Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-01-2006   #1
Texans#1
Rookie

Default Is Reggie Bush going to be a starter for the TEXANS?

Do you guys think that Reggie Bush will be a sarter for the Texans if he is the other 31 NFL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK OUT!

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #2
Texans#1
Rookie

Default is Reggie Bush going to be starter for the TEXANS?

Do you guys know if Reggie Bush is going to be a starter for the TEXANS if he is the other 31 NFL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK OUT!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yes he will...He will be a 1st and 2nd down back and DD will be the 3rd down back. Or we may do wishbone or split back formation...He will share time with DD but will be a starter.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #4
Texans#1
Rookie

Ya they will start Reggie Bush he will be the best player out there
Old 04-01-2006   #5
Daonly
Veteran

After the first practice he will be.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=20595

You should only post the thread once
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #7
Texans#1
Rookie

Ya i put it in the wrong spot sorry bout that.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2006   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

Thats if we draft him
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't be starting next year. I suggest you go to a preseason game to see him for a whole half of a game. (I will be there).
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #10
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

If we take him, he better freaking start, if we dont it is a waste of a draft pick. If we want a guy to sit and learn the draft Vince Young, if Reggie can't start draft OL. Reggie Bush will have to start!
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #11
texanfan2100
Veteran

[quote=Texans#1]Do you guys know if Reggie Bush is going to be a starter for the TEXANS if he is the other 31 NFL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK OUT!!![quote]

He might not be, but not because he's not worthy. If they have him and Mathis both back for the opening kickoff, he probably won't start. That would be just because of kickoff returns though.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #12
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Texas
If we take him, he better freaking start...
Well put. Seriously. If this wasn't such a classy forum you could've saved a letter and it would've been a totally perfect answer.

You're drafting projects in the latter rounds. The #1 overall pick (particularly THIS one) should be expected to not only start, but to finish.

off.

the.

other.

team.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush on kick returns!? Unheard of. Way too much of a chance for injury. Besides, why would we need him?? Mathis was one of the ONLY players that gave 150% last year, and my 13 jersey should be in the mail soon! Mathis is what, a 5th string WR if we get Moulds? That is expendable. Not someone like Bush.
Old 04-01-2006   #14
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1
Do you guys know if Reggie Bush is going to be a starter for the TEXANS if he is the other 31 NFL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK OUT!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!

No, I think they let him sit out for a year until he's comfortable with the offense! He will just observe DD, until he takes over !
Old 04-01-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17
No, I think they let him sit out for a year until he's comfortable with the offense! He will just observe DD, until he takes over !
Agreed. I think Kubiak has the balls to withstand media and fan pressure to expose a still young Reggie Bush to the full force of an NFL Defense.
Old 04-01-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

he wont be a texan....also, you had this thread in the right place earlier, as the bullpen is only for players ON the texans roster, not for players you would like to see them draft.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #17
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
Thats if we draft him
I agree.

Do you think that the front office of the Texans are going there to see him? Yes to some extent, but they want to see what kind of tentative trade offers they can start working. I do not think they are going to draft Reggie. I think they are still going to trade down and get more picks to add depth to their already improved FA moves so when those guys are ready to leave, this draft class will be more than ready.

They are not going to draft VY for the LAST time, they just extended Carr's contract recently didn't they? And I believe it was after Kube was hired so that would tell me he wants Carr too.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

I agree, I want either the Texans to trade down and pick up D'Brick and some O-lineman, or to get Bush. VY will not be a Texan. It's nothing personal at all, but VY is too much of an investment and Carr has just been given a big contract. Drafting Vince Young would be folly. Bush is someone who will be valuable much sooner than Young. But he wont be starting in front of DD next year, not a chance. And he will definitely not be on a kick return (MAYBE punt return, but not next year). I would like to see them trade down, but I dont think it can happen.
Old 04-01-2006   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush will not be on Special teams. But if we do get him, I think he will start.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bush will start. Whether he is lined up as a receiver or as a running back is a different question.

Bush won't return kicks. If he returns anything, it will be punts. Kick returns are too dangerous for franchise players. Punts on the other hand, aren't as bad.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read