Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-03-2006   #1
KSig44
Veteran

Default Do you understand what Bush can do in the NFL?

when was the last time a running back rushed for 1000 and caught 1000 yards in a season? It has happened, but it's rare. He is that kind of player. He doesn't have suspect hands. He isn't slow. HE IS THAT SPECIAL!!! And before you start saying it can't/won't happen that is only 63 yards a game on both ends. VERY OBTAINABLE!!! I swear, if Bush was the one from Houston and went to Texas this wouldn't even be a argument. But those with orange tinted glasses keep pressing the issue. Never mind the fact most if not all draft services have Bush the first player on the board and Young the 2-3 best QB. Needless to say I can't wait for the 29th when Bush is selected and we can focus on something else.:brickwall
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #2
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

He could do that, he could also, like most RB his size, be injury prone and not make a whole season! Too small! 4.41 40 on track in spikes LOL
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #3
KSig44
Veteran

And VY, like most scrambling QB's, be injured half the games in a year. Reggie is betetr built than any smaller RB's that have come out. I will take my chances.
Old 04-03-2006   #4
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

right too small ask tiki Barber who is the same size, ask warrick dunn orr barry sanders who were both smaller backs?

4.41 40 time so you're just picking the slowest possible time? then give VY something in the 4.6 range
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you understand what Reggie Bush has shown himself capable of doing in the NFL??

NOTHING.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

what Kiwi said. Im stoked that we might be getting Bush, but im not gonna proclaim his greatness yet . #1 pick or #255 pick.. a rookie is a rookie.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #7
KSig44
Veteran

Yeah, same as VY, but these posts are all pure speculation anyways, aren't they.
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2006   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
Do you understand what Reggie Bush has shown himself capable of doing in the NFL??

NOTHING.
Same with VY. So we are at a stalemate.

However, look at how many scouts have Reggie Bush rated as the highest player to come out in years. I think you would be hard pressed to find many scouts that would rate Young over Bush. The scouts are sometimes wrong, but I'd take one of them over 100 of us in evaluating players...in a heartbeat.
Old 04-03-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan

NOTHING.
Thats goes for every prospect in the upcoming draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #10
Caesar
Veteran

Do you understand which positions we need more than we do a running back?

ALL OF THEM!
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

You dont use the #1 pick for a need. You take the BPA.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I drafted a RB with like 78 speed and 56 catch in Madden, and he scored something like 2000 rushing yards and 1200 receiving yards. In 5 games.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #13
BeReal
Rookie

I can't wait to play with Bush in Madden '06!

LOL, I said "I can't wait to play with Bush..." Sorry, I know it's stupid.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #14
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

When Reggie played UT,what exactly did he do? UT defense was very good and who did all the damage? L.White, that's who. Ohio State had a great defense( I believe thier linebackers will be drafted in the first round).What did Vince do to them ?Does anyone remember that game?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible
When Reggie played UT,what exactly did he do? UT defense was very good and who did all the damage? L.White, that's who. Ohio State had a great defense( I believe thier linebackers will be drafted in the first round).What did Vince do to them ?Does anyone remember that game?

What did Bush do against Texas? Not only did he have 170 yards and a touchdown, but because Texas was focusing on him, other players on his team had great games.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #16
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible
I had the pleasure of witnessing the incredible Rose Bowl of 2005, and I saw two incredible teams battling it out in every aspect of the game. I also witnessed a "non-producing" Bush produce 82yards rushing (6.3yard avg) with a rushing TD and 95yards on 6 rec (avg of 15.8YARDS!!!!). I admit he was definitely SHUT DOWN (SARCASM). He also would have had a 2nd rushing TD, but attempted to do too much by lateralling to a FB who couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it. And I also believe, before you attack his maturity or whatever you might come up with, that VY did the exact same thing on the next drive, except he got away with a clearly evident forward lateral. I am not arguing that VY had a worse game than Bush in anyway, all I am saying is your claims that Bush was shut down by Texas are false.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #17
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
yeah we should also change our name to the Houston University of Texas Texans
I got a drinking problem! I blame CC.
Old 04-03-2006   #18
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

and i also believe that VY only had an avg of 3.2 yards per carry against the Buckeyes
Old 04-03-2006   #19
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
I had the pleasure of witnessing the incredible Rose Bowl of 2005, and I saw two incredible teams battling it out in every aspect of the game. I also witnessed a "non-producing" Bush produce 82yards rushing (6.3yard avg) with a rushing TD and 95yards on 6 rec (avg of 15.8YARDS!!!!). I admit he was definitely SHUT DOWN (SARCASM). He also would have had a 2nd rushing TD, but attempted to do too much by lateralling to a FB who couldn't catch a ball if his life depended on it. And I also believe, before you attack his maturity or whatever you might come up with, that VY did the exact same thing on the next drive, except he got away with a clearly evident forward lateral. I am not arguing that VY had a worse game than Bush in anyway, all I am saying is your claims that Bush was shut down by Texas are false.
NEVER said he was shutdown. I think the guy is going to be very good.Before the game even began, people we saying he was going to run over UT. He did not dominate. I just believe Vince will be better. Ohio State game ? Anyone???
Old 04-03-2006   #20
wolf123
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
and i also believe that VY only had an avg of 3.2 yards per carry against the Buckeyes
like i said

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read