that Bush is "one of two the Texans are considering drafting with the #1" She then goes on to list Vince Young as the other #1 -- despite that no major mock draft or scouting department in the country has Vince Young at the #1 -- and not only that, but she does not leave room for other guys that could conceivably be taken by us, either with the #1 or via tradedown -- like Mario Williams, for instance, or others would say D'Brick.

Has it really become the foregone conclusion that we are drafting Bush? I was hoping for a few more weeks of this uncertain business. Makes for interesting if not extremely repetitive talk on the MB.
Old 04-06-2006   #13
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm a fan of Bush, Young, or Williams at #1. When VY said something similar to this he was ripped by UT haters saying he just wants #1 money. It is ok for Bush to say it though and I bet if Williams had said it he wouldn't have been ripped either. It just shows that there are some Texan fans that are against any player from UT. Love to hate on those UT players.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #14
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Texan fans that are against any player from UT.
No, I'd still like to have Michael Huff
Old 04-06-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Seems fairly presumptious for Manfull to plainly state that Bush is "one of two the Texans are considering drafting with the #1" She then goes on to list Vince Young as the other #1 -- despite that no major mock draft or scouting department in the country has Vince Young at the #1 -- and not only that, but she does not leave room for other guys that could conceivably be taken by us, either with the #1 or via tradedown -- like Mario Williams, for instance, or others would say D'Brick.

Has it really become the foregone conclusion that we are drafting Bush? I was hoping for a few more weeks of this uncertain business. Makes for interesting if not extremely repetitive talk on the MB.
The Texans were totally transparent the last time we had a first overall pick and it was a foregone conclusion to the point that they didn't even waiver when Carr had an average Sr Bowl week. I don't doubt for a moment we are drafting anyone but Bush. I don't consider that real smart...but that's how they have done business in the past and looks like it is how they are doing it now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
No, I'd still like to have Michael Huff
Ditto, and add Griffin to that list. Also add Justin Blalock to teh list, even thought he won't be out till next year (I think he might be better then D'Brickashaw).

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-06-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

It's a foregone conclusion that Reggie Bush will be the first pick. What's yet to be determined is what team will own that pick. The only reason a team would trade up to #1 is to pick Bush. So the Texans don't lose a lot of bargaining power either way. The suspense of this pick and the much of the hope of trading it, went away when the Saints signed Brees.
Old 04-06-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Texans were totally transparent the last time we had a first overall pick and it was a foregone conclusion to the point that they didn't even waiver when Carr had an average Sr Bowl week. I don't doubt for a moment we are drafting anyone but Bush. I don't consider that real smart...but that's how they have done business in the past and looks like it is how they are doing it now.
Hmm good point. I wonder if Bush is doing some house shopping while in town as well? I was of the opinion that bringing Vince in was more of a professional courtesy than anything else -- as I don't see for a moment us drafting him -- but I still do not like that we have apparently not even seriously entertained a guy like Mario Williams.
Old 04-06-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmm good point. I wonder if Bush is doing some house shopping while in town as well? I was of the opinion that bringing Vince in was more of a professional courtesy than anything else -- as I don't see for a moment us drafting him -- but I still do not like that we have apparently not even seriously entertained a guy like Mario Williams.
I've read where some people don't like his motor, or that he takes plays off and doesn't work hard. I can't comment on that myself, but we didn't even go to his pro day workout did we?

All we are waiting for now is for Bush to get in a car accident wearing a Texans cap.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #20
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

We wouldnt have signed Weaver if we were ever really interested in Super Mario. Didn't attend D'brickshaw's either, did we ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read