Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-04-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Leinart leaves Titans 'definitely impressed'

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....604040347/1027

"Matt's very bright, which we expected,'' Reese said. "I think he has a real passion for the game, which is very, very important. And it seems like he has his priorities pretty well squared away, and that is very important, too. On top of that he's a very talented quarterback. I'd say we were definitely impressed.''

Leinart used his USC Pro Day to show NFL scouts what he wanted them to see. The Titans used yesterday to see what they wanted to see from Leinart in private settings.
Old 04-04-2006   #2
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

So Leinart going to Tenn and not VY??

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #3
stonedtexansfan
Rookie

Default Looks good for the Texans

If Leinert is the guy the Titans are wanting to have, it could only help the Texans. The Titans might have to trade up to #1 to make sure the Jets dont leap-frog them to get their guy. Looks like a trade down to #3 might become an option (and we still get Bush).
stonedtexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Titans are not going to tip their hand on what they are going to do or else it could cause the Jets to trade up with NO and take the player they want.

I read somewhere that a scout thinks that Chow wants Leinart, and Fisher and Reese wants VY. Who really knows though.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedtexansfan
IThe Titans might have to trade up to #1 to make sure the Jets dont leap-frog them to get their guy. Looks like a trade down to #3 might become an option (and we still get Bush).
I seriously think the Titans would rather have Bush then Lienart - they are weak at RB as well. Now how sneaky would that be of Bud Adams...
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #6
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

If someone trades up to #1, it will be for Bush.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #7
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags

yep ..... the question is not whether or not Bush will be the first pick ..... it's what team will own the first pick ....
Old 04-04-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Your right, Bush will definately be the #1 pick no matter who has it.
Old 04-04-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to be one of the few folks around here that think Leinart, Young, and Bush could all have great NFL careers.

I still say trade down, tho'....
Old 04-04-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
So Leinart going to Tenn and not VY??
I never had any doubts they'd take Leinart over Vince if both are available, but I also think a couple teams will be looking to trade with New Orleans and grab Leinart ahead of the Titans pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedtexansfan
If Leinert is the guy the Titans are wanting to have, it could only help the Texans. The Titans might have to trade up to #1 to make sure the Jets dont leap-frog them to get their guy. Looks like a trade down to #3 might become an option (and we still get Bush).
I doubt this happens until after the Jets/Saints make this trade, I don't see the Titans trading before they are sure they have to, plus they have said they plan to stay at #3 because they know they can get a great QB there, and they seem to like both Leinart and Vince (and maybe Cutler) a lot, so I don't see them moving up to #1.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep would be sweet to end up with brick or AJ or Huff or the TE from Maryland and a couple of extra high picks in this draft and next. I believe RB is so risky and the fact that there are quite of few blue chippers high this year, no one is going to move up. Everybody can ride out the first round and pick up a pretty good prospect. The guys making out like bandits this year are the guys in the bottom half of the draft. MHO, is they are getting far suprior tallent than in previos years. It is a deep draft from what I read. Seven to ten pro bowlers. A bunch of bule chip staters. I count seven corners. Never know though.
Half a dozen tight ends. Boat load of gaurds.....
I just heard Tenn. has 435k of cap space. Hmmm I wounder how they'll sign
their picks ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
I just heard Tenn. has 435k of cap space. Hmmm I wounder how they'll sign their picks ?
I am pretty sure that is why they are pushing so hard on McNair, they need the money BAD.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Leinart used his USC Pro Day to show NFL scouts what he wanted them to see. The Titans used yesterday to see what they wanted to see from Leinart in private settings.
Here's what I didn't get about Leinart's Pro Day...

He says he didn't run the 40 because everybody knows he's not a "running QB".

So why bother with the vertical jump?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
So why bother with the vertical jump?
Supposedly to show he is more athletic than people gave him credit for. There was a short interview with him during the pro-day and he said they had set up a bunch of the passing to be done off of him moving in the backfield and on the run to show his mobility was good. They then flipped to Jeff Fisher saying he had plenty of mobility.

Basically he wanted to show people he wasn't Drew Bledsoe but wasn't claiming to be Vick either.
Old 04-05-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Supposedly to show he is more athletic than people gave him credit for. There was a short interview with him during the pro-day and he said they had set up a bunch of the passing to be done off of him moving in the backfield and on the run to show his mobility was good. They then flipped to Jeff Fisher saying he had plenty of mobility.

Basically he wanted to show people he wasn't Drew Bledsoe but wasn't claiming to be Vick either.
I saw the passing drills and thought they served their purpose well (displaying his better than advertised mobility). The relevance of those drills directly relate to the QB position which also makes them important.

And I agree with Leinart that there's no point in him running the 40 (I'm not a fan of any player running the 40...what does it prove?).

But I still don't see what having a nice vertical jump has to do with being mobile.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
But I still don't see what having a nice vertical jump has to do with being mobile.
He specifically said at one point he wanted by that to prove he is more athletic than people give him credit for. Doesn't really prove anything additional as a QB--he is probably just tired of internet folks saying he isn't very athletic--struck me as more of an hah, see that kind of thing.
Old 04-05-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I seem to be one of the few folks around here that think Leinart, Young, and Bush could all have great NFL careers.

I still say trade down, tho'....
I agree, but I don't see us trading down. I think the staff of the Texans has been sniffing the RB glue. He is going to be our selection barring someone stepping up and offering something like 3 1st's.
Old 04-05-2006   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure I have read that Norm Chow is dead keen on Leinart...

Fisher and Adams may prefer VInce however....

Someone can confirm or deny that
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I am pretty sure I have read that Norm Chow is dead keen on Leinart...

Fisher and Adams may prefer VInce however....

Someone can confirm or deny that
I don't have a source but I heard something similar. I had heard Norm Chow likes Leinart #1, then Cutler, then Vince right after Cutler, while Fisher and Adams like Leinart and Vince about the same and Cutler a fairly distant 3rd.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read