Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
H-TownRules
Veteran

Question All time favorite Texans Play?

What is everyone's favorite play the Texans have had in the first two seasons? Here are mine:

1) 1st season, playing Jax in Jaxonville, Gaffney is returning a punt and he laterals across the field to I beleive Aaron Glenn who takes it down to about the 20 I beleive. The pass Jabar Gaffney made was beautiful and I wasn't surpised to later find out he played QB in high school. Well that play translated to a TD and a win over the Jagz.

2) 2nd Season, playing Jax in Houston, Carr goes up, Jagz D-line doesn't, Carr sticks ball over everyone's head and wins the game, the entire stadium goes nucking futs.
Old 08-21-2004   #2
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans sack Quincy Carter for a saftey to clinch the first win.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

1) Billy Miller's catching the Texans first ever TD against the Cowboys
2) Gaff to Glenn on the PR
3) AJ's TD against the Bills when he broke 3 tacklers at once
4) Carr's 40 yard run against the Falcons when he was playing with a bad shoulder
5) Glenn's First TD against the Steelers
6) Glenn's Second TD against the Steelers
7) Sack of Carter to seal 19-10
8) Coleman's interception against the Dolphins that set up the games winning FG
9) Carr over the top of the Jags
10) Ramon Walker's FG block against the Pats in OT

Good Memories

like this new one -

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #4
H-TownRules
Veteran

<-- Hey, It's Quincy Carter after being sacked for that safety.
Old 08-21-2004   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

By far the best physical play I have ever seen is Andre Johnson's catch at Buffalo where he was sure to go down after 3 defenders tackle him. All three bounce off, and he runs in for a 40 yard touchdown.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

my favorite will always be billy miller's TD catch against the Cryboys.

the funniest IMO was Carr's TD run against the Saints where he faked one of the defenders out of his shoes.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
the funniest IMO was Carr's TD run against the Saints where he faked one of the defenders out of his shoes.
I forgot about that....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2004   #8
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Billy Miller's catching the Texans first ever TD against the Cowboys
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I forgot about that....

There's a reminder. Couldn't find the actual juke, but found the TD after.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

One I think deserves a mention (though it didn't come in a win, sadly) was DD's great 54 yard run against the Bengals last season. I think it was 54 yards. I might have that wrong. It was nice to see a Texan bust a long one finally and I'm hoping it was a sign of things to come.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read