Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-01-2006   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default nfl.com and espn.com Reports Texans ‘High’ on Young

nfl.com and espn.com Reports Texans ‘High’ on Young

I was hoping it was somebody’s idea of a joke, but first nfl.com and then espn.com are reporting that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
A source ‘very close’ to the Texans is saying that Casserly and his scouts have, in accordance with Kubiak’s direction, marked Vince Young for this year’s first-round selection: pending finalization of a trade with the Titans, who want to move up to #1 to ensure rights to Reggie Bush. Reportedly, this source claims that Kubiak is “high” on Young and that all of the Reggie talk – even while Kubiak and staff are in California to attend the USC pro day – has indeed been little more than posturing for purposes of trade negotiation.
Wtf.

I myself am the biggest skeptic on this board regarding “sources close to the team” … but if this is true, I am going to be overly upset come draft day. I do not for the life of me understand what our staff would be thinking about resigning Carr if they intend to draft Young, but hell … wouldn’t be the first time the Texans FO made the unthinkable deal.

Will be interested to hear more, so stay tuned.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsi der.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors
Old 04-01-2006   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

My sig doesn't lie.

This happens, then DC is gone after 2006.
Old 04-01-2006   #3
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I can't find that rumor on NFL.com

Link, anyone?
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #4
Tejaspro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek

I was hoping it was somebody’s idea of a joke, but first nfl.com and then espn.com are reporting that:

Wtf.

I myself am the biggest skeptic on this board regarding “sources close to the team” … but if this is true, I am going to be overly upset come draft day. I do not for the life of me understand what our staff would be thinking about resigning Carr if they intend to draft Young, but hell … wouldn’t be the first time the Texans FO made the unthinkable deal.

Will be interested to hear more, so stay tuned.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsi der.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

What's today, guys? April 1st. Does that ring a bell? Like....April fools day????

You've just been had.
Tejaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejaspro
What's today, guys? April 1st. Does that ring a bell? Like....April fools day????

You've just been had.
When I copy and pasted that link...I knew I had been well...had.
Old 04-01-2006   #6
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
When I copy and pasted that link...I knew I had been well...had.
April rules! Especially this year.

So many non-religious holidays:

April 1st (still works even though everyone knows...)

April 15th (tax day = side money for bad)

April 20th (mass twinkie consumption day)

April 29th (NFL Draft)

April 31st (May Day)
Old 04-01-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rack him!
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

You Jerek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

April Fools Day!
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Damn ... you guys are too bright. I expected more people to fall for it.

Thanks for playing along.
Old 04-02-2006   #11
bad
Veteran

Quote:
Damn ... you guys are too bright. I expected more people to fall for it.

Thanks for playing along.
I've found that April Fool's Day pranks work much better in June. Nobody, but NO-BODY sees 'em coming.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read