Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-05-2006   #1
texansfaninla
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 texansfaninla has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Moulds comment sheds light?

I know all of us are wondering on the edge of our seats whether the Texans are going to take Reggie Bush or Vince Young with the No. 1 pick. All the latest news seems to point more and more that Reggie is the guy. Now, there's this tidbit in today's Chronicle - a quote by Eric Moulds on the Texans' future as compared to the Bills' recent past:

"But I have great memories. It was just frustrating playing with so many different quarterbacks (in Buffalo). You just had to keep adjusting. It's not like that here. David Carr is the quarterback, and he's going to be here the whole time. I just have to adjust to him."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3772027.html

I wonder if he was told that during the negotiations. Of course, I know that anything's possible and sometimes players are told things that aren't true, but...perhaps it's another signal that Reggie is the pick.
texansfaninla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #2
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Another interesting comment by Moulds:

"Andre (Johnson) wanted me here, so I made my decision," Moulds said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I wasn't extremely sold on Moulds before, but if he gives these comments 100% truthfully (meaning, you see guys say the 'right thing' a lot for the cameras but they think something else privately: if he means what he says here) then I like him a lot more. I will always take a somewhat less than optimally talented guy who buys into the team (comments referring to Andre and now Carr) and wants to make them look good as much as he wants to be made to look good.

Just my take.
Old 04-05-2006   #4
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I wasn't extremely sold on Moulds before, but if he gives these comments 100% truthfully (meaning, you see guys say the 'right thing' a lot for the cameras but they think something else privately: if he means what he says here) then I like him a lot more. I will always take a somewhat less than optimally talented guy who buys into the team (comments referring to Andre and now Carr) and wants to make them look good as much as he wants to be made to look good.

Just my take.
Plus, it sounds like he WANTS to be a mentor to Andre. That is huge IMO.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it interesting that BOTH AJ and DC were calling him to twist his arm to come here. Seems like some folks want to win....that's a good thing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #6
Keldar
Veteran

I think that in any interview process, both parties have to sell themselves. So, it stands to reason that Moulds was indeed informed of what the present and future plans of this team are. How else could he make a decision as to whether he wants to play here?

I think you are definitely on to something.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #7
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll throw this excerpt from another article in the mix as well:

Moulds said he met with Texans receiver Andre Johnson, and he believes he can both complement and tutor the emerging star. He's also excited about the possibility of Houston bolstering its offense by selecting USC running back and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in this month's draft.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.499fe2f.html
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2006   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1291 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad
Another interesting comment by Moulds:

"Andre (Johnson) wanted me here, so I made my decision," Moulds said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

I hope this is not brokeback! Seriously, I hope he really wants to be here to help this young team to suceed & provide that much needed veteran leadership & to teach AJ a thing or two! Just like Mutombo helping Yao Ming a little bit!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read