Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Will Reggie Bush be on the opening roster next year?
No 46 25.41%
Yes 135 74.59%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'll bet my moniker against your moniker that Bush won't be on the Texan's roster

I don't believe the Texans are going to draft Bush. I truely believe that they want Young, & I'm willing to make a friendly (non-monetary) bet to prove it.

Here's the deal. The Texans have to have Bush on the roster (active or injured) for the opening regular season game next year. If he is, you can change my moniker (Hottoddie) to what ever you want it to be. If he's not, I get to do the same thing to your's. The change will stay in effect until next year's draft. Also, the name can't be obscene. If there are multiple takers on this wager, there'll be a drawing, of sorts, to choose who gets the honors. Something like, me picking a number between zero & the total number of winning participants.

Now, anyone that believes like I do & wants to join the "Bush won't be on the Texan's roster come opening day team", you are eligible to throw your moniker into the pot as well. When we win, we'll just divide up the spoils & start changing monikers.

I'll make this a public poll, so that we can all see who's on what side. If you vote, you're throwing your moniker into the pool & there's no taking it back.

So, how about it, any takers?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Old 04-04-2006   #2
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just heard on Fox 26, Berman reported that Texans want a special workout session w/VY Friday, what do you have to 'bout that?!
I say Bush is coming on Thursday to pick his locker and get measured for his uniform. Maybe not the locker/uniform part but he will be here Thursday I believe.
Old 04-04-2006   #3
barzilla
Veteran

I voted for Bush, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if they have an equal grade on the two. Does signability before the draft enter into the equation. Plus, how much stock do we really put into the UT/home angle?

I think two things have happened in the workouts

1) Reggie Bush answered SOME of the strength and durability concerns with his benchpress performance. Like I said, SOME. Additionally, he showed the all-around athletic ability we all know he has.

2) Vince Young was very impressive throwing the ball.

Of course, the problem is that there are still questions.

1) Can Bush be a 20 carry per game back?
2) Can Young make the throws WE want him to make?
3) When will Young be ready to play?

I'm on the record as being for Bush and believing the Texans will take Bush. However, I do think VY will make a very good pro QB. I'll gladly let anyone change my monikor and will root for VY if we take him.
Old 04-04-2006   #4
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

You guys are crazy! LOL I hope that Reggie does not expect Houston to be L.A. if he does he will be disapointed. We are the concrete city baby, not Hollywood, we have hoods minus the holly if he wants to see them lol. I hope Vince works out awsome that way we can see some gray hair come out in Charley C's Hair. He looks like he sprays black spraypaint on his hair lol. I see that guy and I laugh so hard, his hair is awsome lol.
Old 04-04-2006   #5
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

I watched the video of him at the USC pro day and I was saying to myself, Is it real? Now was a guy that old, in a stressfull job like his has a head full of solid black hair. LOL
Old 04-04-2006   #6
Mailman04
Veteran

You Texas Longhorn homers amaze me. Vince Young will be a bust, count on it and Houston isn't drafting him.
Old 04-04-2006   #7
Mathis13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman04
You Texas Longhorn homers amaze me. Vince Young will be a bust, count on it and Houston isn't drafting him.
Amen!!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt bet my monikor, it is how yall know me here on the boards. A nice friendly bet about avatars on the other hand...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 04-04-2006   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tlmn
For real?! Where'd u hear that from, from what source?

Dude that just ruined my night, that sux.
It's been widely reported that he'll be here to meet with everyone on Thursday, the same as it's been reported that Young will be here on Friday. The Texans need to sit with these guys if they are considering investing the #1 pick on them. I'm pretty sure it's normal for the team with the #1 to have private visits with the top choices.

I don't think either VY or Bush will be busts. Neither pick would be bad, but considering the investment the team just made in Carr and the cost it would take to trade him, I think the pick is Bush.
Old 04-04-2006   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans won't draft Young.... but he won't be a bust either. Its just going to take him 3-4 years to start paying off.
Old 04-04-2006   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then put your moniker where your mouth is.

By the way, I'm not a UT homer. I have not now, nor have I ever, had any affilliation with UT. I just believe that Young better fits what Kubiak is planning on doing with our offense.

Denver has for years, been able to plug just about any RB into their system & watch them flourish. However, they had their greatest success when they had a mobile, passing QB by the name of John Elway ('83-'98). You know who his coach was during most of those years (doesn't include the 2 Superbowl years)? Dan Reeves ('81-'92), & he had a 117-79-1 record during his time there. No one can convince me that Reeves isn't going to have some say in this draft.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 04-04-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
No one can convince me that Reeves isn't going to have some say in this draft.
And the 1st conclusion Reeves came to as a consultant was the problems with the team were more coaching than personnel--hence bye bye to the coaching staff, keeping CC and a maximum extension for Carr. Regardless of whether those decisions are correct, those are the tea leaves.
Old 04-04-2006   #13
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
And the 1st conclusion Reeves came to as a consultant was the problems with the team were more coaching than personnel--hence bye bye to the coaching staff, keeping CC and a maximum extension for Carr. Regardless of whether those decisions are correct, those are the tea leaves.
Tea leaves or not, Carr can be traded. How about the Jets? They could give us their 2nd round pick & considerations for next year, or possibly, the #29 pick in the first round this year. That way, they have their starting QB & can use the #4 pick on a franchise LT (D'Brick) to protect Carr. Seems to me like a good move on their part.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 04-05-2006   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The Jets have Pennington under contract on the cheap, and they made a trade for Patrick Ramsey (a former 1st Rounder). I imagine Ramsey will win the starting job. Why would they trade for Carr when they've got a young strong armed QB in Ramsey?
Old 04-05-2006   #15
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Jesus, are we all the way back to the "Trade Carr" talk again ?
Old 04-05-2006   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then put your moniker where your mouth is.

By the way, I'm not a UT homer. I have not now, nor have I ever, had any affilliation with UT. I just believe that Young better fits what Kubiak is planning on doing with our offense.

Denver has for years, been able to plug just about any RB into their system & watch them flourish. However, they had their greatest success when they had a mobile, passing QB by the name of John Elway ('83-'98). You know who his coach was during most of those years (doesn't include the 2 Superbowl years)? Dan Reeves ('81-'92), & he had a 117-79-1 record during his time there. No one can convince me that Reeves isn't going to have some say in this draft.
Hate to break your heart, but Carr fits more into the Elway mold than VY does. Elway was mobile, but he had an absolute cannon attached to his shoulder. VY has more mobility and a better set of RB skills, but his arm strength leaves a little to be desired. Carr has decent wheels, a few moves, is pretty athletic and has the arm that more resembles Elways arm strength. But thats putting the cart befor the horse, cause neither Carr or VY should be put in the same zip code as one of if not the best QB to ever play the game.
Old 04-05-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not betting anything (just wanted to make that clear), but I don't believe for one minute that Young is going to be a Texan. I do still think there could be a last minute Trade Down. Mainly though, I just hope they either take Bush or Trade Down--I don't want to spend the #1 on anything else, like an OT for example. Wouldn't mind having one at all, but not with the #1. That's all.
Old 04-05-2006   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take your bet, Hottoddie. You've needed a new handle, anyway. Don't worry, I'll be kind. I'm leaning to "I Reggie".
Old 04-05-2006   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 25417 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't believe the Texans are going to draft Bush. I truely believe that they want Young, & I'm willing to make a friendly (non-monetary) bet to prove it.

Here's the deal. The Texans have to have Bush on the roster (active or injured) for the opening regular season game next year. If he is, you can change my moniker (Hottoddie) to what ever you want it to be. If he's not, I get to do the same thing to your's. The change will stay in effect until next year's draft. Also, the name can't be obscene. If there are multiple takers on this wager, there'll be a drawing, of sorts, to choose who gets the honors. Something like, me picking a number between zero & the total number of winning participants.

Now, anyone that believes like I do & wants to join the "Bush won't be on the Texan's roster come opening day team", you are eligible to throw your moniker into the pot as well. When we win, we'll just divide up the spoils & start changing monikers.

I'll make this a public poll, so that we can all see who's on what side. If you vote, you're throwing your moniker into the pool & there's no taking it back.

So, how about it, any takers?
To quote a sig on this MB..."I'll be your Huckleberry". Call me crazy...Crazy?...I was crazy once, they locked me in a room...a padded room, man it was crazy. Crazy?...I was crazy once, they locked me in a room...a padded room, man it was crazy. Crazy?...I was crazy once.......

The bets ON. You better get ready for the "THE ULTIMATE MONIKER"!

EDITED...I can't BELIEVE I made that gaff!!!!!!

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 04-05-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2006   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
To quote a sig on this MB..."I'll be your Huckleberry". Not only will Bush be on the roster, I'll bet he's a major impact in the first opening game win in Texans history! Call me crazy.!

You're crazy. We've already had the best opening game win in the history of football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read