Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
Andre_Johnson88
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via MSN to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via Yahoo to Andre_Johnson88
Question Receivers in today's game

What kind of stuff can we expect in today's game against Pittsburgh?I mean will all the starting receivers only be in 1st quarter and then put in Starling and Thomas for the rest of the game?Also, I hope AJ can get more catch attempts today since he only had one attempt last game because I would truly like to see if he is indeed better on his catch ability and other aspects!BTW,how did AJ look during that one attempt last week since I didn't get to watch the first half of the game?
Old 08-21-2004   #2
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default more than a quarter

Look for Capers to play those guys at least 2 quarters, then get em out. Johnson should destroy this weakened secondary, and also give Carr more confidence going into the season!
Old 08-21-2004   #3
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

carr predicted he'd get 2 possesions to play on offense, i saw a interview on one of the local channels yesterday
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is going to burn the squeelers DBs.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #5
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Look for Capers to play those guys at least 2 quarters, then get em out. Johnson should destroy this weakened secondary, and also give Carr more confidence going into the season!
It would do you good to learn a little about your opponent. The little write up on the front page about the Steelers forgot to mention that three of the four starters in the secondary weren't playing against the Lions.There were other flaws also in that article but its irrelevant.Its preseason so it doesn't really matter about the score anyway. Hopefully noone gets hurt which is the most important thing.I hope you guys can do a number on the Titans and Colts this year. It gets tiresome hearing about how great McNair and Manning are all the time.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Johnson is a freak of nature. One thing I was thinking about was the possibility of us getting Mike Williams next year in the draft, but I doubt that will happen. He'd probably be top 5 pick, and I'm hoping the Texans pick 32nd this season. Wishful thinking I guess. In reality I think we will be picking in the 20's. I agree that I just hope no one gets hurt, and that sentiment rings true for both teams. Capers mentioned Wong would work some inside in this game. It'll be interesting to see. Can't wait to catch it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read