Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2006   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default AJ, Moulds, DD, Bush, WOW!

I think its pretty safe to assume we're taking Bush. So can you imagine the matchup problems our Texans will be able to create w/this offense? Man i can't wait!
2 big physical receivers, a lightning fast, versatile back, and another back w/good vision and versatility as well. Damn i can't wait till next year. Lets just hope the D, the O-line and Carr step up too.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #2
WillisXPress
Rookie

If Carr can get some time you'll have a really potent offense.
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
I think its pretty safe to assume we're taking Bush. So can you imagine the matchup problems our Texans will be able to create w/this offense? Man i can't wait!
2 big physical receivers, a lightning fast, versatile back, and another back w/good vision and versatility as well. Damn i can't wait till next year. Lets just hope the D, the O-line and Carr step up too.
Pretty exciting, but don't leave out Mathis/Walter and Putzier in some combination or another, whether it is a 3 WR set or a 2, lots of speed and talent on the field.
Old 04-04-2006   #4
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Pretty exciting, but don't leave out Mathis/Walter and Putzier in some combination or another, whether it is a 3 WR set or a 2, lots of speed and talent on the field.

Yep, the big lumbering TE going up the middle for the 20 yard gain while the defense frets over the WRs and Bush and DD in the backfield.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Man defensive coordinators are going to go crazy trying to figure out how to defend us
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Man defensive coordinators are going to go crazy trying to figure out how to defend us
For sure. Capers' D over in Miami is gonna be like this when they play us :brickwall LOL
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yes but what have we done for our OWN D????
Old 04-04-2006   #8
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Apparently we're going to outscore everybody, so it's not a major concern...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #9
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
Yes but what have we done for our OWN D????

Switch to 4-3, add a run stuffing DE and MLB as well as some vet depth in Kalu and Rainer.
Old 04-04-2006   #10
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Switch to 4-3, add a run stuffing DE and MLB as well as some vet depth in Kalu and Rainer.
Oh yeah, and that whole "draft" thingy everybody is talking about. I hear the teams take turns picking college players. We might find a player or two there.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #11
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
Oh yeah, and that whole "draft" thingy everybody is talking about. I hear the teams take turns picking college players. We might find a player or two there.

Well, there is also the prospect of having an offense that can stay on the field and put up points on the board. That does tend to benefit your defense somewhat.
Old 04-04-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is great line in Pulp Fiction when the Wolf replies to Jimmy's comment that it doesn't even look like the same car after Jules and Vincent cleaned up the Marvin skull mess.

The line is "Let's not start sXXXXng each other's dXXXX just yet."

All this looks great on paper and they are making good moves, but W's in December and January are what counts and what people remember.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #13
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

can anyone say shootout with colts?
just wishing though
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #14
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I'm not saying my shorts are all creamy yet, but it seems to me that the biggest unknown, or X factor for the 2006 Texans is going to be the offensive pass blocking (I'm assuming a direct relation to Carr's performance). I've said before that we are switching defenses, but in actuality, the defense was so poor last year because the personnel was not suited for the 3-4. With players back in their correct roles, the defense should return to 2004 form and at least be middle of the road. Add that up with an improved run game, less pressure on Carr to make plays, and two possession receivers (with a probable 3rd in Walters) and we have as good a chance to challenge for the wildcard as any team...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #15
titan hater
Veteran

[quote=TreWardTxn]I'm not saying my shorts are all creamy yet, but it seems to me that the biggest unknown, or X factor for the 2006 Texans is going to be the offensive pass blocking (I'm assuming a direct relation to Carr's performance). I've said before that we are switching defenses, but in actuality, the defense was so poor last year because the personnel was not suited for the 3-4. With players back in their correct roles, the defense should return to 2004 form and at least be middle of the road. Add that up with an improved run game, less pressure on Carr to make plays, and two possession receivers (with a probable 3rd in Walters) and we have as good a chance to challenge for the wildcard as any team...[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhh! Please don't start that thread. This time last year most of us thught so....
Old 04-04-2006   #16
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Question

When has Andre Johnson been considered a possession reciever?
Old 04-04-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tupg42k1
can anyone say shootout with colts?
just wishing though
I think we can have a shootout with the colts. If we are going to beat them I think we have the best shot we ever had this year. We gained a lot of good players so ar this offseason and all they did is lose a great RB in Edge.
Old 04-04-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
When has Andre Johnson been considered a possession reciever?
Probably since Pendry decided to always throw him the ball behind the line of scrimmage.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #19
FirstDownMaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
You may want to believe that but it's just not that simple. Defensive coordinators will just turn up the heat on our QB. Unless you protect David Carr & company the other guys won't matter.
FirstDownMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #20
clandestin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDownMaker
You may want to believe that but it's just not that simple. Defensive coordinators will just turn up the heat on our QB. Unless you protect David Carr & company the other guys won't matter.
Enter a succesfully executed screen pass with Reggie Bush on the receiving end with 6'2 210 lb. Eric Moulds or 6'3 219 lb. Andre Johnson blocking for him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read