Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-04-2006   #1
dhaNim
Rookie

Default Team tells LenDale not to run so they can draft him

Quote:
NFL | Team telling White they will draft him
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:52:09 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports there are some behind-the-scenes talk of USC RB LenDale White not slipping in the NFL Draft as some stories have gone since his poor performance at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. One team drafting in the 20s recently encouraged White not to run before the NFL Draft so it can pounce on him with its selection in the first round. Another team in the mid-teens already has told White it plans on drafting him.
Thats pretty crazy and a little funny after all the negative publicity he has been getting since his pro day.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #2
4th&inches
Rookie

yeah i read this also...just want to know who it was that told him not to run
Old 04-04-2006   #3
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Sounds like a hog wash, the media will write anything to cause a dramma. The guy was probably just out of shape.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #4
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave350
Sounds like a hog wash, the media will write anything to cause a dramma. The guy was probably just out of shape.
no i think the team or teams have told him not to run from now on, not to 'not run' at the pro day. i think this conversation between them took place after the pro day.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Why the hell would he want his draft stock to slip so he can get picked later, and be paid less. If anything, he would bust his ***, make the team reach to get him, and then take 'em to the cleaners before he ever even stepped on an NFL field.

Even if they did tell him not to run, I'm sure they didn't say, 'become a sloppy cow, who will barely be in football shape by the time camp starts,' I'm positive they didn't send out that back channel message

I can't believe I responded to this thread...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #6
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Why the hell would he want his draft stock to slip so he can get picked later, and be paid less. If anything, he would bust his ***, make the team reach to get him, and then take 'em to the cleaners before he ever even stepped on an NFL field.

Even if they did tell him not to run, I'm sure they didn't say, 'become a sloppy cow, who will barely be in football shape by the time camp starts,' I'm positive they didn't send out that back channel message

I can't believe I responded to this thread...
Some people like winning as opposed to a larger paycheck. Would you take (insert a large player's name contract) but have to live through not winning more then 3 games for the duration of the contract?
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #7
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Most likely the steelers, didn't someone say that he was talking to them the whole time at his proday? They also have a late 1st round pick.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve
Some people like winning as opposed to a larger paycheck. Would you take (insert a large player's name contract) but have to live through not winning more then 3 games for the duration of the contract?
You can only assume that teams in the higher rounds will keep on winning, seeing as that's how they got that draft pick in the first place. With all the parity in the league, a team drafting in the mid 20s could probably fall within the top 10 just in one year.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would this be considered some form of tampering?
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn

so he can go to a better team.
Old 04-05-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That really ticks me off. We should just take Lendale White with the first pick. That'll show 'em.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

the conversation went something like this:

Unnamed NFL Team: OK Lendale, here's what you do. Refuse to run. Refuse to work out. Even refuse to take off your jumpsuit. We want you to appear unmotivated and out of shape so you'll be on the board when we pick.

Lendale: hmmmmm OK ... but won't that cost me a lot of money?

Unnamed NFL Team: Money? Don't you realize you'll be playing for an established team and have a better chance of making it to the post season?

Lendale: Ohhhhhh OK ..... sounds like a plan ..... Anyone for Chinese?
Old 04-05-2006   #13
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave350
Yes, out of shape.

And also an idiot, for if there were ever a time to be in shape, it was last Sunday. Everyone else on his team seemed to get that memo.

Still, I imagine he'll be picked in the first round because he's a hoss.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve
Winning's not guaranteed in this league. In 2003, the Raiders used the 31st pick on Nnamdi Asomugha after losing the Super Bowl to Tampa Bay. Asomugha probably thought he was going into a sweet deal. Oakland's gone 13-35 since then.

As the top overall pick, I'm sure Carson Palmer was dreading all the future losing seasons ahead of him. So why did he agree to such a large contract extension with the team? Because they were able to turn things around perhaps?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #15
Keldar
Veteran

Ok, I can figure this one out.....

Hmmmm, let's see....who was voted the fattest city in America this year? Oh, that would be Chicago.

Got it!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #16
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

This kind of stuff happens all the time -- spreading false info about how someone looked, acted, etc [Lendale Whale needed a bra his boobs were so big] so they will slip down in the draft.

I mean a scout gets a blurb in KFFL and it sets off a wildfire of barbs here at the Texan's BBS -- funny stuff, but is it really fair....
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #17
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
I mean a scout gets a blurb in KFFL and it sets off a wildfire of barbs here at the Texan's BBS -- funny stuff, but is it really fair....
I think by all tangible evidence, the guy show up looking like a weak Pillsbury doughboy. Reggie Bush smoked him in the bench press, and Reggie is supposed to be the quick and agile portion of the duo.

I dunno.....it just smacks of poor work ethic.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #18
MikeMc
All Pro

It was most likely the Panthers....they want him BAD. BTW, no way it was the Steelers, they know that the Panthers will select him if he is still there.
Old 04-05-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one wondering about steiroids right about now?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This has made me question his character.....

then again it makes me question teh character of the teams telling him to sit out and make himself look like a lazy piker
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read