Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2006   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default cough cough um uh I don't mean to brag but a...

as of right now we do have the best RB in the AFC South
Old 04-01-2006   #2
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

so far

DD
Fred Taylor
Labrandon toefield
Travis Henry
Chris Brown

Dominhic rohdes

something like that so far
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #3
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think the Jags could make an argument that Fred Taylor is the best RB in the AFC South.

FWIW I'd take DD over Taylor, because you never know when Taylor's going to blow out an ankle or a knee and miss another year. He sure is exciting though.

Plus I've always liked Davis. Best positive draft surprise in Texans history so far, IMO and his injuries heal faster than Taylor's.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor is better when healthy, but DD is more reliable. Kind of funny as that is a knock against DD that he can't stay in the game. Says something about how much Taylor is out I guess.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
as of right now we do have the best RB in the AFC South
Perhaps...but obviously it's debatable. Although you might say that statement is hands down once the draft is over and we have a new running back. At least I hope he's the best back in the division with the kind of jack we'll be paying him.*

We just need a consistent line that can provide us balanced protection for both the running and passing games.

*obvious assumption of a Bush draft pick, no favoritism intended
Old 04-01-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Taylor is better when healthy, but DD is more reliable. Kind of funny as that is a knock against DD that he can't stay in the game. Says something about how much Taylor is out I guess.
Taylor has played in 41 games over the last three seasons. DD has played in 40.

Both missed 5 games last year.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I love DD but Taylor is definatly a better back.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2006   #8
YodAa
All Pro

actually yeah FT wins this one based on better size, better YPC, and more yards in the last 3 years. DD did have more TDs tho.
Old 04-02-2006   #9
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
actually yeah FT wins this one based on better size, better YPC, and more yards in the last 3 years. DD did have more TDs tho.
you killed your own thread.great.
Old 04-02-2006   #10
YodAa
All Pro

lol i was only stating the truth tho
Old 04-02-2006   #11
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

reggie bush could arguably be the best back in the AFC this season, barring disasterous injury. hopefully he will be the best, and playing for the texans.
Old 04-02-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
reggie bush could arguably be the best back in the AFC this season, barring disasterous injury. hopefully he will be the best, and playing for the texans.
I do hope that Reggie puts on at least 10 pounds before August. I dont want to see our stud RB taking game-ending gutshots by eager LBs.
Old 04-02-2006   #13
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
lol i was only stating the truth tho
I feel ya....I'm stoked about this upcoming season as well
Old 04-02-2006   #14
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Put it this way...If reggie doesnt put on a little more muscle and weight and doesnt stay tought then one of those eager linebackers are going to break him. They will want to prove hes not what hes cooked up to be...If we draft him then repost this thread and you can honestly say that we will have the best back in the AFC South...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I still hope that the Texans don't draft RB. My avatar says it all...that's who the Texans need.
Old 04-03-2006   #16
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

from what the proday results have stated the guy is strong fast quick and he should be fine. 202 is smaller than most backs but warrick dunn is a good example of a small back lasting. He will be fine. If WR can take shots from safeties over the middle while jumping and being blindsided, then i think Reggie will be ok.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, Tiki Barber is a better size comparison to Bush than Dunn. Bush will probably end up playing closer to 210. Marshall Faulk is 211 and he turned out okay.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #18
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Put it this way...If reggie doesnt put on a little more muscle and weight and doesnt stay tought then one of those eager linebackers are going to break him. They will want to prove hes not what hes cooked up to be...If we draft him then repost this thread and you can honestly say that we will have the best back in the AFC South
After reading today's article in the Chronicle, I'm not to worried about his size. He bench pressed 225 lbs. 24 times. That was 9 times more than Lendale White. Pretty impressive if you ask me. And a 4.33 forty? He had some good numbers to say the least.
Old 04-03-2006   #19
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Put it this way...If reggie doesnt put on a little more muscle and weight and doesnt stay tought then one of those eager linebackers are going to break him. They will want to prove hes not what hes cooked up to be...If we draft him then repost this thread and you can honestly say that we will have the best back in the AFC South...
you presume that linebackers will actually be able to CATCH Reggie Bush
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

one guy i havent seen mentioned much..if at all..when talking about Bush, is Tony Dorsett.

He looks like a Tony Dorsett clone to me. Except he is slightly bigger and a better receiver out of the backfield

Incidentally.. Dorsett missed very few games..and had a pretty dang good career. Hall of Famer.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read