Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Scoutsnotebook.com Mock 04/04/06

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/modules.php?name=mock_draft

The site is now free to all. Also, we have a completely new design in the modules since I last posted it.

I won't have time to come back and discuss it at lengths as I usually do, but the Houston picks are...

1. Reggie Bush, RB Southern Cal
33. Eric Winston, OT Miami
65. Daryn Colledge, OT Boise State
66. Rocky McIntosh, LB Miami

We'd project Winston at RT and Colledge as an eventual LT. Both fit the scheme well that Kubes will be running.

You can check out the rest of the mock at the link.

Have a good one.

Matt_Alkire said:
http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/modules.php?name=mock_draft

The site is now free to all. Also, we have a completely new design in the modules since I last posted it.

I won't have time to come back and discuss it at lengths as I usually do, but the Houston picks are...

1. Reggie Bush, RB Southern Cal
33. Eric Winston, OT Miami
65. Daryn Colledge, OT Boise State
66. Rocky McIntosh, LB Miami

We'd project Winston at RT and Colledge as an eventual LT. Both fit the scheme well that Kubes will be running.

that would be unbelievably good fortune :homer:

beerlover said:
that would be unbelievably good fortune :homer:

I dont like seeing 2 tackles taken....because out of Pitts/Wand/Weigart....we should have either a RT or an LT....and a backup at another position...take Winston or Colledge not both...we need secondary

Dunta_23 said:
I dont like seeing 2 tackles taken....because out of Pitts/Wand/Weigart....we should have either a RT or an LT....and a backup at another position...take Winston or Colledge not both...we need secondary

could you imagine how awesome the right side of the line would be for the next 8-10 years? Colledge could move into RG with Winston @ RT, or see how Winston competes against Pitts for the starting LT slot & move Pitts to RT next to Colledge. the combinations would be both diverse and competitive :)

The line play would be good but wed also have a lot of high priced starters sitting somewhere...and I think our secondary needs just about as much work as the line

Dunta_23 said:
The line play would be good but wed also have a lot of high priced starters sitting somewhere...and I think our secondary needs just about as much work as the line

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to expect that one of the Texans' five picks in the top 100 go to a DB. It seems natural that they take one with either #65 or 66.

i really like colledge and winston..but i would prefer not to take both..i think our secondary is a pressing need now..and i see us taking ko or especially joseph @33 if he's still there(especially with dunta's success)
i hope davin joseph somehow falls to 65 or else take matua there or in the 4th, aswell as colledge- or if we take winston..take manning,marshall instead of colledge

like the draft though (cromartie's in the 1st)..i do think the bears would jump at pope in the 2nd round though

Dunta_23 said:

Exactly. One OL stud on day one. Prey they get a shot at a young corner, hopefully one large enough to transition to fs. Not thrilled with either of these two OLs. Winston is still hurt. Colledge is just Wand II. On second thought, they both fit this francise to a tee.

threetoedpete said:
Exactly. One OL stud on day one. Prey they get a shot at a young corner, hopefully one large enough to transition to fs. Not thrilled with either of these two OLs. Winston is still hurt. Colledge is just Wand II. On second thought, they both fit this francise to a tee.

well, the law of averages means its likely that if Colledge and Winston were drafted we would end up with only one stud. I think that group would be a fantastic draft. We would stil need to address FS and I'd like to see something done at CB, but hey, I'm ready for a new problem. This OLine crap is getting really old. It's ironic, we acquired Boselli and RYoung five years ago to ensure that this fiasco wouldn't happen.

Dunta_23 said:

No position on this team will be more important in the 2nd rnd than the O-line.We have had more sacks over the past 4yrs than any team. We need to protect the QB!
We do need help in the D backfield, but we can get quality help in the 3rd rnd.

Back