Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-03-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Ferguson

is there still any reason to get ferguson after bushs workout???
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

When there's a special once in a decade player like Reggie Bush available, you don't pass up on him. We can solve our O-line problems in the later rounds of the draft.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhm... D'Brick is only an option if there were a beneficial tradedown to a lower pick. Other than that, Kubiak will probably focus on Reggie Bush, with Vince Young as an option behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
When there's a special once in a decade player like Reggie Bush available, you don't pass up on him. We can solve our O-line problems in the later rounds of the draft.
Agreed.
Old 04-03-2006   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
Without a trade down, no there is no reason to draft Ferguson...Even after a trade down, the only way we select Ferguson is if Williams is gone...
Old 04-03-2006   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Without a trade down, no there is no reason to draft Ferguson...Even after a trade down, the only way we select Ferguson is if Williams is gone...

I was in favor of drafting Ferguson #1 until recently. I now realize that Bush is one of those rare players that only appear every 8 or 10 years. He is Tony Dorsett, Barry Sanders, Bo jackson, Herschel Walker. I don't think Ferguson is. Ferguson has the measurables but hasn't been the dominate player that demands the confidence required to draft someone #1. I'm still a fan of the trade down, but I'd want good value for it.

Also, with our zone blocking system and this year's draft, guys like Winston and Colledge will likely be available for us later in the draft. They would fit our system very well.

Bush is our man. I will hope that his achilles tendons, AC ligaments, and spinal cords are in excellent shape and will remain intact throughout his career. Oh yeah, I guess I should worry about that little tendon on the top of his big toe- that thing causes problems as well.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #6
Samer
Veteran

With the way Bush worked out there, I can now see more teams wanting to get ahold of him, trading down is still a good possibility
Old 04-03-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm not convinced that D'Brick is much better than Winston Justice
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2006   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tlmn
Once again I have to tell ya'll that it's all about VY not Bush. Ya'll all over him after his Pro Day but yet ya'll were the same after VY's Pro Day also....whats the deal?! Look dudes we draftin' VY just get over it and suck it up.

Who was all over VY? I certainly wasn't. I like him. I think he has some intangibles that give me optimism that he could become a great player. However, he is a long, long ways away from being able to play QB in the NFL. That's why many pro scouts have him graded out as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. Believe me, if he was will/eager to move to WR, I'd definitely be interested in him in the first 15 picks of the draft.
Old 04-04-2006   #9
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tlmn
Once again I have to tell ya'll that it's all about VY not Bush. Ya'll all over him after his Pro Day but yet ya'll were the same after VY's Pro Day also....whats the deal?! Look dudes we draftin' VY just get over it and suck it up.
The topic is about D'Brickashaw Ferguson, not Vince Young. We won't we drafting Vince Young. You can want it with all your heart and soul, but it won't happen. You can throw his name into every thread on every message board in the whole wide world wide web, regardless of the original topic and it won't change the Texan's draft position.

April 29th should offer closure. I hope you accept it.

As for Ferguson, I think Winston Justice proved that there is more than one elite OT in the draft this year. Still think Ferguson goes top 4 or 5.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad
As for Ferguson, I think Winston Justice proved that there is more than one elite OT in the draft this year. Still think Ferguson goes top 4 or 5.
I've always thought that if Ferguson's first name was "Joe" he wouldn't be elite in so many people's minds.
Old 04-04-2006   #11
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

neither VY not D'Brick is coming here!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Forget Fergie. Draft Eric Winston and put him in as RT. Move Bump Wade to guard. Sack Pitts. Insert Wand. Then We will have

Wand -- Wade -- Flanagan -- Weigert -- Winston

All we need left is trade Flanagan for Woody from the Lions. Then we couldn't lose. We'd be all W's.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Forget Fergie. Draft Eric Winston and put him in as RT. Move Bump Wade to guard. Sack Pitts. Insert Wand. Then We will have

Wand -- Wade -- Flanagan -- Weigert -- Winston

All we need left is trade Flanagan for Woody from the Lions. Then we couldn't lose. We'd be all W's.
Just move Weary to center.
Old 04-04-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Who was all over VY? I certainly wasn't. I like him. I think he has some intangibles that give me optimism that he could become a great player. However, he is a long, long ways away from being able to play QB in the NFL. That's why many pro scouts have him graded out as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. Believe me, if he was will/eager to move to WR, I'd definitely be interested in him in the first 15 picks of the draft.

What??? Are you insane?? Show me ONE place where somebody has vince going in the late first/early second. One time. So you dont want to draft him as a quarterback, but you'd spend a HIGH FIRST ROUND pick on him as a wide reciever, a position he has never played? This post was ridiculous

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
What??? Are you insane?? Show me ONE place where somebody has vince going in the late first/early second. One time. So you dont want to draft him as a quarterback, but you'd spend a HIGH FIRST ROUND pick on him as a wide reciever, a position he has never played? This post was ridiculous

You can go to dallasnews.com where Gosselin has him listed as the 3rd Qb... Check out some of the things Mike Mayock has said on the NFL channel. You can probably get that material on NFL.com.

Matt Jones had never played WR and was drafted in the first round as a WR. So I don't think that is a ridiculous idea. Young is an incredible athlete and playmaker. His agility, heighth, ball skills would all be things that would make him a special WR, IMO.
Old 04-04-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can go to dallasnews.com where Gosselin has him listed as the 3rd Qb... Check out some of the things Mike Mayock has said on the NFL channel. You can probably get that material on NFL.com.

Matt Jones had never played WR and was drafted in the first round as a WR. So I don't think that is a ridiculous idea. Young is an incredible athlete and playmaker. His agility, heighth, ball skills would all be things that would make him a special WR, IMO.

Not what i said...a lot of people have him interchangable as the #1-#3 qb, i've STILL Never seen him fall below 10 in any mock draft. show me any mock draft where vince has fallen into round 2. You cant......i doubt very seriouly you can find one where he has fallen below 15

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-04-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
No, but after Winston Justice's workout, maybe you get Justice instead of
Ferguson if you're given a choice between those two.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not what i said...a lot of people have him interchangable as the #1-#3 qb, i've STILL Never seen him fall below 10 in any mock draft. show me any mock draft where vince has fallen into round 2. You cant......i doubt very seriouly you can find one where he has fallen below 15
I didn't say that Mock drafts had him going late in the first round or early in the second. I said that some scouts/experts had him rated as a late first to early second round player. There is a difference. The Mock draft is predicting what teams will do not where the player is rated. It is believed by many that Oakland will draft VY, not because he is the 7th best player on their boards, but because they think Oakland wants him.

So, if you want to check out Mayock's comments, feel free. Or check out Gosselin who has him rated as the #3 QB. There are others as well. However, I don't need to research that which I already know.
Old 04-04-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
I didn't say that Mock drafts had him going late in the first round or early in the second. I said that some scouts/experts had him rated as a late first to early second round player. There is a difference. The Mock draft is predicting what teams will do not where the player is rated. It is believed by many that Oakland will draft VY, not because he is the 7th best player on their boards, but because they think Oakland wants him.

So, if you want to check out Mayock's comments, feel free. Or check out Gosselin who has him rated as the #3 QB. There are others as well. However, I don't need to research that which I already know.

OKay, i'll try it again. Show me one draft where they have him graded as "a late first-second round player"

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 04-04-2006   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
OKay, i'll try it again. Show me one draft where they have him graded as "a late first-second round player"
I have a dial-up connection so I'm not going to try and download Mike Mayock's comments, but you're welcome to research it yourself if you'd like.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read