Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-20-2004   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Fellow Cowboy fans - Memories of Texas Stadium

Im really going to miss that ol 31 yr. old stadium when its done with, so many memories. Like when TO got knocked down by George Teague in the middle of the star, the great 1979 battle between the Skins vs. Dallas, winner takes division, I'll never forget that one. Or the famous line " We left the hole there so God could watch his favorite team " And what about when Emmitt Smith hit the jackpot and became the NFL's all time leading rusher
Any more you guys can think of?

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 08-20-2004 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the 79 game between the Redskins and Cowboys and it was exciting.

I also remember a very good game against the Packers during the SB years.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I remember as a kid driving 30 miles out of our way so that we could drive by Texas Stadium. Other than that, I've never been in/up close to the thing.

Listing the memories of games on tv would take too long.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #4
Dawgnme
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fellow Cowboy fans - Memories of Texas Stadium

Yeah, I remember going to that cauldron for a team-building exercise with my myopic at-the-time-manager in '99. Two of the ladies in my district passed out from the heat and another had to be taken to the hospital for mild hyperthermia. Hey, there's a reason you don't take alcohol IN A SAUNA!!! Here's why you dummies kept the hole in the roof:

"The hole in the roof is evidence of an unfinished design. The original plan called for a retractable roof, which was quite a radical concept in the late 1960s. However, the idea was abandoned on the basis of engineering and financial problems. But the rest of the design was implemented, resulting in Texas Stadium as we know it.

The effect of the roof is actually no different from that of many baseball parks. Many ballparks have a roof over the reserved seats, but not the bleachers. In your mind, just extend the roof all the way around, then elongate the stadium for football, and presto! Texas Stadium's design with a hole in the roof.

Renovations associated with new luxury box construction in the 1990s has eliminated the gap between the roof and the stands, through which a breeze could blow. This makes Texas Stadium hotter early in the season, but warmer toward the end."

One of your fellow mensas, a guy named Rod Nunley wrote that on a NFL stadium page. So put that in your crackpipe and smoke it - a failed engineering experiment gave birth to the world's first convection stadium... BRILLIANT! They oughtta put that #@%& in cans, bro. Only Phi Theta Kappas like yourselves would relish the memories of a death trap that was made worse by greedy owner Jerry Joan Rivers' "luxury boxes". The same backwoods carpetbagger who created the PSL and made you pay for the right to die (or suffer permanent brain damage, but wait, that's probably an improvement... nevermind). Way to go, Irving... like the corners of my mind.

Go back to Oak Cliff and stay off our board, losers!

Last edited by Dawgnme; 10-11-2006 at 03:10 AM. Reason: sp
Dawgnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #5
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Sooo, to answer your question. . .I don't think Dawg will miss the stadium!
Old 10-11-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
Sooo, to answer your question. . .I don't think Dawg will miss the stadium!
LOL! No kiddin, huh?
Old 10-11-2006   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Never mind nothing good to say.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 10-11-2006 at 10:20 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2006   #8
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgnme View Post
Yeah, I remember going to that cauldron for a team-building exercise with my myopic at-the-time-manager in '99. Two of the ladies in my district passed out from the heat and another had to be taken to the hospital for mild hyperthermia. Hey, there's a reason you don't take alcohol IN A SAUNA!!! Here's why you dummies kept the hole in the roof:

"The hole in the roof is evidence of an unfinished design. The original plan called for a retractable roof, which was quite a radical concept in the late 1960s. However, the idea was abandoned on the basis of engineering and financial problems. But the rest of the design was implemented, resulting in Texas Stadium as we know it.

The effect of the roof is actually no different from that of many baseball parks. Many ballparks have a roof over the reserved seats, but not the bleachers. In your mind, just extend the roof all the way around, then elongate the stadium for football, and presto! Texas Stadium's design with a hole in the roof.

Renovations associated with new luxury box construction in the 1990s has eliminated the gap between the roof and the stands, through which a breeze could blow. This makes Texas Stadium hotter early in the season, but warmer toward the end."

One of your fellow mensas, a guy named Rod Nunley wrote that on a NFL stadium page. So put that in your crackpipe and smoke it - a failed engineering experiment gave birth to the world's first convection stadium... BRILLIANT! They oughtta put that #@%& in cans, bro. Only Phi Theta Kappas like yourselves would relish the memories of a death trap that was made worse by greedy owner Jerry Joan Rivers' "luxury boxes". The same backwoods carpetbagger who created the PSL and made you pay for the right to die (or suffer permanent brain damage, but wait, that's probably an improvement... nevermind). Way to go, Irving... like the corners of my mind.

Go back to Oak Cliff and stay off our board, losers!

I'm sorry Texas Stadium isn't as luxurious and renovated as the Texan's oh-so precious Reliant Stadium, but it gets the job done. I'm sorry that your "ladies" couldn't stand the heat, but the stadium's name is called Texas Stadium, so what did you expect? The frozen tundra? Quit your huffing and puffing and drink some water.

The Cowboys were a step ahead of their time back then. The Cowboys once again were pioneers for their time. I'm just glad our failed expirement back in the 60s, wasn't one where the team moved to Tennesse.

We are only three years away from quite possibly the finest facility in the great sporting world, the 9th wonder of the World-- Cowboys Park. While Cowboys Park wil only be created 6 years after Reliant, it will literally seem light years ahead. 100,000 capacity, theme park and Cowboys HOF outside, Steel beams space-ship like design from the exterior, large video boards peppering the outside, and too bad for you-- the rectatable roof concept will be made to include the hole in the roof.

wtf with bringing up a two year thread?

Old 10-11-2006   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Um... what teams message board am I on again?
Old 10-11-2006   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA View Post
Um... what teams message board am I on again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Ummm...what HE said!
Let's go hang out at the Cowboys' MB. I was ALWAYS one to crash a get together.

On second thought...
Old 10-11-2006   #11
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
Im really going to miss that ol 31 yr. old stadium when its done with, so many memories. Like when TO got knocked down by George Teague in the middle of the star, the great 1979 battle between the Skins vs. Dallas, winner takes division, I'll never forget that one. Or the famous line " We left the hole there so God could watch his favorite team " And what about when Emmitt Smith hit the jackpot and became the NFL's all time leading rusher
Any more you guys can think of?
Your bio says you are 16?

If that is the case, sounds like you are trying to impress poeple here with things you have never experienced. Lets see 16 years old would mean you were born in 1990.

So tell me how did YOU like the 79' skins cowboys game?

I am assuming you come here to post due to the fact that there is no intelligent discussion on the Cowboy forums.

Please go back to your playpen.
San Antonio Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #12
Bud Adams
Rookie

My only true regret is that the good people of Dallas never finished installing the tank and seat. Then they could have flushed the thing from time to time.
Bud Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgnme
Yeah, I remember going to that cauldron for a team-building exercise with my myopic at-the-time-manager in '99. Two of the ladies in my district passed out from the heat and another had to be taken to the hospital for mild hyperthermia.
Remember the game played in Houston last year against the Steelers? When the Houston organization thought it'd be a good idea to keep the roof open despite the 90+ temperatures outside/110+ degrees inside and have the Steelers wear their black jerseys so the Texans would have an edge?

Yeah, that worked out great. How many fans were left in the stadium past half-time?

At least our excuse was poor engineering dating back to the 60's. What's your excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I remember as a kid driving 30 miles out of our way so that we could drive by Texas Stadium. Other than that, I've never been in/up close to the thing.

Listing the memories of games on tv would take too long.
I posted that back in '04. Since then, I've been to one pre-season game and one regular season game (Sunday will be my 2nd).

I'll always have the memories but it's time that thing came down.
Old 10-11-2006   #14
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember that time in '02 when the cowboys went back to the Texas Stadium crying like little b it ches because America's team go their arses handed to them by Texas' team. Ahhh fond memories.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

See the difference between the two franchises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
...the great 1979 battle between the Skins vs. Dallas, winner takes division,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
I remember that time in '02 when the cowboys went back to the Texas Stadium crying like little b it ches because America's team go their arses handed to them by Texas' team. Ahhh fond memories.
One franchise can look back on victories that settled division championships. The other can look back on a victory over a 5-11 team.

Muhahaha!
Old 10-11-2006   #16
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Texan View Post
Your bio says you are 16?

If that is the case, sounds like you are trying to impress poeple here with things you have never experienced. Lets see 16 years old would mean you were born in 1990.

So tell me how did YOU like the 79' skins cowboys game?

I am assuming you come here to post due to the fact that there is no intelligent discussion on the Cowboy forums.

Please go back to your playpen.

Embracing the history bud, embracing the history. I would be somewhat selfish if I didn't include a memory back in the Roger the Dodger days, especially since this game is considered by many to be the finest match ever played in Texas Stadium.

But hey, you got a point.. Especially considering I wrote this 2 years ago, it certaintly doesn't help my case of sounding like I'm 16.

Old 10-11-2006   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Copy and pasted post from somewhere else maybe?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Adams View Post
My only true regret is that the good people of Dallas never finished installing the tank and seat. Then they could have flushed the thing from time to time.
It appears that the new home is going to be so grand that they are using tarps and keeping the design a top secret. The unveiling should be great. Before the website was closed, the prelim plans included a 75K stadium with no endzone seats, but seats could be moved in to increase the seating capacity to 100K, also legends park, restaurants and hotels to make a visit to the park a full day event. Sounds awesome!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #19
cowboyznut
Rookie

I've been to texas stadium five or six times though I live in Ohio....done the stadium tour a few times so I've had the chance to stand on the star and look up...at the ring of honor...a view and a feeling I will never forget

http://www.dallascowboyfansunited.co...?referrerid=93
cowboyznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
I'm sorry Texas Stadium isn't as luxurious and renovated as the Texan's oh-so precious Reliant Stadium, but it gets the job done. I'm sorry that your "ladies" couldn't stand the heat, but the stadium's name is called Texas Stadium, so what did you expect? The frozen tundra? Quit your huffing and puffing and drink some water.

The Cowboys were a step ahead of their time back then. The Cowboys once again were pioneers for their time. I'm just glad our failed expirement back in the 60s, wasn't one where the team moved to Tennesse.

We are only three years away from quite possibly the finest facility in the great sporting world, the 9th wonder of the World-- Cowboys Park. While Cowboys Park wil only be created 6 years after Reliant, it will literally seem light years ahead. 100,000 capacity, theme park and Cowboys HOF outside, Steel beams space-ship like design from the exterior, large video boards peppering the outside, and too bad for you-- the rectatable roof concept will be made to include the hole in the roof.

wtf with bringing up a two year thread?
Nope, your original team moved to Kansas City..... And what may I ask is so ahead of its time regarding that toilet bowl? I guess its not finishing the roof..... in some way is that supposed to be avant garde? Face it, its a dump and it always has been a dump. PERIOD!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read