Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2006   #1
Rovator
Veteran

Default Johnson, Mathis, and Bush split out wide

If we pick him up, this would have to be the fastest group in the league, and maybe one of the fastest trios ever. Speed wise, is there any other group that compares? Maybe Moss, Randle El, and Portis, but wow if we can add Moulds as a sure-handed receiver that knows how to get open, that is a very dangerous group.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

In terms of raw speed, you may be right.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #3
Samer
Veteran

Of course thats fast, maybe a little too fast, they could possibly over run the ball sometimes...
Old 04-03-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If they were the recievers for a Hail Mary play, would the fabric of existence tear?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #5
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

You can be as fast as you want, but if you cannot catch the ball when it is there what is the purpose? I would rather see a 10-15 yard slant and 20-30 yards after the catch. than waste a down throwing it 50 yards downfield and not catch the ball.

I would rather have the trio of the most reliable 3 WR running TIGHT routes so Carr can hopefully be like most good QBs and throw to an area where that WR is suppose to be. That is what a Peyton Manning, Favre does. Favre most of all. He goes through his reads and based on a certain time that WR is to be there making his cuts and he just throws there. He was great when he had WR that were disciplined route runners.

WHo you ask... AJ, Moulds, and Walter in the slot. Those three take the LBs and safeties out of position and bush catches it out of the backfield and goes up the sideline for a 60 yard TD... That is how you get to the playoffs and beyond.

Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan Blue and Orange
You can be as fast as you want, but if you cannot catch the ball when it is there what is the purpose? I would rather see a 10-15 yard slant and 20-30 yards after the catch. than waste a down throwing it 50 yards downfield and not catch the ball.

I would rather have the trio of the most reliable 3 WR running TIGHT routes so Carr can hopefully be like most good QBs and throw to an area where that WR is suppose to be. That is what a Peyton Manning, Favre does. Favre most of all. He goes through his reads and based on a certain time that WR is to be there making his cuts and he just throws there. He was great when he had WR that were disciplined route runners.

WHo you ask... AJ, Moulds, and Walter in the slot. Those three take the LBs and safeties out of position and bush catches it out of the backfield and goes up the sideline for a 60 yard TD... That is how you get to the playoffs and beyond.

Just curious, and not intending to be combative, are you related to or friends with in any way to Walter? I know someone asked you that before, and I missed the answer.

And if you are related in any way, can you help me improve my PSLs?
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #7
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Just curious, and not intending to be combative, are you related to or friends with in any way to Walter? I know someone asked you that before, and I missed the answer.

And if you are related in any way, can you help me improve my PSLs?
Actually I work in IL where he went to high school and coworkers had son's that played on the team and I saw several games and followed his career out of high school, into and through college and now through the draft and Current NFL position.

Not related though, just a fan.

If I ever get down there one day, I wish I had some PSLs for that great stadium. We have some crazy PSLs up here in our new Chicago stadium as well. Some outrageous. I know friends that had 12 seats in the old stadium and to have the same seats in the new stadium would have cost them 100,000 to 125,000 dollars to keep them. THAT SUCKED. Those seats were in thier family for 30+ years.
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2006   #8
el toro
All Pro

I'm more excited by the prospect of AJ and Moulds out wide, with Putzier at TE and Bush lining up in the slot. With DD in the backfield that is quite a set of firepower.

Can't wait for the season to start.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

If the pass protection gets straightened out, we will have the opportunity to create all kinds of matchup nightmares on offense.

Not only can we use that combo to create problems. We can also go tall: AJ, Moulds, Walters, Putzier...

Or, let's get real cute. Joppru and Putzier at TE with AJ... in the backfield we could have Cook and Bush. In that lineup we can run strong from the eye formation if they play us 8 in the box. Or, we can throw over top, using Bush in motion- he'd certainly be guarded by a safety or LB, which would leave both TEs in favorable matchups as well.

Man, the possibilities are endless!... IF WE GET PASS PROTECTION
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
I'm more excited by the prospect of AJ and Moulds out wide, with Putzier at TE and Bush lining up in the slot. With DD in the backfield that is quite a set of firepower.

Can't wait for the season to start.
Absolutely. Defensive Coordinators will by the end of the season say to their teams "*shrug*, well... they sure as heck aren't the '05 Texans.... maybe next time we will be better prepared."

Old 04-03-2006   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Favre goes through his reads and based on a certain time that WR is to be there making his cuts and he just throws there straight into the hands of the opposition for game killing picks.... 29 of them last year....

I really don't think we put Favre in the disciplined passer group with the likes of a Peyton Manning.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #12
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
Favre goes through his reads and based on a certain time that WR is to be there making his cuts and he just throws there straight into the hands of the opposition for game killing picks.... 29 of them last year....

I really don't think we put Favre in the disciplined passer group with the likes of a Peyton Manning.

Let me slow it down for you...

I said Favre is a spot thrower. And even with all the weapons Peyton has NO SUPERBOWL!!! Favre has been there twice and one 1. And that was with players like Edge, Harrison, Stokley, etc.

I know I have had to watch him in game situations at least two times a year in person when they play the Bears. I can say I am an EXPERT on Favre. All I know is my *SS will stop hurting now that he is going to retire.

The reason he has so many interceptions is because his young undisciplined route running WRs (especially when BABY Walker went down) were not making tigh routes when he was throwing there, that is where they are suppose to be. I put him in the same league as Peyton because of how good a QB he is/was.

I hate Favre as a Bears fan, but love him and respect him as a Football fan. Anyone who really knows the game should.
Old 04-03-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would rather have the trio of the most reliable 3 WR running TIGHT routes so Carr can hopefully be like most good QBs and throw to an area where that WR is suppose to be...
I agree - another deep threat, a pass catching TE, and Bush coming out of the backfield - all of these require defensive attention. Dre will finally be able to use his speed and power to break one tackle on the slant route and be gone, among other options.
Old 04-03-2006   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Let me slow it down for you...

I said Favre is a spot thrower. And even with all the weapons Peyton has NO SUPERBOWL!!! Favre has been there twice and one 1. And that was with players like Edge, Harrison, Stokley, etc.

I know I have had to watch him in game situations at least two times a year in person when they play the Bears. I can say I am an EXPERT on Favre. All I know is my *SS will stop hurting now that he is going to retire.

The reason he has so many interceptions is because his young undisciplined route running WRs (especially when BABY Walker went down) were not making tigh routes when he was throwing there, that is where they are suppose to be. I put him in the same league as Peyton because of how good a QB he is/was.

I hate Favre as a Bears fan, but love him and respect him as a Football fan. Anyone who really knows the game should.
A number of us worried last year when they announced that the Texans were going to employ more timing routes. Now we find out that they perhaps jetesoned the play book before the start of the season. Was the reason why they knew our receivers as a whole couldn't run routes well. Also the one who supposidly could, Gaffny, was out with injuries at that point.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #15
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I agree - another deep threat, a pass catching TE, and Bush coming out of the backfield - all of these require defensive attention. Dre will finally be able to use his speed and power to break one tackle on the slant route and be gone, among other options.

Now that is FOOTBALL!!!!
Old 04-04-2006   #16
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

I agree, the possibilities are endless.

My only question is, can we snap directly to those guys as to keep the ball out of Carr's hands? That's the only way I see those guys getting the ball on a frequent basis.

Old 04-04-2006   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I agree, the possibilities are endless.

My only question is, can we snap directly to those guys as to keep the ball out of Carr's hands? That's the only way I see those guys getting the ball on a frequent basis.

It's the rantings of all ignorant football fans. When the team struggles the ignorant fan always blames the QB. When the team is successful the QB usually receives too much credit. If you threw Peyton Manning behind our center last year with Pendry calling the plays and Bradford running the routes, we would be in position to draft Reggie Bush this year.

Carr didn't play well last year. However, the team's failures were not primarily due to his. Give him a chance. He had improved markedly each of his first three seasons. If he improves from his season 3 performance, we'll have one of the better QBs in the league on our team.
Old 04-04-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
It's the rantings of all ignorant football fans. When the team struggles the ignorant fan always blames the QB. When the team is successful the QB usually receives too much credit. If you threw Peyton Manning behind our center last year with Pendry calling the plays and Bradford running the routes, we would be in position to draft Reggie Bush this year.
Carr didn't play well last year. However, the team's failures were not primarily due to his. Give him a chance. He had improved markedly each of his first three seasons. If he improves from his season 3 performance, we'll have one of the better QBs in the league on our team.
An often repeated mantra of the Carr lover.....I dont believe this is true. If you put peyton manning in a texans uniform, he is still peyton mannning. His recievers dont make him, he makes his recievers. He will make smart football plays, which David Carr doesnt do. At what point do david carr's failures belong to David Carr?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
An often repeated mantra of the Carr lover.....I dont believe this is true. If you put peyton manning in a texans uniform, he is still peyton mannning. His recievers dont make him, he makes his recievers. He will make smart football plays, which David Carr doesnt do. At what point do david carr's failures belong to David Carr?

As I said, Carr played poorly last year. His failures are his. However, the team's failures aren't all his and that's what you don't understand. Of course Peyton is a better Qb than Carr. However, he wouldn't have succeeded in last year's environment either. That's the point. Anyone that understands football and has an open mind could watch the offense last year and realize that the problems go way beyond the QB play. Other than John Elway in his prime, I can't think of a QB that could've looked even average in that environment. Look what happened to Peyton against Pittsburgh in the playoff game this year. He got hit a few times and some assignments were missed and he went nuts. He blamed his OLine for the struggles. Interesting, huh!
Old 04-04-2006   #20
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy

took the words right out of my mouth.....my other thought was if line up with AJ, Mathis, Reggie and say Moulds isn't that inviting Carr to be sacked......?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read