Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2006   #1
Texans#1
Rookie

Default Could this be are first Playoff year?

I wonder if we could get into the playoffs this i think we could with are offseason by getting Gary Kublak as Head Coach going to Draft Reggie Bush as First pick so this could be are PLAYOFF YEAR.

GO TEXANS!!!!!
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1
I wonder if we could get into the playoffs this i think we could with are offseason by getting Gary Kublak as Head Coach going to Draft Reggie Bush as First pick so this could be are PLAYOFF YEAR.

GO TEXANS!!!!!
Its not just Reggie. Its everything they have done in the off season. Its coaching, its FA time and it will be the draft. We have everything in place as of now for a surprising season. Will it happen, only God knows. But there are some very exciting possibilities for the season coming up. I keep saying just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #3
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Seeing that it's still basically the same OL and the same defense, and the sked strength is basically the same, I would estimate about the same record.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #4
Wordem
Veteran

Abolutely not. The Texans will be lucky to win 6 games. And the empty seats at Reliant will be an omen of things to come.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #5
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense still has some major question marks in my mind. Our primary pass rushing DE at the moment will be switching positions again. Our linebacking corps has been brought together to be a 3-4 group...Will they fit together in a 4-3? I don't see the Sam Cowart signing as huge...it gives depth and is a good signing overall, but it is a stop gap. We need a number 2 CB. Our safeties are probably not playoff caliber either. We are moving in the right direction on offense which will be nice...especially if we actually get some more chemistry, but I just have a hard time seeing us make the playoffs with our defense...Hope I am wrong though.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #6
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I can't remember a playoff team that reconfigured their defense and offensive lines in the previous offseason and still made the playoffs, and I'm not sure why it would happen now...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #7
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Not this season.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2006   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

boy, that first playoff game in houston will be nice. whenever it may be.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #9
Trapped
Veteran

The Chargers made the playoffs with two late round rookies, and 3 average linemans.

Reasons why the Chargers made the playoffs:
1.Drew Brees emerged
2. Antonio Gates took the game by storm

New D.Coordinator, but same defensive personnel.

FOr the optimistic Fans, we can be optimistic that David Carr will emerge and Moulds/Putzier/Bush will be our impact players we didn't have last year.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #10
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Seeing that it's still basically the same OL and the same defense, and the sked strength is basically the same, I would estimate about the same record.
Damn, who took a leak in this guy's Cheerios?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #11
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our first playoff season, maybe too early to tell ask again later.
Old 04-01-2006   #12
Samer
Veteran

Quote:
Oline has been upgraded, The signing of Flannagen in center means that McKinney can move to his more familier guard position, right there means that 1 signing improved 2 positions on the oline
Old 04-01-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just cant see it....how can you realistically predict playoffs when we've never hit 500? Progress is a process.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #14
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Damn dude are you always this optomistic> or are you a Cowboy's fan?
Old 04-01-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

Quote:

GO TEXANS!!!!!
Man that would be nice,but we are playing a pretty tough schedule this year,I think we make large strides towards the playoffs and respect,but think it may still be 1-2 years away
Old 04-01-2006   #16
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
Damn dude are you always this optomistic
No -- realistic. If you want to just be a cheerleader, tryouts for that kind of thing are coming up, I believe.
Old 04-01-2006   #17
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer
Oline has been upgraded, The signing of Flannagen in center means that McKinney can move to his more familier guard position, right there means that 1 signing improved 2 positions on the oline
I wouldn't get all that excited about one guy out of five -- and a pretty old one at that who probably wouldn't be around for a playoff run.
Old 04-01-2006   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
maybe too early to tell ask again later.
So says The Magic 8 Ball.
Old 04-01-2006   #19
HTownBTDown
Rookie

You guys are just blowing smoke up each *****E$. The Jaguars made the playoffs last year. Last year Jacksonville sacked David Carr 6 times in the first game between the two. Houston gave up back-to-back sacks on its opening drive of the second half. "We had so many opportunities to win that game." David Carr said. You execute opportunities by having Good players, we have not done enough to make it to the playoffs we have done enough to WIN many more games and keep the blowouts close, not to make the playoffs.
HTownBTDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #20
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

Your defense is questionable still isnt it? Do you have alot of depth? Without depth you cant do anything in/near playoff time becuase of injuries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read