Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006   #1
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default Do NFL players wear track spikes during the game, or play on a runners track surface?

ESPN claims Bush ran 4.33-4.37 electronic time, and scouts had him at 4.37 to 4.41. Bush ran on a state of the art track, as in olympic track and field track not a lane of astro turf, in track cleats! HMMMM does Dom Davis play on Sunday in track cleats? Just so every pro-Bush person knows that 4.33 is right on the money, but due to the fact that he ran on a track in spikes is going to down grade that 40 time by at least a tenth of a second so you are looking at 4.43 to 4.47. This is why the NFL should move to a standard on training surfaces. The athletes at Texas ran on a strip of slow turf in football cleats, no wonder there 40 times were so dang off! Plus Electric times report accurate times, and they are much faster than the hand held times. It is not Bushes fault, props to the guy, but to evaluate his performance and try to caompare it to the rest of the playing field is so off. Most teams will have him run on grass/turf in football cleats, I wish we could get those recorded times!
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 45,108
Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This would be an interesting post if it were directed at the artificial surface/whatever shoes you want combine. As it is, it looks like a comment against a particular player.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #3
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default Vince over Bush any day of the week! Say no to track spikes.

Bush ran on a track in sprinters spikes, ran two at 4.33 and 4.37 electronic which is much faster than the 4.38 and 4.41 hand times recorded. Oh, and NFL games are not played in spikes on state of the art track surfaces built to make you run fast. He is 5'10.5 combine height 202 lbs he is to small, won't last a season, and dropped balls (plural) at reciever thrown by his boy Matt Leinart so their goes those can't miss hands. 24 benches is great, but when your arms are 24 inches long bench presses can be decieving compared to OL and DT with 34 inch arms benching 26 times. You look at Vince you get 6'4.75 228, ran a 40 in hand made times between 4.48 to 5.58 on a slow narrow piece of astro turf in football cleats, translation a solid 4.40 to 4.45 on a track with sprinting cleats and electric timing. Either way that is super fast for a QB. You get a guy who scouts reviewed as having a strong arm strenght with very good accuracy 50 of 55 passing. Matt Leinart, 36 of 45 passing (the top QB LOL) was reported as having adequate arm strenght, with good but not great accuracy. Vince brings great size, arm strenght, speed and leadership to one of the Texans weakest positions, The QB! Don't expect to see Bush on the back of any Texans Jerseys he will want some ungodly amount of money for a position that is already filled Dom Davis. Vince wants to be here more than Bush, all bush wants is to be the number one pick he does not care about coming to Houston. Bush says we already have a good QB, hey Bush have you seen his numbers who the heck are you kidding, we do however have a great running back. I say give the damn first pick to Bush, trade that pick off to someone who can afford to pay that premium for a dwarf, and take Vince Young!
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #4
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA ....... Man u know what .....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA..... never mind thats just ridiculous
 
Old 04-03-2006   #5
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

OHHH did I hit a nerve!
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame
 
ledzeppelin229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spring / San Marcos, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 6,829
Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default

Damn man, are you trying to get witness protection for Bush before he even gets here? That's the most pathetic post I've ever read, and I thought I had seen some homers. Hell, maybe Vince needs some FBI protection as well. Hope his address is unlisted.

I can't even address all of that..like whiskey said, that's just ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
godzmn young fomkss are slow. they can all kissmy ass.

ledzeppelin229 is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame
 
ledzeppelin229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spring / San Marcos, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 6,829
Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default

What did Vince Young run on/in? Considering you were probably hiding in the bushes with binoculars, you should be able to tell us pretty accurately.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
godzmn young fomkss are slow. they can all kissmy ass.

ledzeppelin229 is offline  
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2006   #8
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

I can see it already, once vince is drafted all the California guys who come on these threads will move off to the Jets web site and Texans can enjoy having a california free blog! I am so glad he ran in spikes on a track, just shows that california mind set!
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #9
wolf123
All Pro
 
wolf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 722
Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Texas
ESPN claims Bush ran 4.33-4.37 electronic time, and scouts had him at 4.37 to 4.41. Bush ran on a state of the art track, as in olympic track and field track not a lane of astro turf, in track cleats! HMMMM does Dom Davis play on Sunday in track cleats? Just so every pro-Bush person knows that 4.33 is right on the money, but due to the fact that he ran on a track in spikes is going to down grade that 40 time by at least a tenth of a second so you are looking at 4.43 to 4.47. This is why the NFL should move to a standard on training surfaces. The athletes at Texas ran on a strip of slow turf in football cleats, no wonder there 40 times were so dang off! Plus Electric times report accurate times, and they are much faster than the hand held times. It is not Bushes fault, props to the guy, but to evaluate his performance and try to caompare it to the rest of the playing field is so off. Most teams will have him run on grass/turf in football cleats, I wish we could get those recorded times!
Actually, it has been stated that a hand held time can actually be faster than an electronic timer. These timers tend to anticipate the players crossing in an effort to gage an accuarte time, and therefore can stop the timer prematurely; but the opposite is also true. Basically, electronic times ARE more accurate, but simply implying that VY's and other Texas' players times were all recorded slower is a weak argument and demands NO validity. That being said, I do agree with your point of the track shoes/running track.

It should also be mentioned that Bush was also clocked at 4.25, but his time was adjusted to 4.33 in comparison to the slow-turf at the combine
wolf123 is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #10
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Texas
I can see it already, once vince is drafted all the California guys who come on these threads will move off to the Jets web site and Texans can enjoy having a california free blog! I am so glad he ran in spikes on a track, just shows that california mind set!
Who's from cal.? I've lived in Texas for 41 years(all my life).oh never mind I know Drafting a guy from here will help the team more than the best player available.Thats why you would never own,coach,or pass out towels for a Pro football team.P.S. come by on April 29th i'm cooking crow for all you VY homers.
 
Old 04-03-2006   #11
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Any time a person puts a factual perspective out, Pro-BUSH people come in with their Sarcastic comments. When people look at the world from a different perspective than the Por-Bush Clan they can not respond with strong arguments, only sacastic replies. You wanna know why, because they know its the truth and is killing them. When we take Vince it is going to tear them up but hey, at least the Texans will finnaly have a QB who can break a tackle and scramble out of the pocket.
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #12
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
Actually, it has been stated that a hand held time can actually be faster than an electronic timer. These timers tend to anticipate the players crossing in an effort to gage an accuarte time, and therefore can stop the timer prematurely; but the opposite is also true. Basically, electronic times ARE more accurate, but simply implying that VY's and other Texas' players times were all recorded slower is a weak argument and demands NO validity. That being said, I do agree with your point of the track shoes/running track.

It should also be mentioned that Bush was also clocked at 4.25, but his time was adjusted to 4.33 in comparison to the slow-turf at the combine


Sure it WAS, and Bush sprung over the stadium wall after passing the finnish line. LOL 4.25 ha ha ha who was timing that Coach Carrol LOL
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #13
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Texas
Sure it WAS, and Bush sprung over the stadium wall after passing the finnish line. LOL 4.25 ha ha ha who was timing that Coach Carrol LOL
You saw it too no one believed me! Did ya see VY crying in the background?
 
Old 04-03-2006   #14
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
You saw it too no one believed me! Did ya see VY crying in the background?
You were there too, did you see those tears of joy. It was really neat to see the Texans present their contract purposal to Vince made me cry.
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #15
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
Who's from cal.? I've lived in Texas for 41 years(all my life).oh never mind I know Drafting a guy from here will help the team more than the best player available.Thats why you would never own,coach,or pass out towels for a Pro football team.P.S. come by on April 29th i'm cooking crow for all you VY homers.
A 41 year old man acting like he is 18, how cool, life must be great, HA HA HA 41 LOL
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #16
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah 1year $1
 
Old 04-03-2006   #17
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame
 
ledzeppelin229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spring / San Marcos, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 6,829
Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default

Yea, I was born in Spring and lived there until coming to San Marcos for school. No California bias in me. In fact, I have concerns about Bush as well. I just see a mental list of "rational concerns" and "irrational concerns". I also have a list of "homers that joined the board a few days ago" that gets bigger ever day.

41 acting 18 is no worse than 26 acting 12.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
godzmn young fomkss are slow. they can all kissmy ass.

ledzeppelin229 is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #18
TexansCanes
All Pro
 
TexansCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: LSU
Age: 27
Posts: 600
Rep Power: 11 TexansCanes is ridin' the pine
Default

i don't think people are saying he had a great workout because of just his forty time, cause hey we all have seen him play and know he is fast. i think his 24 reps and 40 inch vert are more impressive and tells you what kind of athlete he is. plus they say his work out as a wr was very good as well so don't get to caught up on his forty time and the only reason we are going to draft him is because he can a 4.33. plus historically hand held times are usually faster and why more people look at combine times becuase they are electronically timed therefore more accurate.
__________________
"He's a bad dude, I'd like to have him in our arsenal. I'd never run the ball."
TexansCanes is offline  
Old 04-03-2006   #19
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Texas
A 41 year old man acting like he is 18, how cool, life must be great, HA HA HA 41 LOL
Actually it is,My Favorite team getting the #1 player!!!! LIFE IS GREAT
 
Old 04-03-2006   #20
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran
 
Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 340
Rep Power: 9 Frank_The_Tank is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
i don't think people are saying he had a great workout because of just his forty time, cause hey we all have seen him play and know he is fast. i think his 24 reps and 40 inch vert are more impressive and tells you what kind of athlete he is. plus they say his work out as a wr was very good as well so don't get to caught up on his forty time and the only reason we are going to draft him is because he can a 4.33. plus historically hand held times are usually faster and why more people look at combine times becuase they are electronically timed therefore more accurate.
Yea they are faster, thats why his hand held time was slower than his electronic time LOL WOW
Frank_The_Tank is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger