Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-05-2006   #1
geofb
Veteran

Default Vince Young dropped again

Looks like Vince Young dropped a couple more spots in the last few days. He's now only 3 spots ahead of Cutler and behind his own teammate at UT. Source is ESPN NFL draft page. There likely will be some major crow eating by the draft Young crowd on this board in the months/years ahead.

Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Class Pos. School
1. Reggie Bush Jr. RB USC
2. Mario Williams Jr. DE N.C. State
3. Matt Leinart Sr. QB USC
4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson Sr. OT Virginia
5. A.J. Hawk Sr. LB Ohio State
6. Vernon Davis Jr. TE Maryland
7. Michael Huff Sr. DB Texas
8. Winston Justice Jr. OT USC
9. Vince Young Jr. QB Texas
10. Haloti Ngata Jr. DT Oregon
11. Brockrick Bunkley Sr. DT Florida St.
12. Jay Cutler Sr. QB Vanderbilt
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #2
KSig44
Veteran

And someone with this much ranking change should go #1?

You're nucking futs.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm... a lot of the Mock drafts ive seen now show Cutler ahead of Vince. I thought it was interesting though that the ESPN Mock Draft Version 6.0 shows Vince Young going to the Lions. I think it would be kindof strange to have signed 4 QBs in the same offseason, one of which who has so much hype around him. I see VY going to the Raiders, but thats only an opinion. We'll see on Draft Day.
Old 04-05-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
And someone with this much ranking change should go #1?

You're nucking futs.
Ah, the voice of reason. Thank you!
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #5
KSig44
Veteran

Talking

There is more reasoning in that statment than any petitioning for VY to go #1.
Old 04-05-2006   #6
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Let's celebrate and start more RB threads!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's petitioning for VY to go #1 in this thread?

We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2006   #8
KSig44
Veteran

It's more of a responce to the overall board and all the VY/Bush threads.
Old 04-05-2006   #9
Mario Williams
Rookie

Keep dropping, Young.
Old 04-05-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. Does bashing the guy in every thread make you guys feel better about the Texans drafting Reggie Bush? Does it make you guys feel better about keeping David Carr?

Reggie Bush to the Texans is a foregone conclusion. How does bashing VY help further the cause?
Old 04-05-2006   #11
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Hmm... a lot of the Mock drafts ive seen now show Cutler ahead of Vince. I thought it was interesting though that the ESPN Mock Draft Version 6.0 shows Vince Young going to the Lions. I think it would be kindof strange to have signed 4 QBs in the same offseason, one of which who has so much hype around him. I see VY going to the Raiders, but thats only an opinion. We'll see on Draft Day.
Aren't the Lions the team that has three 1st rnd recievers on their roster? Why not stockpile QB's? I saw someone on ESPN saying the Saints still might take Lienert and Young might still go third to Tenn. Everyones trying to figure out the other guys cards.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #12
KSig44
Veteran

Talking Just to show I'm not so anti VY...

I would take him in the draft if he slipped to pick 33. And the way he keeps dropping it just might happen.
Old 04-05-2006   #13
KSig44
Veteran

Just leveling out the Bush bashing by the VY supporters.
Old 04-05-2006   #14
Mario Williams
Rookie

I would take him too.
Old 04-05-2006   #15
Rewsky
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
Just leveling out the Bush bashing by the VY supporters.
That's funny, most of the VY supporters I know like Bush and think he' s an outstanding player as well. They just like VY better. I know this seems unfathomable to some.

Rewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #16
KSig44
Veteran

Hmmm.....we must not be reading the same posts.
Old 04-05-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

The overall vibe I get from the board is that everyone is cool with getting Bush. I've only seen one guy dog him out, but even he said he'd buy Bush's jersey after the draft.

The bottom line is that nobody should have to bash a guy to make their guy look better.
Old 04-05-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

----NEWS FLASH----

This just in: The writers of the ESPN NFL draft page will NOT make any picks for any of the 32 professional football teams.

Glad we cleared that up!

Honestly, this is just sensationalized journalism at its finest. They want readers, and the best way is to create controversy.

I hope Young get picked in the top three just to spite all these naysayers.
Old 04-05-2006   #19
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Seriously ... I think a bit much is being made of this. This is like weather forecasting, with less accuracy. Except for no one sits around and talks about the weather like we do the NFL draft. Okay, so bad analogy, but point is, it's just some guys' predictions. They've been wrong before, and will again.
Old 04-05-2006   #20
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvice
I don't get it. Does bashing the guy in every thread make you guys feel better about the Texans drafting Reggie Bush? Does it make you guys feel better about keeping David Carr?

Reggie Bush to the Texans is a foregone conclusion. How does bashing VY help further the cause?
What? There is a thread bashing Reggies choice in Cars? I don't think many of the post are meant to attack the players, but rather raise a ruckus and billboard someones opinions.

Last edited by texplayer2; 04-05-2006 at 04:12 PM.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read