Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default How about this guy for a backup QB!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2395953

I just couldn't resist, but some of you will probably just have a ball with this one....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Do you think if Mr. McNair showed Mr. McNair a little love he might come here. We would really be the talk of the league if that happened. He would make an excellent backup to Carr and more than capable if Carr was having trouble or went down with injuries. McNair could continue to heal and you never know what might happen....
Old 04-04-2006   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Do you think if Mr. McNair showed Mr. McNair a little love he might come here. We would really be the talk of the league if that happened. He would make an excellent backup to Carr and more than capable if Carr was having trouble or went down with injuries. McNair could continue to heal and you never know what might happen....
Not a bad idea, but, Jeff Fisher will NEVER let Steve go!! OLD BUD will pay the price for that stupid mistake!! Typical Bud though! He had early dementia when he was in Houston, now it's full blown!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #4
TitansGiantsBears
Rookie

The problem is that McNair won't play backup. He's made that clear. That's the reason he's against us drafting a QB. He feels bringing someone in means the team is showing him the door or a backup role.

I don't see him as ready to be reduced to that role myself. Barring injury McNair has several years left in him of playing at a high level. Still our team has to think about its future and can't afford to pass on the opportunity to draft our next franchise QB (or at least try to).
TitansGiantsBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
If McNair and his agent want that much money out of Tennessee then I doubt we could bring him here at any kind of decent price unless he really hates the Titans and wants to spite them, but still if he thinks he is worth $10 million a year then I doubt he comes here for any reasonable amount.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears
The problem is that McNair won't play backup. He's made that clear. That's the reason he's against us drafting a QB. He feels bringing someone in means the team is showing him the door or a backup role.

I don't see him as ready to be reduced to that role myself. Barring injury McNair has several years left in him of playing at a high level. Still our team has to think about its future and can't afford to pass on the opportunity to draft our next franchise QB (or at least try to).
That's what I have been hearing and reading. I think its in his best interest to go a little slower as long as he can earn a good pay check. From our prespective I guess the Texans, and Mr. McNair, would treat things a little differently than Mr. Adams. Houston fans have a thing about Bud you know.
Old 04-04-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansGiantsBears

I've got a feeling that McNair's body is going to force him to sit a lot anyway, but he's still gonna want money and to be the official #1 guy. He needs to retire for his own health, but he's been great. Not having McNair in Houston is the worst thing about having lost the Oilers. It's the price we paid for getting the Texans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2397172

Some further information on this. The way Bud gets rid of a $10 million problem.
Old 04-04-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt this is classic Bud. And for that, I salute Bob!

I'd take Steve McNair in a heartbeat, if he was willing to play backup and for the right price. But I agree that he's probably able to start, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with another team...maybe Baltimore.

I wish him the best. I've always liked him and followed his career since he was drafted as a Houston Oiler. He's a football warrior in every sense, and he epitomizes the spirit of the determined player at the heart of the game itself.

But for Bud's team, I can only hope for the worst. Division rivals and all.
Old 04-05-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign Steve and let Carr be the backup. It will probably take Carr 4 more years to learn the NFL game.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Injury Prone.
Old.
Money Hungry.

Not ideal back up material
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

A backup... are you kidding me? McNair would beat out Carr for the starting job with one arm tied behind his back.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
A backup... are you kidding me? McNair would beat out Carr for the starting job with one arm tied behind his back.
I like Carr and all, but I've gotta co-sign w/ wonger on this one. Carr is tough and all, but McNair is more of a beast.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read