Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-02-2006   #1
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bush Thursday/Young Friday Visits

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- The wooing of Reggie Bush by the Houston Texans, already an ardent courtship by the franchise which owns the top overall selection in the draft, will progress to the next level later this week. ESPN.com has learned that the Southern California tailback and Heisman Trophy winner will meet with Texans officials, including owner Bob McNair, in Houston on Thursday. As part of a full day of activities, Bush's agent, Joel Segal, will huddle with Dan Ferens, who handles the Texans' contract negotiations.
Because they hold the top pick in the April 29 draft, the Texans may commence contract negotiations at any point and may, in fact, speak with more than one player. It is not known if the Texans will initiate talks with Segal on Thursday, but it will not be surprising if the two sides use the meeting to get some sort of feel for each other's financial expectations.
Sources confirmed the Texans will meet Friday with quarterback Vince Young. Unlike Bush, the University of Texas star will perform on-field drills for the Texans staff.
The Texans, who aren't likely to trade the first pick, prefer to have the No. 1 choice under contract, or at least with a contract agreement, before the draft begins.
Bush will not do any on-field drills on Thursday. Instead, the day will be more of a get-acquainted visit, in which Bush will meet with coaches and team officials. That process has already begun, as Bush dined on Saturday night with Texans officials at a Beverly Hills steak house.
I do hope they discuss contract parameters. So we'll see what type of cap hit this pick will take.
Old 04-02-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow...any article that starts with the words wooing is not worth reading in my book

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #3
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
wow...any article that starts with the words wooing is not worth reading in my book
Any post written by you I take with the same regard.
Old 04-02-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Looks like Reggie might be leaving with a contract in hand or at least the start of a negotiation.

Why else would we be bringing him in but not to do any drills?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Any post written by you I take with the same regard.

what'd i do to you?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-02-2006   #6
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Looks like Reggie might be leaving with a contract in hand or at least the start of a negotiation.

Why else would we be bringing him in but not to do any drills?
I was hoping they would have him do drills. I'm not exactly sure why they aren't.
Old 04-02-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They have probably seen enough. I was kind of hoping that he would do some drills with Carr.
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2006   #8
tiger06
Veteran

I'd like to think that we've made up our mind and go with Bush #1 and get him to agree to a contract, but bringing in Young still worries me. Seems like more of a courtesy/appeasement to all the Texas fans though. I hope so.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Lately I've been seeing a lot of article quotes with no links provided.

Please - everyone - link your quotes.
Old 04-02-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
I'd like to think that we've made up our mind and go with Bush #1 and get him to agree to a contract, but bringing in Young still worries me. Seems like more of a courtesy/appeasement to all the Texas fans though. I hope so.
That is exactly what it is... the coaches can never say that they didnt "try" to look into VYs potential. With this drill, they will nod and smile. But the negotations will have taken place a day before, when Reggie was there playing Madden 06 with Coachiak.
Old 04-02-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Bringing him in just to meet with McNair and the coaching staff is a pretty telling sign of what is going on. You would think that if they still were undecided on what to do, they would have both Reggie and Vince work out. Like I said earlier, I think that they have seen enough to make their decision. Kubiak has said that he has watched every single game that Reggie has played in multiple times, they had dinner with him last night, and they watched him put on a show today. To me this sounds like they have done all of the football related work on Reggie and that they are bringing him in to meet with McNair (after all it is his money). They almost have to bring Vince in. Just so they can say that they did all of their homework and put him through all of the tests. It would look really bad in the eyes of the Longhorn faithful if they simply ignored him and didn't give him a chance.
Old 04-02-2006   #12
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Lately I've been seeing a lot of article quotes with no links provided.

Please - everyone - link your quotes.
One would assume since it had espn.com in the article it's from there, but for the exact link...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2394532
Old 04-02-2006   #13
LoneStarState
Veteran

Bob Allen said that the Texans will take Bush - even asked Reggie about house shopping... Big meeting on Thursday!
Old 04-02-2006   #14
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Reggie was there playing Madden 06 with Coachiak.
Alright With the Coachiak !!!!! Woo hooo
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #15
MLB
Rookie

It is entirely possible that the Texans are bringing in Vince to scout him out in the very real possible case that the Titans draft him. They would then have to compete against him twice a year for a long time. What better way of getting to know the competition?
MLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB
It is entirely possible that the Texans are bringing in Vince to scout him out in the very real possible case that the Titans draft him. They would then have to compete against him twice a year for a long time. What better way of getting to know the competition?
So there isn't enough game film on vince young so they can adequately SCOUT him??? geez.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 04-03-2006   #17
KSig44
Veteran

Wouldn't they bring in Lienart also since it is possible he can go to Tennessee?
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #18
MLB
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
Wouldn't they bring in Lienart also since it is possible he can go to Tennessee?
There is no "ligitimate" reason the Texans would have to scout Lienart. And no, game films do not always tell you everything about a person. There is always something to learn.
MLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #19
KSig44
Veteran

I was being sarcastic to the thread above.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #20
Trapped
Veteran

Basically we are drafting Bush. They have seen enough

We are just bringing in Young with workout drills to make his final case. Young will have to look like a god in these workouts in order for the texans to draft him.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read