Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-03-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Cool We're gonna get Bush!

Face it yall!

Bush is coming and there is nothing you VY fans can do to stop it!

So stop it you 's

You want a winning team don't you???

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #2
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

Default We got Young!

Ha Ha Ha
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #3
Caesar
Veteran

Quote:
You want a winning team don't you???
Yes, which is why I oppose taking Bush.
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to put fallacies to use. I'd hate to read your persusive essays.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

if we take Bush... we will pick in the top 5 next season
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #6
KSig44
Veteran

Default I swear...

I have said it before and I will say it again. If Reggie Bush wore burnt orange for his college career, this wouldn't even be an argument. But you out there can't look past your college loyalties for what is best for the Texans RIGHT NOW!!! How does drafting a QB, who isn't even the top QB, with the first pick and letting him sit for 2-3 years help the Texans RIGHT NOW? And why fight for the QB, there is more credibility in fighting for a Ferguson/Hawk/Williams. A bench player WILL NOT HELP US!!! Can't wait for the 29th when this will all be over.:brickwall
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

amen, brother
Old 04-04-2006   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
I have said it before and I will say it again. If Reggie Bush wore burnt orange for his college career, this wouldn't even be an argument. But you out there can't look past your college loyalties for what is best for the Texans RIGHT NOW!!! How does drafting a QB, who isn't even the top QB, with the first pick and letting him sit for 2-3 years help the Texans RIGHT NOW? And why fight for the QB, there is more credibility in fighting for a Ferguson/Hawk/Williams. A bench player WILL NOT HELP US!!! Can't wait for the 29th when this will all be over.:brickwall
So how many draft Vince Young post's are you going to start today?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #9
BeReal
Rookie

I'm guessing none??? I think he's for drafting Bush, as am I. Unless I'm missing something here?
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #10
KSig44
Veteran

I am for drafting a talent that will help the overall team immediatly. And since we are down to Bush and VY I support Bush. Truthfully, I would rather have Ferguson, but Bush is to good to pa ss up.
Old 04-04-2006   #11
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

We don't have enough RB posts.....can we make some more??? I did my part!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Please don't encourage this sort of thing. I think the endless deluge of new Bush Young threads need to be euthanized on the spot.
Old 04-04-2006   #13
KSig44
Veteran

So Royce, taking a QB to sit the bench will make more of a differance than a RB that can move around the field?

Just more pro-young propaganda.
Old 04-04-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So Royce, taking a QB to sit the bench will make more of a differance than a RB that can move around the field?

Just more pro-young propaganda.

Your like a reverse-monarch without the writing flair, style, or intelligence

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #15
KSig44
Veteran

Who cares about flair, I make my point. No need to sugar coat it.

And just because I am on the other side I lack intelligence? Is taking the 2-3 best QB first overall smart?
Old 04-04-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who cares about flair, I make my point. No need to sugar coat it.

And just because I am on the other side I lack intelligence? Is taking the 2-3 best QB first overall smart?
No, your blindness of throwing everyone who supports vince young under the label of "homer" is why you lack intelligence. I beleive MOST of the people on the board recognize there are varying reasons for supporting one of these 2 prospects, and to dismiss a good 4 months worth of arguements by saying "you only want him because he went to UT", is stupid.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #17
KSig44
Veteran

It's because you pro VY supporters as a whole totally want to downplay any Bush accomplishments, make his numbers not as spectacular, but can't give a good reason why the Texans, a team that wants to win immediatly, should focus on a QB that will ride pine for two years over a true offensive threat that will play this year. plus, just based on experts and draft value, it makes no sense to draft VY at #1, and yet the pro VY camp still fights.

Plus your name doesn't help your argument SWT.
Old 04-04-2006   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
No, your blindness of throwing everyone who supports vince young under the label of "homer" is why you lack intelligence. I beleive MOST of the people on the board recognize there are varying reasons for supporting one of these 2 prospects, and to dismiss a good 4 months worth of arguements by saying "you only want him because he went to UT", is stupid.

If it's not about homerism, why aren't we flooded with "draft Jay Cutler" threads or "draft Matt Leinert" threads. The majority of NFL scouts have at least one of those guys rated ahead of VYoung, if not both. Is it just a coincidence that so many people here in Texas see it so differently than everyone else.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
If it's not about homerism, why aren't we flooded with "draft Jay Cutler" threads or "draft Matt Leinert" threads. The majority of NFL scouts have at least one of those guys rated ahead of VYoung, if not both. Is it just a coincidence that so many people here in Texas see it so differently than everyone else.
When are Leinart and Cutler coming in or are we going to visit them?
Old 04-04-2006   #20
KSig44
Veteran

They're not, but with this supposed "need" at QB we should bring them in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read